Nurses forum group degrades UPS drivers and our salary

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
Imagine the outrage if they found out how much we really make! So much mis-infomation in that thread. Even some wacky stuff from supposed drivers.

I know the thread started in 2010 but it was still mostly way off. Some FedEx driver even suggested the average UPS driver makes $14-$15/hr, LOL.

A lot of the thread had us around $70K. We make $72K with NO overtime. Average is now around $90K with average overtime.
ching ching

blkmamba

There are exceptions to every rule.

The average police officer salary is around $50,000

The average firefighter salary is around $50,000

The average teacher salary is around $50,000 and who pays for the education?

The average nurse salary is around $70,000 and who pays for the education?

The average UPS driver salary is around $75,000. The highest average salary with no advanced education or training needed.

I believe the UPS driver earns evey penny. Delivering in sub-zero temperatures or 100 degrees with 90% humidity wearing down the body everyday.

It just shows that the career that "helps" people doesn't necessarilry dictate a better paying job.
That's why everyone going into these professions should do a little research before settling. I know teachers who work in other states that complain that their top rate is lower then where I started. Yet, they're unwilling to make a change because they would have take a few classes and relocate, so I don't feel that bad for them.

blkmamba

There are exceptions to every rule.

The average police officer salary is around $50,000

The average firefighter salary is around $50,000

The average teacher salary is around $50,000 and who pays for the education?

The average nurse salary is around $70,000 and who pays for the education?

The average UPS driver salary is around $75,000. The highest average salary with no advanced education or training needed.

I believe the UPS driver earns evey penny. Delivering in sub-zero temperatures or 100 degrees with 90% humidity wearing down the body everyday.

It just shows that the career that "helps" people doesn't necessarilry dictate a better paying job.
On another note, if your choosing one of these careers based off how much money you can make, you're probably in it for the wrong reasons anyway.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
On another note, if your choosing one of these careers based off how much money you can make, you're probably in it for the wrong reasons anyway.

I agree. But does it not seem backwards in a way?

The police officer that serves the public, protects the public, saves lives, puts his/her life on the line everyday.

The firefighter that does the same.

The teacher that educates our children.

The nurse that takes care of the sick and helps save lives....

They all make less, on average, than the person that delivers pencils to an office or dog food to a house.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I may be in the minority but, if you are a teacher and all the kids in your class have pants hanging on hip, exposing undies and cheek, then you shouldn't make too much money for just babysitting because you're teaching the kids NOTHING!.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

The police officer that serves the public, protects the public, saves lives, puts his/her life on the line everyday.

They all make less, on average, than the person that delivers pencils to an office or dog food to a house.
Or medicine to the hospital, and food to the handicapped who can't leave there house, c'mon man give us some credit..the world would function a little less easier without UPS

blkmamba

I may be in the minority but, if you are a teacher and all the kids in your class have pants hanging on hip, exposing undies and cheek, then you shouldn't make too much money for just babysitting because you're teaching the kids NOTHING!.
That is much more of a reflection of the parent than the teacher. It's hard to teach respect when it's not reinforced at home.

blkmamba

Yes but you are also part of a for for profit business, the others like myself are government employees. I think that speaks for itself. I was in the process of becoming a full time sup when I left. I chose a career that started with less pay but I am a lot happier.

I also think those professions are a calling.

kingOFchester

I would be curious to know how much the average driver at UPS made over the life of their career. Many years of working part time before even getting into progression.

Besides, supply and demand. Pay me much less then what i make to deal with UPS crap, and I would never of stayed or came to UPS.

Holydriver

do you think UPS drivers are choosing this career because they like working from 830am until 7-8pm monday thru friday? because they like being screwed over by their managers? because they just loooooooove giving people their amazon orders? no, we do this stuff because of the money.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know a guy who wore saggy pants in high school that works for Merrill Lynch as a broker now. And a guy who was clean cut and in uniform everyday who was arrested for heroin possession about 5 months ago.

Can't judge a book by its cover.

blkmamba

do you think UPS drivers are choosing this career because they like working from 830am until 7-8pm monday thru friday? because they like being screwed over by their managers? because they just loooooooove giving people their amazon orders? no, we do this stuff because of the money.
I was talking about teachers, firefighters, and police officers. If you choose one of those professions for the money, you're doing it wrong. I understand you guys are in for the money.

blkmamba

The teacher has to "trump" the parent from 9-3, M-friend and DEMAND respect or tell them to get out!!!
Trust me, their is nothing more frustrating than discipling a child only to have the parent undo everything you've done. When a parent undermines the teacher by supporting the child, not much can be done. Telling the child to get out is a good way to lose your career. If anything happens to that child that you sent outside, you are 100% reliable.

El Correcto

god is dead
During your "....near 14 hrs.":

-how many of your patients went "bad"?,
-how many family members did you have to console,
-how many family members told you you didn't know how to take care of their sick family member,
-how many meals did you serve,
-how many baths did you give,
-how many bed pans did you have to clean,
-how many of your patients died,
-how many "admits" right before quitting time did you have to do,
-how many doctors did you have to call to consult about their patients,
-how many "impacted" patients did you have to dig poop out of their butt,
-how many critical mathematic calculations did you do to assure not over-medicating your patients......

oh wait.....you aren't a Nurse.

None of that :censored2: sounds hard at all, half the list is emotional cry baby stuff, I'm pretty good at that.

Gear

Parts on Order
Or medicine to the hospital, and food to the handicapped who can't leave there house, c'mon man give us some credit..the world would function a little less easier without UPS

So true. Thank you for your service. Instead of the saying, "Thank a Vet", it should be "Thank a UPSer." The circle of honor is our Medal of Honor. We should have UPSer day, complete with a parade of brown package cars and tractors. A day everyone can cheer for all the hard work we do for a more than reasonable pay and benefits. I can see it now, women just throwing their selves at our brown shoes or steel toes boots of mechanics. UPS UPS UPS UPS

El Correcto

god is dead
So true. Thank you for your service. Instead of the saying, "Thank a Vet", it should be "Thank a UPSer." The circle of honor is our Medal of Honor. We should have UPSer day, complete with a parade of brown package cars and tractors. A day everyone can cheer for all the hard work we do for a more than reasonable pay and benefits. I can see it now, women just throwing their selves at our brown shoes or steel toes boots of mechanics. UPS UPS UPS UPS
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.