Now....who has not done this?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
if there is a gate, I cant go in and I must toss it to where someone cannot steal it from the outside.
I usually take a dr bag and tie said package to the gate or call box. I deliver in a generally rural area with pockets of money houses here and there. I like this tactic as the dog can't /won't jump high enough to grab the items

over9five

Staff member
I have been known to toss a thing or two. :happy-very:

I toss one back.......
toss one over........
toss one on............
toss one up..........
toss one in...........

Sounds like you'd be good at a toss in the hay.....????

<Just [-]inviting[/-], err sayin'>

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Basic Service. Gated courtyard apartment/condo building (18-30 units with 3-5 entrances). No answer on intercom. Left voice message on intercom and tossed into courtyard. And the other package going to that unit (ground service) became a send again that day.
That's the service sold by the carrier, bought by the shipper; and unfortunately, received by the consignee.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I used to do gates. Then there was this lady that proceeded to chew my butt for letting her dog out of the yard. Because of her actions, others must pay the piper. Gates are there to keep something out or something in. I am out so I don't go in. This rule counts for fenced yards and for fenced properties. Even if the house is a mile from the gate they get it at the gate.....bagged and tagged.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I used to do gates. Then there was this lady that proceeded to chew my butt for letting her dog out of the yard. Because of her actions, others must pay the piper. Gates are there to keep something out or something in. I am out so I don't go in. This rule counts for fenced yards and for fenced properties. Even if the house is a mile from the gate they get it at the gate.....bagged and tagged.
​Yep!

TUT

Are you condoning this?

In the sense that shippers (at least commercial shippers) should know that the carriers rate packaging on how far a package should be able to fall/thrown without being damaged. It should handle X amount, it's pretty liberal to. I cannot recall the exact specifics that the labs give at this time, someone here may.

Since I am aware of the industry, I always tell home-shippers pack whatever you ship extra extra good and then a little more. The carriers have a rule for this, your packaging hasn't been approved and just because you insure something doesn't mean you'll get the money back. In fact assume insurance is only for your package being lost by the carrier. Home shippers are very naive to the nuances.

You have to prepare because what you see in these videos can happen, so you need to assume with your luck it will.

bigbrownhen

I guess I just put too much thought into it. I figure I'll treat the package like it was mine. If I can tell its something that wont break, and I can't get to the door, I'll toss it. Otherwise, I do my best to place it in a safe area with care. For all I know, it's a family heirloom or gift for little Johnny from Grandma. I have no idea, but I wouldn't want to ruin someones day just cause I couldn't take a little longer to do it right.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I will open a gate if its an electrical security type with a code that the customer has supplied us.

If I'm out in the country and its a metal livestock gate, I wont. One of the scariest incidents of my career occured when I was a newbie and I opened a livestock gate and let a horse escape out onto a road about 1/4 of a mile from a major highway. Fortunately, a neighbor was able to help me corral the horse and put it into his own barn until the customer got home to retrieve it. A car hitting a horse at 60MPH is not something I ever want to be responsible for, so if I know the customer has livestock of any kind that gate stays shut and the package gets left there in a bag.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I especially liked the part at the end where the lady comes over to get the package and gives him grief!! She yelled at him for a at least 15 seconds! He just drives away! I hope he told her there was no time in production for conversation!!

Peace.

Hroller

Let's be honest, I'm dealing with delivering 400+ packages a day. I slide 'em, set 'em down with a thump or sometimes just toss it if it's a plastic bag from VS. Ocassionally someone will see me do it and make the comment "I hope that wasn't breakable" My comment in return: "if that's the worst thing that has happened to that package in the last 48 hours, you're in good shape."

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let's be honest, I'm dealing with delivering 400+ packages a day. I slide 'em, set 'em down with a thump or sometimes just toss it if it's a plastic bag from VS. Ocassionally someone will see me do it and make the comment "I hope that wasn't breakable" My comment in return: "if that's the worst thing that has happened to that package in the last 48 hours, you're in good shape."[/QU....OTE]

Yah.....people just don't realize what kind of trauma a package sustains when traveling from point A to point B. They just assume that if they see the driver give it a little toss that is where the damage would have occurred.