NPR fires Juan Williams

wkmac

I really don't think most people around here have listened to NPR. Of course if you buy the "Fair and Balanced" crap Fox throws out there, it wouldn't matter anyway.

I'd never argue with that point! :happy-very:

From the standpoint of taking money by force from some and giving it to others so they can benefit, NPR not unlike so many vast others should be cut off from benefitting from Statist robbers and their fruits but as Jones rightly said, in the big scheme of things, what NPR gets is chicken feed. Where I find so many who scream about NPR as being hypocrites is they rail about the size of gov't, fiscal responsibility, adhering to the constitution, etc. and yet when these ideals become inconvenient for them, they cast these principles aside only to bring them out when it's then convenient again to use them as a verbal weapon. By then, out of their mouths, they are hollow shells and lack all power based on conviction.

I have no like or dislike of/for Juan Williams but I do think most all of this is not about Juan's comments but the fact that Juan works for Fox News eg Rupert Murdoch and Juan presented himself as a pawn in the game to be moved about on the chessboard of statism that is American politics. Fox News is really no different from CNN, MSNBC or another other media mouthpiece but the simple fact is that 6 corporations own 50 of the largest media outlets in this country and that IMO is that all this nonsense is pure illusion to make the masses think they have a diverse opinion in the area of thought. Truth is, these 6 all deliver the same message of Statist gospel not unlike the variety of christian denominations out there every Sunday who deliver the same basic message who only differ in dogma and doctrinal method but in the end they all have the same boss and instead of Jesus in the case of the churches, the State and it's power is the ultimate boss with the main street media.

Like those who choose to walk their own path are cut off from god according to those whose follow such belief which manifests itself only in the physical world shunning by the true followers, so to does the same happen to those in the media who begin to walk in their own walk eg thinking for themselves and then the State cuts them off from access which means they no longer are a high priest with direct access to god so they are no longer a true intermediary and bring us god's (the State) message.

bbsam

Staff member
If Juan wants to give his personal views and commentary, Fox is the place for him until the give him the Alan Colmes treatment.

clueless

Im sure that one of the truly unbiased networks (you know CNN or MSNBC) would welcome him with open arms
I sincerely hope (and must assume) that was a joke! MSNBC--the home of the 'Ed Show', Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow--unbiased?! Ha Ha. Now that is funny! If you're serious, then you must have never watched MSNBC.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
If Juan wants to give his personal views and commentary, Fox is the place for him until the give him the Alan Colmes treatment.

Juan has been on Fox since i can remember giving his Liberal views and has been treated fairly. Explain what you mean by the "Alan Colmes treatment"...???

Lue C Fur

Evil member
About 1:38 into this tape Megan Kelley interviews Ibrahim Hooper.....with C.A.I.R. He dodges questions just like all the other muslim men I've seen interviewed......like the mosque guy too. After awhile you can tell he's annoyed to be talking to a "woman" definitely beneath him.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4381645/everybodys-accountable-for-their-words

I like how he deflects the questions and then says he feels he was fired because he was not conforming to NPRs liberal views...AKA he was not far left enough for NPR...LOL

bbsam

Staff member
Juan has been on Fox since i can remember giving his Liberal views and has been treated fairly. Explain what you mean by the "Alan Colmes treatment"...???

Alan Colmes was on Hannity an Colmes for the sole purpose of having a weak liberal for Hannity to push around and shout over. Juan will tire of that as soon as this story dies down and Rupert's boys stop massaging his victim-complex.

tourists24

Alan Colmes was on Hannity an Colmes for the sole purpose of having a weak liberal for Hannity to push around and shout over. Juan will tire of that as soon as this story dies down and Rupert's boys stop massaging his victim-complex.
Colmes is a weak liberal? I never viewed him as that. He made liberal points very well. I DID see him as a nice guy liberal though. That made him a target for the more aggressive Hannity

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Colmes is a weak liberal? I never viewed him as that. He made liberal points very well. I DID see him as a nice guy liberal though. That made him a target for the more aggressive Hannity

Interesting tidbit: Alan is married to Monica Crowlys sister...Monica is one of the FOX news anchors.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll buy that. But the net effect ended up the same. Conservative: good and strong. Liberal: pale and weak. You never would have seen a "Hannity and Matthews" or a "Hannity and Rattigan" or "Hannity and Ed" show.

clueless

He is being sarcastic....LOL:funny:

Thank God!. That's what I was hoping, but just in case....you know...he was actually serious... I thought I should mention the highly partisan nature of most of the MSNBC programming. BTW--Whenever I hear the expression 'Faux News' (a term I've heard mentioned by the hosts of some of those MSNBC shows) I think 'yeah, this coming from MiSinformedNetworkBullCr@p...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think Juan and that Nina lady, always have good points, and find agreement with them on some things. And are strong enough in their viewpoints to present them. Amicably usually.
I dont think someone should be fired for his opinion. I mirror his feelings on the comment he made. I am the same way. Doesnt mean I think all muslims are bad, I dont, but it does cause me to feel a little uncomfortable, sorry they did it I didnt.

It wont do any good to contact anyone in Washington, until after the election. They are all paralyzed right now, both sides. Neither will do a thing til then.

bbsam

Staff member
I think Juan and that Nina lady, always have good points, and find agreement with them on some things. And are strong enough in their viewpoints to present them. Amicably usually.
I dont think someone should be fired for his opinion. I mirror his feelings on the comment he made. I am the same way. Doesnt mean I think all muslims are bad, I dont, but it does cause me to feel a little uncomfortable, sorry they did it I didnt.

It wont do any good to contact anyone in Washington, until after the election. They are all paralyzed right now, both sides. Neither will do a thing til then.

I understand where you and others are coming from on this, but this kind of opining simply doesn't fit the NPR format. Google the Bill O'reilly fiasco on NPR's "Fresh Air" and I think you'll see what I mean. Obviously a prelude to his goofiness on "The View".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think it was goofy for him to even be on the view, and then days later Juan gets fired, Kind of a correlation there?