Now that peak is over

slantnosechevy

Well Iam sorry to hear of all the OT FORCED out in the rest of the country. Our center manager has been meeting with each driver discussing dispatch. 90% of the drivers are very satisfied with their stop count range agreed on. His therory is give drivers a goal that is attainable in a reasonable time frame and drivers will rise to the occasion. I was in the building tonight, about 8 1/2 hrs ad there were half the drivers in and gone. We are fortunate this center manager has be here 1 1/2 yrs and things are very good. He has had extra routes in this week to keep our hours down, his production numbers are up, drivers are happy, its a good thing!

Having a hard time believing this one. Drivers happy? Probably the start of the love fest that comes around in a contract year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a 144 pd piece of drilling equipment just like the one I had in december which I got beat up by when I propped it up and it fell on me. I said to the consignee, you can get it or Ill call a teamster. They got it. With the "new" ups view on safety, if i feel I cant safely move it I am to call for help. So Im calling for help. it was a fluke that it hurt me, and I probably could have slid it out, but after all the grief I got for getting hurt, and still getting, reported it and never missed a beat, minute, hour or day of work, Im not taking a chance. They care about me now. So I will let them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd just be happy if our dispatcher took a glance at the giant map posted on the wall right above his desk. 135 stops 210 miles today. Broke 37 miles at one point to get a business off before five. Looks like 2013 is going to be a very profitable year for me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We finally had a few peak routes cut yesterday, even though a couple of guys went out with Helpers. Volume was down today too, I'm using my first Option Day.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Peak IS over as far as Automotive is concerned. Basically we are told after newyear is "If you do any overtime without approval we will kill you!" Always the same, regardless of reality. We don't make money no matter how well we do. So therefore we are something that has to be minimized as what we do is percieved bby the beancounters as having no lasting value.