Nsn = send again

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm seriously getting annoyed with clerks sending out so such numbers as send agains. After seeing the same rancid box of strawberries for a week I finally went up to one of the clerks and was like wtf. He scanned the box and showed me the message on the screen. The popup said not to return the package to sender and don't send a postcard so the clerk said they just send them out again. I pointed to the bottom of the message and showed the clerk where it instructed him to destroy the package and notify the shipper. Apparently the shippers of the perishable stuff like food and flowers don't want to deal with disposing of it so put it on us and the clerks don't want to deal with it. I've had like 4 of these in the last 2 weeks so finally I asked my on car what he wanted to do with these and he said if they send it again after I verify the address is bad i'm to sheet it refused didn't want which will force the clerk to mark it to be destroyed.
There has to be an easier way...

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

blackcircle

I've had stuff before that the clerk sent back out again without fixing it for over a week even after explaining the problem. It just goes in their stack and here they think their job is getting rid of all their boxes as quickly as possible so they can go into the office to hang out in AC/heat. My favorite is when they supposedly call the customer to verify the address and when you dial it you get the 'this phone has been disconnected blah blah blah' message or the number on the box is something like (111) 111-1111. Yeah, you called it.

The biggest problem for me is PAL labels that do not match the address, i.e. 1234 s 5th east ave being PAL'd as 1234 w 5th st. Dispatch problem but fixed by a clerk.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the clerk doesn't do their job and just send it back out for delivery without checking it, then you show up on one of the reports as an error as if you never pulled it off your car.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If the clerk doesn't do their job and just send it back out for delivery without checking it, then you show up on one of the reports as an error as if you never pulled it off your car.
They're putting new labels on acting as if they verified it...

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

worldwide

I pointed to the bottom of the message and showed the clerk where it instructed him to destroy the package and notify the shipper. Apparently the shippers of the perishable stuff like food and flowers don't want to deal with disposing of it so put it on us and the clerks don't want to deal with it. .
There has to be an easier way...

There is an easier way. If the clerk would simply follow the instructions indicated and throw the item away, the issue would be resolved. The shipper has signed an agreement with UPS not to file any claims and agree to have the item disposed of. It's not worth it for them to pay to have the item returned so they want it disposed of.

The real question is why isn't the clerk following directions and simply throwing the item away? The clerk is causing additonal work and expense for everyone involved.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PM clerks are very good at resolving delivery issues but there are some drivers who will bring in chasers as NSN's. When I do my PM turn-in, I go through any lookups to try to help the clerk, who I also just happen to like, get the address corrected, if need be, or to put it back OFD if the driver was just being lazy.

If I were to have the same package that I put in lookup for NSN put OFD with no changes made I would write something smart-ass on the box like "the city did not change their numbering system overnight" to let her know that I was not happy. Thankfully this rarely if ever happens.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Our PM clerks are very good at resolving delivery issues but there are some drivers who will bring in chasers as NSN's. When I do my PM turn-in, I go through any lookups to try to help the clerk, who I also just happen to like, get the address corrected, if need be, or to put it back OFD if the driver was just being lazy.

If I were to have the same package that I put in lookup for NSN put OFD with no changes made I would write something smart-ass on the box like "the city did not change their numbering system overnight" to let her know that I was not happy. Thankfully this rarely if ever happens.
Is she "Hot"

barnyard

KTM rider
A lot of drivers mark misloads as NSN.

There is a guy in my center that does this. Hate it. Absolutely hate it. He will also sheet as 'Need Apt #". That is almost worse. Have to listen to someone rant on, "Does this look like an apartment to you??"

Ugh.

I know why he does it too. He HATES running misloads and our center is on a jag to deliver all misloads.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I had flowers once. Had the correct address on it. I just didn't recognize the name. So I knocked. Well when the woman the door in her robe. I said these have got to be for you. She looked at the name and said she never heard of this person. I said to just take them. They will just be thrown out. Because I was at the correct house. Another happy customer