NSA has nothing on Big Brown

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No, I'm sober and quite serious. I didn't believe it at first but I was talking to the driver on lunch today and he said he saw the photos with his own eyes. He's a 30 year driver and a steward and I trust him completely.

I even clarified with him that he wasn't just talking about an overhead google maps shot with like an overlay of a telematics path showing the path the truck took. He confirmed he was shown a series of photos in order taken every couple of seconds as he was backing up and it showed his actual truck.

If this was coming from any other driver I wouldn't believe it.

C'mon, Techie. You have to know better than that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know. The only way it possibly could work is if the company has a few dedicated satellites with a crazy macro lens with which they could digitally zoom in after the fact. It just doesn't seem feasible.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know. The only way it possibly could work is if the company has a few dedicated satellites with a crazy macro lens with which they could digitally zoom in after the fact. It just doesn't seem feasible.

A bunch of dedicated satellites looking at all of us (you guys, in my case) all day long.

Nah.

No, I'm sober and quite serious. I didn't believe it at first but I was talking to the driver on lunch today and he said he saw the photos with his own eyes. He's a 30 year driver and a steward and I trust him completely.

I even clarified with him that he wasn't just talking about an overhead google maps shot with like an overlay of a telematics path showing the path the truck took. He confirmed he was shown a series of photos in order taken every couple of seconds as he was backing up and it showed his actual truck.

If this was coming from any other driver I wouldn't believe it.
Were you two talking about this while you were smoking a blunt?

kingOFchester

My center has an accident every minute it seems. Exaggeration? Yes, but we have a ton. If this was available we would of heard about it long ago. If, IF they had this, which they don't, they would not want the word to get out because of a non hit of a basketball hoop.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
No way no how its a true story. That kind of satellite tech doesn't even exist for the private sector, at your disposal, service. Google doesn't own the satellite it rents time on one. The drive might have been shown a picture of a similar house with a PK car in the driveway just to start the rumor mill and grapevine intimidation behavior going. But as you can see from the best available aerial shots from Bing Maps the closes you get is around 1000 feet above target. Try and find any aerial picture closer than that. Do you think UPS owns a satellite that can take high resolution 10 feet off the ground pic's? You'd think you would have heard about that launch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if the homeowner had his own security camera footage then why was he trying to blame the driver for hitting the hoop?

Initially he tried to put two and two together but perhaps he reviewed the footage and decided to do the right thing?

I'm just trying to figure out how the company had aerial photos when this technology would be prohibitively expensive.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Law enforcement would have their hands on this tech before UPS for accident reenactment, robberies, etc.

No way UPS has the tech or balls to use this to fire a guy for hitting a basketball hoop.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Any video like this could only come from a home security camera, no way it could have come from a satellite.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Law enforcement would have their hands on this tech before UPS for accident reenactment, robberies, etc.

No way UPS has the tech or balls to use this to fire a guy for hitting a basketball hoop.

Which is why you do not go in driveways ,that isn't necessary be in. Enjoy a walk. Be surprised ----you may walk faster. Than it takes you to turn around in a tight spot. Don't put yourself in it. For cardboard

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Any Steward worth their salt has a copy of all documents presented at any accident investigation meeting, including any pictures.

I remember a center manager swearing up and down that Diad 2 had GPS enabled back in 1998...

You're into Gov/Mil spec satellites for what was described. UPS can only wish they had that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's much more conceivable that a camera from a home security system caught that.

I guess you're all right. He's an older guy but I would think he'd know the difference between aerial and home security footage but I guess not. I wish I could see the photos.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app