Now that peak is over

packageguy

Now that peak is over, have they started with the OJS, or increase in warning letters? Don't want to see if its nation wide. Thanks.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Peak is still proceeding (for a few more days, at least) & many managerial employees are still working their Peak roles. Ask again in a few weeks.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You must of drove a Dalorean to work equipped with a flux capacitor, peak ain't over as I had over 200 today with a helper. These fries taste extra good tonight at Wendy's.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
peak is OVAH for me!
I got on the 9.5 list Monday and havent been over 8.5 all week. I filed so many Excessive Overtime Grievances last year they are taking no chances right now. suits me, i like being home at 615

Notretiredyet

And from May 1 to Oct 31 they can use seasonals as vacation replacements. I'm with JB, Wendy's fries are best eaten at time and a half.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Peak is still proceeding (for a few more days, at least) & many managerial employees are still working their Peak roles. Ask again in a few weeks.
My on car has been delivering a route the last couple of days. When volume settles down the annual safety rides will start up. Note to self, better start learning the safety drivel.

BrownArmy

If this year is like the last five years (and it's shaping up to be), 'peak' won't be over until the second week of February.

Same as the last few years, December was smooth, but January was where I made my overtime.

I'm cover...the last week of working days was between 250-300 stops daily...

"No one can get my air, I have to drive it back to the building?" $$$

"We're real sorry about the c-phuq today, but we really can't help you out..." $$$

"We can't control the amount of stops, but you can control safety...if you need to chew stops, so be it..." $$$

Sup actually had the stones to say that we can't work helpers in January due to the contract, right before he took a route out of the building.

$$$

barnyard

KTM rider
Our peak is winding down. 3 peak routes were out today and I got help at 1520 from a guy that was done with his route and had taken all his break. I punched out at 1800 and it looked like over half were punched out already. My projected count for tomorrow was under 100. Sounds like Monday we might have all the peak routes out.

brownboxman

Well Iam sorry to hear of all the OT FORCED out in the rest of the country. Our center manager has been meeting with each driver discussing dispatch. 90% of the drivers are very satisfied with their stop count range agreed on. His therory is give drivers a goal that is attainable in a reasonable time frame and drivers will rise to the occasion. I was in the building tonight, about 8 1/2 hrs ad there were half the drivers in and gone. We are fortunate this center manager has be here 1 1/2 yrs and things are very good. He has had extra routes in this week to keep our hours down, his production numbers are up, drivers are happy, its a good thing!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well Iam sorry to hear of all the OT FORCED out in the rest of the country. Our center manager has been meeting with each driver discussing dispatch. 90% of the drivers are very satisfied with their stop count range agreed on. His therory is give drivers a goal that is attainable in a reasonable time frame and drivers will rise to the occasion. I was in the building tonight, about 8 1/2 hrs ad there were half the drivers in and gone. We are fortunate this center manager has be here 1 1/2 yrs and things are very good. He has had extra routes in this week to keep our hours down, his production numbers are up, drivers are happy, its a good thing!
Sounds like you got a good one, hope he stays that way and someone above him gets him into a position where he can make real changes.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Peak has been here for 5 yrs. It will never end. Yes I have had my annual safety ride, my after injury ride, my help you out coz you got hurt ride. Im beginning to think they just want to know how to do the job, since they failed miserably when I was off. Or they like to walk behind me, Im just not sure. Love em all, dont care, they do what they do, I do what I do. Nothing changes when they ride with me or Im alone. Whatever, I have given up. I just go to work, beat me how you choose.

brownboxman

Jack its kind of sad isnt it, here is an example of a man who works with his crew to make it a good place to work. His method should be used everywhere. By the way , our center was considered one of the worst by division staff before he came, no center manager's wanted anything to do with us.