Now we take off our shoes to go to work

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by vowl, Mar 19, 2015.

1. vowl

vowl up late

This last week my hub decided that everyone with steel toed boots must take them off to go through their metal detector. Although it has some logic, it feels insulting and wastes my time. Maybe if they addressed us and informed us of a problem I would not feel so insulted. If they thought there was some sort of regular thievery going on. All it does for me is get me angry at the beginning of every shift.

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Wear tennis shoes in and carry the boots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. vowl

vowl up late

That is logical. I will start doing that. It's that stupid dark anger that makes me complain.

4. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

They are just looking for the next shoe bomber. You never know, he or she could work at UPS.

:bigsmile2:

5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Once again UPS *ucking with its employees. Whats next, you have to come to work in your pajamas before you get dressed for work lmfao.

6. vowl

vowl up late

pajamas are better than speedos.

7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

YOUR RIGHT LOL

8. vowl

vowl up late

If they give me some ups underwear everything will stay good.

9. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Then refuse to wear steel toe boots, and when you crush your toes, sue them.

Start going in late every few days, and when they ask you about it, tell them you would have been there on time, but you had to take off your shoes, and put them back on and that made you late.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  10. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

......all this while management enters an unsecured side gate.... Hypocrisy hunh?

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Ladies---don't forget to take off your chastity belts.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

An old timer here said they used to make you get dressed in their locker room until it was grieved and drivers were demanding to be paid for that time. Now they say just show up in your uniform.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

I believe it's actually still in the handbook that we are not to wear uniforms out side of work regardless to or from.... Although everyone does it anyways.

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. tapatio75

tapatio75 Member

At my hub they decided a few years ago that we had to remove our shoes on our way out, everybody but the tie and suits. We didnt do it and they forgot about it. Now we have to be authorized to bring a cooler for our lunch

15. rod

rod retired and happy

Up until a few years before I retired we always had to change pants in the locker room. You could wear the shirts (they were yours) home or to a bar but the pants had to stay back in the building. We even had a center manager who loved to watch his troops change until one day I asked him point blank if he was gay and got his rock off watching us. He was a weird one---he finally got transferred after getting caught changing part timers time cards.

16. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Yeah, I remember the times when we had to leave our pants in the lockers every night. We used to also throw them in a big bin when they got dirty, and there was a dry cleaners that came by twice a week to pick up, drop off, and launder our pants. That was great, except then your clean pants would be hanging and other drivers would change into your pants. Luckily for me, there was only a couple of drivers who could fit into my bigazz pants. It made it easy to figure out who swiped them. lol.

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I lost mine....

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

Our walk thru metal detectors are just for show...they haven't been plugged in for the last 5 years or so.

19. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

They went thru spells at my building. I guess LP would send them a memo every couple of weeks or something. Shoes would come off for a couple of days, then they would let it go. The MD would go off, and they would wand you, then they wouldn't even wand you. They never asked the drivers (feeder drivers at least) to take off their shoes to my knowledge. A new guard said something to me once about taking my shoes off, and I told him he was going to have to help me put them back on, he said never mind. lol

20. bleedinbrown58

:)