Now I have heard it all (maybe)

NI1

Been driving for a long time (20 years) I have heard so many stupid things customers said but today cracked me up... Here's what happened

I did my pick up at this hospital mail room around 3:40 pm (2:30 sched) . As I went to my next stop (about a mile or 2 away) I got an Oca the order was from the hospital mail room so I thought maybe the oms just gave me the Oca late. So I called the hospital mail room to confirm if what I had picked up was the Oca, the mail room manager told me that this lady from the hospital game him a bunch of air and he had told the lady that I have been there and done with the pick up, the lady then said
'BY LAW MY PACKAGES NEED TO BE PICKED UP'...

Long story short, I was going to go back there anyway to make the Oca pu I just find is funny that this lady is using the law as an excuse. I told the mail room manager that law or not I need the packages in the mail room by 3:00 because if I'm out of area she will have to bring that to the hub. Or law or not if I miss the air shuttle those boxes will be late....

Anything stupid happend to you?

Jcups3349

Deliveringthree packages today to a front porch. Man across the street yells to me THEYRE NOT HOME as im walking back to my truck. I said its ok i can leave em/dnt need a sig. He yells back you dont understand, theyre out of town im telling you. Matter of factly. I told him to mind his buisness and keep checking his mail. Was then told hes calling the 800 number to report me for being rude and i guess driver releasing packages for people on vacation. I told him to let his hair down.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have been asked more than once if I am the "FEDEX guy" ,and I can recall a couple of times when a customer wasnt happy over having to be home to sign for his package being told" My taxes pay your salary,you work for ME!" .

iruhnman630

My highlight of the week so far, from Monday:

The scene: a backwoods road, currently undergoing some kind of reconstruction. Not much of a road at the moment, really. Just a kinda-sorta path through the dirt, swerving around the downed trees and burning brush piles. Up ahead I see two woman sitting in a golf cart watching me. As I approach I can see the absolute disgust in their faces and their emphatic arm gestures.

As I drive by, one woman is absolutely screaming at me while beating on her steering wheel 'SLOW DOWN! LOOK AT THE DUST YOU'RE RAISING!!!'

I was already only doing 20.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been asked more than once if I am the "FEDEX guy" ,and I can recall a couple of times when a customer wasnt happy over having to be home to sign for his package being told" My taxes pay your salary,you work for ME!" .

That wouldn't even be true for the postal service. Idiots.

Brownslave688

The scene: a backwoods road, currently undergoing some kind of reconstruction. Not much of a road at the moment, really. Just a kinda-sorta path through the dirt, swerving around the downed trees and burning brush piles. Up ahead I see two woman sitting in a golf cart watching me. As I approach I can see the absolute disgust in their faces and their emphatic arm gestures.

As I drive by, one woman is absolutely screaming at me while beating on her steering wheel 'SLOW DOWN! LOOK AT THE DUST YOU'RE RAISING!!!'

That's when u stop and say the speed limit is 35 I'm doing 20. Ill be coming back in a few minutes. U might want to move.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

I've stopped when someone yelled at me to slow down and left the truck idling. The dust was still being raised because our exhausts point down. I pointed at the exhaust and the dust, then shrugged my shoulders. I kindly told her that getting the dirt road oiled is the only way to keep the dust down. I got in the truck and idled down the road...raising a dust cloud.

542thruNthru

Deliveringthree packages today to a front porch. Man across the street yells to me THEYRE NOT HOME as im walking back to my truck. I said its ok i can leave em/dnt need a sig. He yells back you dont understand, theyre out of town im telling you. Matter of factly. I told him to mind his buisness and keep checking his mail. Was then told hes calling the 800 number to report me for being rude and i guess driver releasing packages for people on vacation. I told him to let his hair down.

I was delivering a 130lb gun safe a few months ago on a steep street. Finally get it to the house and the neighbor across the street calls out. "Their not home! I'll take it for them!) I laugh a little to myself and say "that's OK I'll just leave it here." Some back and forth happens she starts to get upset and says that it could be stolen. I said "Well if they can carry it away then they can have it!" Had a nice chat in the office about that one. ID STILL DO IT AGAIN :-)

NI1

How about this... I Dr the package then as I was driving away they customer starts yelling so I had to stop. He asked me 'do I need to sign for this?'

No you don't, that's why I left it there and took off smh

Indecisi0n

Should have pulled up to where the exhaust pipe was facing them and REV'ed it !

Indecisi0n

I been losing my patience for the "What is it question". Now when they ask "What is it?" I ask "How would I know that?" It makes them feel stupid.

Re-Raise

I been losing my patience for the "What is it question". Now when they ask "What is it?" I ask "How would I know that?" It makes them feel stupid.

I always look at them with a straight face and tell them, "I don't know my supervisors told me to stop looking in all the packages"

iowa boy

I've gotten to the point that I just tell them its a cardboard box. I'm not being a smartass, I just tell them the truth, it usually shuts them up.

Another set of customers ask me "who is the package from", I tell them its from me to you. That one tends to piss them off just enough so they understand they are being idiots.

Brownslave688

Pretty sure the people that say this stuff are the same ones that just have me a chicken sandwich with a burger patty in place of the chicken.