Now that you are Union and UPS owned

NOOBZ

I've never been Union before and I'm not sure if it's better or worse. Some things seem better then they would other wise non Union and some things seem worse due to it being Union.

Indecisi0n

I've never been Union before and I'm not sure if it's better or worse. Some things seem better then they would other wise non Union and some things seem worse due to it being Union.
Your pretty much always going to have BS to deal with but now hopefully you have better pay, benefits and job security. Enjoy.

NOOBZ

That's it. I do me job and just go about life. It's some cry babies that make it suck. "He got 15 min more then me" " I worked yesterday and couldn't come in the next day till I had my 10 hour break. The lower guy shouldn't be able to come in before me. I'm getting to work 2 days and he's only getting one 10 hours day...... It drones on and on...."

UPSmechanicinblue

I helped organize a terminal years ago, one of the managers hired a close relative-gave him one of the best routes and an employee hurt his back so Overnite fired him. This got the rest of the guys to sign the cards so we had 100% support from the drivers at the time. I'm sure you guys bid routes now? Also I think you guys are $27 something an hour last time I checked the UPSNMFA. Most of the employees left before UPS bought them out due to finding better paying jobs at the time.

Skeeters

Are you freight guys better off?

Only because we are owned by UPS...

Let me clarify, I think we are better off as far as wages but not retirement. Overnite had a better retirement for road drivers or who ever else wanted to work hard towards it. UPSF $105.00 (no matter what your yearly wages are) a year for retirement is a embarrassment to the employees that make this company and the union that negotiated the contract...

Last edited: