Now we can't sheet pickups !!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does any of that stuff catch customers using the same label for two different packages? Because I find them on the delivery end about as often as I find them on the pickup end. It happens often enough that it's not a surprise.

How do you sheet those? I will sheet the stop, prerecord, sheet the duplicate label, prerecord, LC, DC, stop complete, LA delivery address.

Jones, I used to also check to see if the same label was being used more than once but now I let the system catch it and back bill the shipper.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I only scan NDA because we have to pull our NDA when we get back to building and thats the only way to have a count in the diad summary. If you only enter the air count in the pickup screen,it wont show up in summary. Im sure we dont get an allowance for scanning pkgs so I dont know what the big deal is.

over9five

Staff member
I used to throw out the duplicate 1Z package. What are they going to do, track it? It will just show "delivered"!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does any of that stuff catch customers using the same label for two different packages? Because I find them on the delivery end about as often as I find them on the pickup end. It happens often enough that it's not a surprise.

Does the DIAD alert you that there are duplicate 1Zs?

Or do you recognize it yourself.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I only scan NDA because we have to pull our NDA when we get back to building and thats the only way to have a count in the diad summary. If you only enter the air count in the pickup screen,it wont show up in summary. Im sure we dont get an allowance for scanning pkgs so I dont know what the big deal is.

That seems like a good use of P/U scan.

Allowance is not the issue ... just not necessary.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
They should since there are two physical scans on the delivery end.
I will check with the PLD guys and get back to you.
Around here, we are instructed to only deliver one of the the pieces. The other(s) with the same tracking # are RTSed. There is only info about 1 pkg being delivered.
Now the last time I had this, it was two boxes with [1 of 2] on both, IIRC paper labels created using something called 'campus ship'. Tracking the 1Z showed it was a 2 piece shipment, and got the missing 1Z. I manually entered the missing tracking #, consignee got both boxes, and (hopefully) the company got the delivery info needed for billing. Please ask the PLD dept if that is enough for billing purposes.
Of course there is still the problem that the weight of those air cans (ULDs) to and from SDF was 15-20 lbs more than the system knew.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Around here, we are instructed to only deliver one of the the pieces. The other(s) with the same tracking # are RTSed. There is only info about 1 pkg being delivered.
Now the last time I had this, it was two boxes with [1 of 2] on both, IIRC paper labels created using something called 'campus ship'. Tracking the 1Z showed it was a 2 piece shipment, and got the missing 1Z. I manually entered the missing tracking #, consignee got both boxes, and (hopefully) the company got the delivery info needed for billing. Please ask the PLD dept if that is enough for billing purposes.
Of course there is still the problem that the weight of those air cans (ULDs) to and from SDF was 15-20 lbs more than the system knew.

If you manually entered the 1Z for the other package in the shipment then UPS Closed Loop Billing will recognize the delivery and will bill the shipper.

Nice job of investigation and execution.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Multiple tracking labels can also come from a shipment that was banded together and the bands came loose. The shipper had placed the same tracking label on all packages so the entire banded shipment would be delivered. If any of the duplicates are RTSed then they will not receive all items of banded shipment. Just a thought.

hembone

I only scan NDA because we have to pull our NDA when we get back to building and thats the only way to have a count in the diad summary. If you only enter the air ngcount in the pickup screen,it wont show up in summary. Im sure we dont get an allowance for scanning pkgs so I dont know what the big deal is.
You do get an allowance for scanning packages, not much but something.

hembone

If you manually entered the 1Z for the other package in the shipment then UPS Closed Loop Billing will recognize the delivery and will bill the shipper.

Nice job of investigation and execution.
That's what I did, but made sure to hit duplicate stop.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How do you sheet those? I will sheet the stop, prerecord, sheet the duplicate label, prerecord, LC, DC, stop complete, LA delivery address.

Jones, I used to also check to see if the same label was being used more than once but now I let the system catch it and back bill the shipper.

I was instructed by the OMS to just enter in the 6 digit shipper number for the second package and put "duplicate" in the remarks column. So that's what I do.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I try to make sure each package is scanned somehow (via an EOD or by myself) so that the ultimate recipient can know their package was picked up and is on its way. For me it was never about UPS or getting the allowances. Recently, why I do this was driven hone when I bought a phone off ebay that I knew was being sent by UPS. The person I bought it from assured me they were sending on a Monday, but no scan was made and so the system told me the label was created but had not been picked up. The next day the original scan showed as happening after 11. For peace of mind, I'd like to know when it is coming.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I try to make sure each package is scanned somehow (via an EOD or by myself) so that the ultimate recipient can know their package was picked up and is on its way. For me it was never about UPS or getting the allowances. Recently, why I do this was driven hone when I bought a phone off ebay that I knew was being sent by UPS. The person I bought it from assured me they were sending on a Monday, but no scan was made and so the system told me the label was created but had not been picked up. The next day the original scan showed as happening after 11. For peace of mind, I'd like to know when it is coming.

Why do you think that a driver scan with a DIAD during pickup is populated in the tracking database?

The scan I am aware of that is first introduced into the tracking dB is the origin scan

I don't think it is but I will check to make sure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you think that a driver scan with a DIAD during pickup is populated in the tracking database?

The scan I am aware of that is first introduced into the tracking dB is the origin scan

I don't think it is but I will check to make sure.

The origin scan is the first that can be tracked.

old levi's

blank space
If your mgmt. team says don't scan, then don't scan. And don't worry about it either.
I gotta believe that those of us with military service have a much clearer understanding of the concept: Work as Directed!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I believe my scan can be tracked for two reasons: UPS' attempts at full transparency of people's packages, and my own experience of seeing "pick up" scans vs "origin" scans, which due tend to happen later in the day when I track packages.

AKX

I have personally tracked packages I have picked up and scanned indivually in the past for various reasons and it shows a "pickup scan".