NSA has nothing on Big Brown

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One of our 30 year drivers was accused of ripping a basketball hoop off a garage and leaving the scene unreported. He denied it and the next day they called him back in the office and showed him a series of aerial satellite photos of his truck backing past the basketball hoop without touching it. It was great he was vindicated but holy cow...how in the hell could they pull up aerial satellite photos of any location at any time in the past? That's scary stuff.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Indecisi0n

One time? Don't fib, Inde...

14773b2971c73b-43.-Pinocchio.jpg

One of our 30 year drivers was accused of ripping a basketball hoop off a garage and leaving the scene unreported. He denied it and the next day they called him back in the office and showed him a series of aerial satellite photos of his truck backing past the basketball hoop without touching it. It was great he was vindicated but holy cow...how in the hell could they pull up aerial satellite photos of any location at any time in the past? That's scary stuff.

I'd like to see the proof because the odds of a satellite happening to be overhead, happening to be shooting, happening to be a satellite capable of that resolution, etc are pretty slim. What did they do, call the CIA and say that PC had a nuke in it?

Marne Vet

Google Maps are updated bi-weekly, and they don't take a series of shots. Second, the chances they took a picture of that particular area at the same time on the same date as when the driver was actually there is less of a chance than winning the lottery, and UPS doesn't have access to CIA satellites, so to conclude, this story is full of dung. Didn't happen.

laffter

A still photo does not show movement. What this story implies is that UPS has a fleet of satellites all around the country/world taking photos of every street, everywhere, all the time. Right, and I can do pushups with my penis.

Are you drunk??

Indecisi0n

I'd like to see the proof because the odds of a satellite happening to be overhead, happening to be shooting, happening to be a satellite capable of that resolution, etc are pretty slim. What did they do, call the CIA and say that PC had a nuke in it?

Maybe UPS blackmailed the CIA into allowing them to use all their surveillance. Think about it? Ups saying "listen let us use it or you guys won't ever receive another package".

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Are you drunk??
No, I'm sober and quite serious. I didn't believe it at first but I was talking to the driver on lunch today and he said he saw the photos with his own eyes. He's a 30 year driver and a steward and I trust him completely.

I even clarified with him that he wasn't just talking about an overhead google maps shot with like an overlay of a telematics path showing the path the truck took. He confirmed he was shown a series of photos in order taken every couple of seconds as he was backing up and it showed his actual truck.

If this was coming from any other driver I wouldn't believe it.