NSN , Need apt number ... all missed now ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does that include anything of value? We are no longer allowed to make on road address corrections with anything of value, like electronics. They have to be brought back to the center. Not joking, this was a PCM not to long ago.

I don't second guess anymore. I bring anything back that needs an address correction.

If it's a high value $5K or more I will most definitely bring it back to the center for an ADC--other than that, if I can correct them and get rid of them I will.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
UPS is trying to taking care of the customer and you consider this to be stealing time from a clerk?! I do on-road address corrections all the time--that's what my cell phone and area knowledge are for.

Suppose it were your package--would you rather your driver go the extra step to make sure you get it the same day or would you be content to get it the next just to make sure a clerk gets his/her hours?

Only reason I mention this is because the OP was told to sheet NSN as missed, That way there is less Pkgs being brougth in to the clerk. The only reason UPS does this is to cut cost, . In my center the center manager was told that the clerk can only work 3 hrs a night, most add correct are done in the day and they leave the labels for him to put on the pkgs at night. It is Definitely not my boss trying to taking care of the customer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Only reason I mention this is because the OP was told to sheet NSN as missed, That way there is less Pkgs being brougth in to the clerk. The only reason UPS does this is to cut cost, . In my center the center manager was told that the clerk can only work 3 hrs a night, most add correct are done in the day and they leave the labels for him to put on the pkgs at night. It is Definitely not my boss trying to taking care of the customer.

Doesn't make sense. Any pkg I bring back whether NSN or Misssed goes to the clerk

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
More then likely mgmnt is trying to fudge how it's sheeted. Copy the tracking number next time to see if it says "missed at delivery".

I tracked a misload that I left in a LTR box once and the pkg was sheeted Ni1 at 1900 and The pkgs was loaded on my car next day. Its funny how managers are allowed to be dishonest .

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I tracked a misload that I left in a LTR box once and the pkg was sheeted Ni1 at 1900 and The pkgs was loaded on my car next day. Its funny how managers are allowed to be dishonest .[

Like telling a clerk to sheet packages brought back with bad PAL labels as Future instead of Missed. Maybe if we were all honest our problems would get fixed.

Packmule

Don't hate your job. Just wait a couple of years and the current batch of management morons will be gone and the new flavor of the week will be doing things right for a while.