NSF check.

subtropic

I'm a 26 year employee. It happened exactly like that about 15 years ago though I didn't think it would work. I accepted company checks for years from him and believed it when he told me a cashiers check/money order only cod was a shipper mistake. When his company check bounced, UPS came after me. There aren't many huge wins delivering packages but this was one of them. Now I trust NO customer in any situation where I could be liable. Lesson learned I consider myself lucky.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm a 26 year employee. It happened exactly like that about 15 years ago though I didn't think it would work. I accepted company checks for years from him and believed it when he told me a cashiers check/money order only cod was a shipper mistake. When his company check bounced, UPS came after me. There aren't many huge wins delivering packages but this was one of them. Now I trust NO customer in any situation where I could be liable. Lesson learned I consider myself lucky.

All of this could have been avoided had you simply followed the rules.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work as directed unless it is unsafe or unethical to do so.

I had no skin in the game and the receiver was anxiously waiting for me to show up with their package. He couldn't have cared less that I was 3 minutes "late" as they had a machine down and desperately needed the part. I saved the company close to $100. Win/win for all involved.

My butt would have been covered as I was simply doing what I was told.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Kind of early to be stalking, isn't it?

It's called "working as directed".

TTKU
kind of early to be preaching your usual garbage , isn't it?

Work as directed. So when you forge signatures to leave commercial stops or sort your truck off the clock, your management team is instructing you to do that??

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I had no skin in the game and the receiver was anxiously waiting for me to show up with their package. He couldn't have cared less that I was 3 minutes "late" as they had a machine down and desperately needed the part. I saved the company close to $100. Win/win for all involved.

My butt would have been covered as I was simply doing what I was told.

Actually your "butt" would not have been covered if someone higher up than your management team was pushing the issue. They would of fired you and walked you out to cover their "butt" and you would of rightfully sat out for a long time.

I can pretty much guarantee 90% of the crap you brag about pulling, would of had you fired years ago without getting your job back if you were in a bigger center.

TTKU. You can't lecture others on methods and following the rules when you disregard them yourself at your convenience.

Explain that one.

Siveriano

So update.
As of today still no word from any UPS officials. Yet this morning the driver doing the route send me a pic of the paper.
Capture+_2016-09-26-09-01-19.png

Sorry about the bad edit(got fat fingers).

Last edited:

Siveriano

Last update. Im glad to say that today the driver doing the route got 2 money orders from the client. It took just 3 days with no deliveries.

Again thnx to all for the input.