Now District Managers follow us here!

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date

tieguy

Banned
Except I'm not a steward, our steward skips his lunch and his truck is half empty every day.

Excellent Griff 17C the steward sold out to management is one we rarely see the average goon employ. You are really getting to be a master player of goonery. Folks we have a possible champion here. Once Griff is able to successfully play at least 90 percent of the book he becomes a master goon. As a master goon he gets the rights to wear a large medallion with the words "I'm solus unus ut est vox" which loosley translates to the words I'm the only one that is not screwed up.

I have to sit here and explain articles of the contract to you? Why the hell would I bother...

That's not what I asked...I asked for examples of your grievances...A couple years ago I didn't get paid for a funeral...Did I file a grievance? No, I mentioned it to management and it was no problem. I got my pay alot sooner than filing an unesessary grievance.

Griff

Excellent Griff 17C the steward sold out to management is one we rarely see the average goon employ. You are really getting to be a master player of goonery. Folks we have a possible champion here. Once Griff is able to successfully play at least 90 percent of the book he becomes a master goon. As a master goon he gets the rights to wear a large medallion with the words "I'm solus unus ut est vox" which loosley translates to the words I'm the only one that is not screwed up.

It's common knowledge and fact. He openly admits to skipping his lunch and all you need to do is take a wonder up the slide and look in his truck in the morning. Nothing on the floor whatsoever, just shelves. Must be nice getting back in at 3PM everyday like clockwork.

Griff

That's not what I asked...I asked for examples of your grievances...A couple years ago I didn't get paid for a funeral...Did I file a grievance? No, I mentioned it to management and it was no problem. I got my pay alot sooner than filing an unesessary grievance.

3s7,6s1,17,21,36,37.

You didn't get it as soon as you should have. They violated the contract and you should have filed to document it. Now the next guy won't get his pay in a timely manner because the issue wasn't put on the hot seat, congratulations.

Let me break this down for you real quick. You're out to get what's yours, I'm out to get what's ours as a collective. I'm looking out for the next guy, you're worried about what you're eating for dinner tonight.

3s7,6s1,17,21,36,37.

You didn't get it as soon as you should have. They violated the contract and you should have filed to document it. Now the next guy won't get his pay in a timely manner because the issue wasn't put on the hot seat, congratulations.

Let me break this down for you real quick. You're out to get what's yours, I'm out to get what's ours as a collective. I'm looking out for the next guy, you're worried about what you're eating for dinner tonight.

Management didn't know that it was a paid funeral.

Then enforce all the contract...Make sure everyone takes thier lunch and stop drivers from working off the clock...That's looking out for the collective bunch.

Griff

Management didn't know that it was a paid funeral.

Then enforce all the contract...Make sure everyone takes thier lunch and stop drivers from working off the clock...That's looking out for the collective bunch.

If you knew the contract and read my post, you'd realize I do my part.

ARTICLE 17. PAID-FOR TIME

The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.

Pretty black and white, too bad my local doesn't care. Good thing I'll be running next time, too bad I'll lose because people don't want the contract upheld...they simply want to go home as early as possible.

If you knew the contract and read my post, you'd realize I do my part.

ARTICLE 17. PAID-FOR TIME

The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.

Pretty black and white, too bad my local doesn't care. Good thing I'll be running next time, too bad I'll lose because people don't want the contract upheld...they simply want to go home as early as possible.

Good for you for running...But you will need management to help you. Which is easy because they surely don't want a driver injured in their package car while they were off the clock.

New Englander

It's common knowledge and fact. He openly admits to skipping his lunch and all you need to do is take a wonder up the slide and look in his truck in the morning. Nothing on the floor whatsoever, just shelves. Must be nice getting back in at 3PM everyday like clockwork.

So Griff one of those grievances must have been to enforce the steward to take his lunch as the contract says, no?

Entering his lunch and not taking it is fraud, isn't it?

Hedley_Lamarr

I got followed when I was trying to make book. I saw them and knew I was being watched. Now I always work like I'm being watched, cause ya just never know...

Channahon

I got followed when I was trying to make book. I saw them and knew I was being watched. Now I always work like I'm being watched, cause ya just never know...

You bring up a good point, when I was a center manager I trusted and trained my supervisors to train all new hires per the methods. The management team following a new driver, was for training purposes of not only the driver, but the on car sup as well.

We would observe the driver to ensure methods were followed, and if not, then I would make a point to meet the driver after his/her stop and ask about the method not being followed. If the driver acknowledged they had not followed the method, then the method would be explained again.

If the method was not taught by the on car sup, that was another conversation between me and the supervisor. Then the plan would be to get the sup back on the car to retrain, and ensure all methods were taught.

It is all accountability, starting with the on car sup training, then the driver.

My style of management, which in the long run, made everyone's job easier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My on-car and center manager came up to me the other day and thanked me for following the methods as they had observed me delivering a few stops. I jokingly replied that I hadn't seen either of their vehicles and my on-car replied that they have many vehicles so, as Hedley said, do your job as though someone were watching your every movement.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once was followed for almost a whole day. They would park on the same block and I could see them writting stuff down at each stop. I asked the center manager that night what was going on and he denied knowning anything about it. The next day after I saw the same car I went up to them and asked what the heck was going on. Turns out the were with another delivery company (one of the regional carriers) and the were getting information so they could set up their delivery trace just like UPS's. Sure glad I didn't make an :censored2: out of myself with my center manager. :happy2:

UPS Lifer

As much respect as I have for Griff personally, I agree. Grieving just to grieve doesn't do organized labor's reputation any good. -Rocky

Rocky,
I am shocked about your admission of respect for someone who breaths hate and contempt into every word he types. What am I missing?

This is a poster who spews negative energy every chance he gets.

Respect indicates a deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their qualities, abilities, or achievements!

He even has contempt for his own shop steward! Threads get hijacked on a regular basis after his negative and sometimes disrespectful posts so I am asking you :why:

UPS Lifer

Getting back to the thread.....

A district manager would not follow or OJS a manager on a routine basis. This is why the center manager has a division manager. It is the division manager's job to OJS, coach & counsel his/her people.

That being said..... Lakeland brought up the point I was going to ask... Death and/or serious injuries and accidents.

I had a driver involved fatality in one of my centers. At that time it was corporate procedure to assign a District Manager from out of the region to investigate and make recommendations as to what happened and what needed to be done in the future.

A current example of this is yard control in the hubs - preloads and local sorts involving cones, vests restricted areas and most importantly certifications of procedures.

So it is possible that the district manager was assigned to verify certifications, level of understanding and procedures used by the center manager to look for root cause analysis and solutions.