Notifying the Union of an employee

10 point

You Joe Unions would never make it in the real (at will) world.
You, Joe Management's pet, don't have a clue whether any of us would "make it" do you? No, you don't.

I chose to come to this job. The company offered me the position I have. I could walk away and still "make it".
The one thing that separates you from us "Joe Union" types is dedication to help others while your posting depicts someone who only cares about himself.
We don't need the union to respect others without judging.
"Some" may want to try that route themselves.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's a sort.
That's not an option.

That's management's problem and no concern of ours, unless you're the steward.

Ok will you work with him then on the sort has a teamster with him doing all this. If someone on the belt is missorted and
You, Joe Management's pet, don't have a clue whether any of us would "make it" do you? No, you don't.

I chose to come to this job. The company offered me the position I have. I could walk away and still "make it".
The one thing that separates you from us "Joe Union" types is dedication to help others while your posting depicts someone who only cares about himself.

Let me ask you a question? What if you had a jack off sorting packages out to your area all day shooting missorts down there all day. The supervisors have told him, the union protects the guy so he keeps getting his job back. Why in the world would i protect a guy like that who is making my job harder. At the end of the day I have to take them packages to where their suppose to go. If it isn't me taking them around to where they go it is someone else. My job is to come in do my job safe and go home. That is what I am paid to do not pick up the slack for someone else who can't do their job.

box_beeyotch

Not only would I disregard his entire conversation with me, I probably would've drove away and finished my own Damn work. If it got that serious, I'd visit him off the clock.

10 point

Ok will you work with him then on the sort has a teamster with him doing all this. If someone on the belt is missorted and

Let me ask you a question? What if you had a jack off sorting packages out to your area all day shooting missorts down there all day. The supervisors have told him, the union protects the guy so he keeps getting his job back. Why in the world would i protect a guy like that who is making my job harder. At the end of the day I have to take them packages to where their suppose to go. If it isn't me taking them around to where they go it is someone else. My job is to come in do my job safe and go home. That is what I am paid to do not pick up the slack for someone else who can't do their job.
Straight time plus 1/2.
Buys lots of Kleenexes.

upssouth

So I guess the only lazy employees are the teamsters? That's is what is being said.

I know of plenty of lazy non union employees.

Funny, some of you don't realize a steward will STILL represent a non union, lazy, employee.

I can't stand selfish drivers. I, me, my.

trickpony1

I gotta wonder why he didn't stay in the Air Force?

Eight years? I'm guessing he was an E5 or E6?

......or maybe he wasn't smart enough to rise above E3?

10 point

Sorry, I didn't know you were salary.
Does the missorts make your day unsafe?
I suppose that's the union's fault too.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sorry, I didn't know you were salary.
Does the missorts make your day unsafe?
I suppose that's the union's fault too.

Actually yes because some of them are overweights coming down a moving belt. Not to mention i work out in a module and have no where to put the misssorts. So yes this gentleman does make my day unsafe. Not the unions fault in getting his job back it is what they do. Just like it isn't my fault for yelling at him making my day harder.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
To OP,if your asking a "real"union member the answers are;I don't know what you are talking about. Or my favorite response to ANY management question;"I give up?"

You can tell by my replies I may talk bad about the union to other teamsters but if management ask me a teamsters question,my reply is always...I don't know. Translation; I do know but I'm not going to tell you.

10 point

Actually yes because some of them are overweights coming down a moving belt. Not to mention i work out in a module and have no where to put the misssorts. So yes this gentleman does make my day unsafe. Not the unions fault in getting his job back it is what they do. Just like it isn't my fault for yelling at him making my day harder.
File an Article 18 on the situation. Tried that yet? The union pendulum swings both ways.

Browntown2014

Two Peaks ago we had a new driver who was having a hard time getting the hang of things. After being sent for the third time to help him, I decided to have a little "chat" with the young man.

He is now one of our best casuals.

It's amazing just how powerful peer pressure can be.

Lol you are such a buffoon.

Browntown2014

Filed on for what? "Oh, Dave was being a meanie....." Give me a fricking break. I bust my ass on my route only to have to drive across town during Peak to help out a newbie with a serious lack of "sense of urgency"? Yeah, that's not going to go over very well.

My center manager conceded that my little chat did the trick.

How did he "concede"? Did he allow you to spit it out this time?