NSA has nothing on Big Brown

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Jan 9, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

One of our 30 year drivers was accused of ripping a basketball hoop off a garage and leaving the scene unreported. He denied it and the next day they called him back in the office and showed him a series of aerial satellite photos of his truck backing past the basketball hoop without touching it. It was great he was vindicated but holy cow...how in the hell could they pull up aerial satellite photos of any location at any time in the past? That's scary stuff.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

2. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Money can buy pretty much anything and they have plenty of it.

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Not possible.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. cino321

cino321 Active Member

That's like that time one time the drone flew down and took work off me.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Or that one time at band camp...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Ups always guilty till proven innocent

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

One time? Don't fib, Inde...

8. Indecisi0n

[​IMG]

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If your nose was the only part of you getter bigger at band camp, I think you were doing it wrong. Just sayin...lol.

10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I'd like to see the proof because the odds of a satellite happening to be overhead, happening to be shooting, happening to be a satellite capable of that resolution, etc are pretty slim. What did they do, call the CIA and say that PC had a nuke in it?

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

:bsbullf: no way it really happened

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

Google Maps are updated bi-weekly, and they don't take a series of shots. Second, the chances they took a picture of that particular area at the same time on the same date as when the driver was actually there is less of a chance than winning the lottery, and UPS doesn't have access to CIA satellites, so to conclude, this story is full of dung. Didn't happen.

13. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

UPS is a top member in the Pentaverate. Wouldn't surprise me if they had the ability to pull this off

14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Most satellite images are several years old and are taken on weekends....

15. laffter

laffter Active Member

A still photo does not show movement. What this story implies is that UPS has a fleet of satellites all around the country/world taking photos of every street, everywhere, all the time. Right, and I can do pushups with my penis.

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Are you drunk??

17. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I'm on my way

18. Indecisi0n

Maybe UPS blackmailed the CIA into allowing them to use all their surveillance. Think about it? Ups saying "listen let us use it or you guys won't ever receive another package".

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  19. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Yeah, if it was Marne Vet saying it.

20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

No, I'm sober and quite serious. I didn't believe it at first but I was talking to the driver on lunch today and he said he saw the photos with his own eyes. He's a 30 year driver and a steward and I trust him completely.

I even clarified with him that he wasn't just talking about an overhead google maps shot with like an overlay of a telematics path showing the path the truck took. He confirmed he was shown a series of photos in order taken every couple of seconds as he was backing up and it showed his actual truck.

If this was coming from any other driver I wouldn't believe it.