NSF check.

Siveriano

So rumors has it that im going into the office tomorrow with LP about a check i collected 2 months ago which was a cert check and i made the mistake to take a regular check.(it just escaped my mind)

I have not problem paying the amount as i know it was my mistake. Yet for what i heard from others drivers today is that this particular consignee had similar situations with at least another 4 drivers over the past 2 years, as of know the driving doing the route had been instructed by LP to sheet all this person packages as future for 10/30/16.

My question is. If i get ask to pay the money and agree to do so, can i seek legal counseling and try to get the person to court?

rorojo

After two months,They are sol .They have 10 days from the date of decrepancy to collect. They should have a print out that shows dates. I had the company try to make me pay a short check. But the time to collect had expired.

By The Book

So rumors has it that im going into the office tomorrow with LP about a check i collected 2 months ago which was a cert check and i made the mistake to take a regular check.(it just escaped my mind)

I have not problem paying the amount as i know it was my mistake. Yet for what i heard from others drivers today is that this particular consignee had similar situations with at least another 4 drivers over the past 2 years, as of know the driving doing the route had been instructed by LP to sheet all this person packages as future for 10/30/16.

My question is. If i get ask to pay the money and agree to do so, can i seek legal counseling and try to get the person to court?
This is a good time to have your BA in the office with you. What punishment did those other drivers get?, with issues arising from this consignee? If you have to pay it back the slate is clean, no discipline on top of that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really? They can go after you 2 months later?

Sure can.

He will be asked to sign an agreement to have a designated amount taken out of his check each week until the full balance of the bad check has been satisfied. They generally ask for at least $25 per pay period.

There is generally no discipline involved other than a copy of this incident being placed in his file.

I have a hard time believing that they are going to future all this consignee's packages until 10/30.

Siveriano

I
Sure can.

He will be asked to sign an agreement to have a designated amount taken out of his check each week until the full balance of the bad check has been satisfied. They generally ask for at least $25 per pay period.

There is generally no discipline involved other than a copy of this incident being placed in his file.

I have a hard time believing that they are going to future all this consignee's packages until 10/30.
Yeah the driver yesterday did 3 packages future.

Well seems like for the other drivers LP were able to make the guy pay but in my case was different, as i was a cover driver for that route i didnt had the change to talk to the consignee to try to solve the issue.

Like i said im all good paying the $1300ish, just that its kinda mess up that UPS womt have my back knowing that this consignee had the same issue before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I

Well seems like for the other drivers LP were able to make the guy pay but in my case was different, as i was a cover driver for that route i didnt had the change to talk to the consignee to try to solve the issue.

Like i said im all good paying the $1300ish, just that its kinda mess up that UPS womt have my back knowing that this consignee had the same issue before.

Did the DIAD prompt you to accept only certified funds?

Siveriano

Did the DIAD prompt you to accept only certified funds?

To be honest i dont recall and this is the reason why im willing to pay. Yet i do know this consignee have his packages attempted some times up to 5 or 6 times, i dont know how he does but i know it happens. Again cant recall as he gets some cert check some regular and some with no collection.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be honest i dont recall and this is the reason why im willing to pay. Yet i do know this consignee have his packages attempted some times up to 5 or 6 times, i dont know how he does but i know it happens. Again cant recall as he gets some cert check some regular and some with no collection.

5-6 attempts?

You are losing credibility with every post that you make.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I

image.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Take the customer to small claims court. It is illegal to bounce a check.

upschuck

5-6 attempts?

You are losing credibility with every post that you make.
We have a couple places that will try three times and place in future for another 3 times sometime down the road. Mostly small clothing shops, that don't "know" when their orders are coming in.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I'd pay said customer a visit bring Tony and Sal along they might be able to get him to make this right