Notice of balance due for initiation fees from part time to full time.

csonicdog

I got a letter in the mail a week ago from the union local 952 saying that my initiation fee for going part time to full time was never paid. I went full time in 2004. That was 11 years ago. I called payroll and they are getting together my pay check history together so i will find out soon if i didn't or not. My question is does anyone know how much was the initiation fee was during that time? The union is saying it was $605. Also when the union is taking out initiation fees every week do they take out union dues on top of the initiation fees for that period of time? I think it goes they take out the fees and after you the fees are paid they start taking union dues.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
My question is does anyone know how much was the initiation fee was during that time? The union is saying it was $605.

$605 for initiation fees? That's beyond greedy. Hope they sent someone personally from the Union to at least offer a stroking while they screwed ya!

By The Book

I got a letter in the mail a week ago from the union local 952 saying that my initiation fee for going part time to full time was never paid. I went full time in 2004. That was 11 years ago. I called payroll and they are getting together my pay check history together so i will find out soon if i didn't or not. My question is does anyone know how much was the initiation fee was during that time? The union is saying it was $605. Also when the union is taking out initiation fees every week do they take out union dues on top of the initiation fees for that period of time? I think it goes they take out the fees and after you the fees are paid they start taking union dues.
Usually they are for a part time employee that has made it through his probation and hired on permanently. The locals divide the initiation fee, and still collects union dues monthly based on your hourly rate.If they didn't do it this way many newly hired employees wouldn't have the monies to pay the fees.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Did their used to be an initiation fee for a member going into a full time position? I've never heard of this.
Yes. I went full-time from part-time in 1992 and the initiation fee was $350 if I remember correctly.

When I first started at UPS in 1987, the part-time initiation fee was $150.

And I know my driver helpers at Christmas had to pay union dues.

I am out of 952 and that is highway robbery.