Now what?

browner89

You are not going to get any help acting like an assh$&@/. I suggest you quit now. I can tell you are not going to ve able to deal with all the ish management will be giving you and the stress of full time driving. Save yourself the hassle and don't even put yourself though it. You won't last.

Dealing with management and telling off a troll on the internet have exactly what in common?

He asked for help and told the trolls to screw off. I see no issue. This forum is full of trolls who just want to read their own comments. He's not acting like an :censored2: to anyone, the :censored2:s are the ones wasting their time replying with nonsensical replies simply to attempt to get laughs at the OPs expense.

Good try at making OP the badguy though.

O

OLDMAN3

I've been there for 9 yrs. I've been driving air for a year and cover driving since peak. H R said i'm top 5 off the bid sheet if I want to go fulltime. I was told to complete an application online. I wouldn't be on here if I didn't need advice so keep your lil smart ass comments to yourself. Thank you.
Your local may run things differently so take all advice with a grain of salt. Around here there is no bid sheet to go full time permanent driving (Package Car). There are position specific (route specific) bids that go up and the single highest seniority signer wins the bid (not top 5) UPSguy72 explained the process well. HR actually messed up my driver training date, and pulled me up to full time a month late. Talk to HR.

Did you perhaps sign a feeder driver/feeder school bid? If so, then you will wait till they start the training for new feeder drivers. They will let you know when to start training. That would make more sense given your top 5 comment since they pull multiple drivers for each Feeder bid sheet. Again, it may work differently in you building.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is I no application there is a bid sheet that goes up and the person with the most seniority that signs the sheet and meets all the qualifications gets the position. Did you sign a bid sheet ??? If yes did you win the bid ???? Just signing the bid doesn't mean you have the job.

If you won the bid then they will tell you and then schedule a date to go to driving school. It could be a week or a couple of months before that happens. In the meantime why don't you ask your hr person whats your status....
Some of your posts are good, but this wasn't one of them.

When you move from PT to FT, you must complete a job application as though you are being re-hired. You're directed to UPS'ers.com and you are applying for a job. It's been this way for over a decade. Pretty basic stuff.

UPSGUY72

Some of your posts are good, but this wasn't one of them.

When you move from PT to FT, you must complete a job application as though you are being re-hired. You're directed to UPS'ers.com and you are applying for a job. It's been this way for over a decade. Pretty basic stuff.

Not true.

I never did it when I moved from PT to FT and that was within the last decade. Not pretty basic stuff your not getting rehired your changing jobs within the same company it only a payroll issue nothing more.

If what you say was true every time anyone bid a different job they would have to do this.

What you say might true for seasonal / casual hire going permanent .

barnyard

KTM rider
I had to fill out an app when I went to FT. Had to include my last 10 years of employment history. Pretty sure it was a new law/administrative rule after 911.

In my building, we also only sign bids for individual jobs, no 'intent lists' in my building.

UPSGUY72

I had to fill out an app when I went to FT. Had to include my last 10 years of employment history. Pretty sure it was a new law/administrative rule after 911.

In my building, we also only sign bids for individual jobs, no 'intent lists' in my building.

So when you got hired as a PT you didn't have to to fill out that information ???

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

At UPS they specialize at making the simple complex.

clean hairy

My understanding is that pt to ft is a change of employment status?
Having already completed all application process on initial hire it is just a change of classification.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I doubt it. We have alot of ft and feeder drivers retiring now. 30 feeder to be exact.
30 feeder slots? We have 2 feeders here and the only way someone is getting one of those slots is if you hire a hitman or the world imploded and you were the only one left.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not true.

I never did it when I moved from PT to FT and that was within the last decade. Not pretty basic stuff your not getting rehired your changing jobs within the same company it only a payroll issue nothing more.

If what you say was true every time anyone bid a different job they would have to do this.

What you say might true for seasonal / casual hire going permanent .
It may be true for casual/seasonals, but it IS definitely true for PT to FT permanent. The change may have been in 2005 or 2006, but when I went FT in 2006 I definitely had to be re-hired (applied online) and my PT vacation/sick days were paid out shortly afterwards. Everyone who I have talked to had the same experience. I remember having a talk with HR about how it was awkward doing so.

Why you didn't have this, I can't explain. Maybe you went FT just before these changes, or maybe someone else handled it for you and you weren't aware. Or perhaps your local/centers , due to size or other reasons, handle this differently?

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
It may be true for casual/seasonals, but it IS definitely true for PT to FT permanent. The change may have been in 2005 or 2006, but when I went FT in 2006 I definitely had to be re-hired (applied online) and my PT vacation/sick days were paid out shortly afterwards. Everyone who I have talked to had the same experience. I remember having a talk with HR about how it was awkward doing so.

Why you didn't have this, I can't explain. Maybe you went FT just before these changes, or maybe someone else handled it for you and you weren't aware. Or perhaps your local/centers , due to size or other reasons, handle this differently?
Same here. After going full time, I had to reapply.
Was just looking at my emails with my HR person.

nicky

I work in a center where there is a PT to FT bid sheet, so it seems to be a similar scenario. I had to redo my application as well. But the best advice you are going to get be proactive stay on top of HR until HR gives you someone else to bug(usually your center manager). Pay attention, make sure junior guys are not jumping you. When you get on the road safely do what you have to do to make seniority... Then find a pace you can work for the next 30 years and work on methods, work on methods, and work on methods. Do exactly what you are told and never make any inferences into what you are told, do it to the letter. What they say and what they want are rarely the same and often it leads to a fatter paycheck for you. Never take ANYTHING management says personal and find a senior driver who plays the game well and become a sponge.

brownman87

I work in a center where there is a PT to FT bid sheet, so it seems to be a similar scenario. I had to redo my application as well. But the best advice you are going to get be proactive stay on top of HR until HR gives you someone else to bug(usually your center manager). Pay attention, make sure junior guys are not jumping you. When you get on the road safely do what you have to do to make seniority... Then find a pace you can work for the next 30 years and work on methods, work on methods, and work on methods. Do exactly what you are told and never make any inferences into what you are told, do it to the letter. What they say and what they want are rarely the same and often it leads to a fatter paycheck for you. Never take ANYTHING management says personal and find a senior driver who plays the game well and become a sponge.
Great advice !!

rhash

Thank you Nicki I needed that