Now we can't sheet pickups !!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We were told long ago not to scan any packages during pickup, we are to scan any packages that are brought to us as walk ups. Those now go into the special counts and are not unscheduled pick ups.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think basically it just means that for a short period of time the customer cannot see the package progress.

I have always done as dilli and some others have mentioned.. if I am picking up everything on the EOD I will just scan the EOD. Some accounts have stuff run on the EOD plus some other packages on GSDs or ASDs or internet or whatever.. then I scan the EOD plus the non-EOD packages. If the customer presents an EOD where there are more packages on the EOD than I am picking up I just scans the actual packages I am picking up and note the correct number on EOD.

Out here our UPS stores always get an early PU for NDA. Plus they always have a ton of dropoffs that are not on the
EOD. So I always scan the packages as I load them, it's the only way I get an accurate count.
We have one p/u acct that NEVER has an accurate EOD. NEVER. I scan everything from that acct plus the EOD's (which they usually have at least 2 and sometimes 3 or 4 on any given day). They ship every service level. I want credit for everything including pc count.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
How do you sheet those? I will sheet the stop, prerecord, sheet the duplicate label, prerecord, LC, DC, stop complete, LA delivery address.

Jones, I used to also check to see if the same label was being used more than once but now I let the system catch it and back bill the shipper.
I have refused to pick up duplicate shipping labels. And before you jump let me explain why. It is for the customers own protection. If I take both and one gets lost there is no proof that the other pkg ever existed. The customer is out and left with no recourse to follow up on a lost pkg. I've had to explain this to more than one customer and usually they are understanding and appreciative of this. The worst offenders are the ones that download ARS labels. I won't take them.