Nurses forum group degrades UPS drivers and our salary

moreluck

golden ticket member
Trust me, their is nothing more frustrating than discipling a child only to have the parent undo everything you've done. When a parent undermines the teacher by supporting the child, not much can be done. Telling the child to get out is a good way to lose your career. If anything happens to that child that you sent outside, you are 100% reliable.
you mean responsible?

rod

Retired 22 years
The teacher has to "trump" the parent from 9-3, M-friend and DEMAND respect or tell them to get out!!!

Trouble is neither a teacher or a parent has the law backing them up anymore should the kid get out of hand ----and the kids of today know it. The younger generation has never had the thrill of getting the paddle in school or a good thumping at home if needed. Try telling some kid out of control at the grocery store to "please" settle down and see how far it gets you. I hear that useless speech it all the time in stores now days. Unfortunately my generations kids are to blame for this sad situation by wanting to be best friends with their kids instead of parents.

DOK

Their's an online website specifically for the nursing community, just like brown cafe is for UPS drivers. The post from this lady, and comments from other nurses clearly show the lack of respect and knowledge they have towards our job. They don't think we deserve our salary, and their jobs are of more importance and deserving of better pay. Couple UPS drivers replied on the forum as well. Here is the link, it's pretty entertaining

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/ups-drivers-make-472410.html

Their jobs are of more importance and deserving of better pay, there's no arguing that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That is much more of a reflection of the parent than the teacher. It's hard to teach respect when it's not reinforced at home.
I think it's the opposite...respect should be taught at home and reinforced at school. Unfortunately, as you said, too often the parents don't back up the teachers. Sad, really.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Or medicine to the hospital, and food to the handicapped who can't leave there house, c'mon man give us some credit..the world would function a little less easier without UPS

I agree that we deliver important stuff also. I was just trying to make a point.

Bottom line, the world would function without UPS or any delivery service.

The world would be in chaos without police offers, fire fighters and nurses.

Gear

Parts on Order
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

I like poking fun at drivers. When they talk about all the sacrifices they make to work for UPS and the $70,000-$100,000 a year, makes me smile. Just sounds so silly. $100,000 a year and sacrifices? Needless to say, some drivers at my center talk to me, some wont.

JL 0513

I agree that we deliver important stuff also. I was just trying to make a point.

Bottom line, the world would function without UPS or any delivery service.

The world would be in chaos without police offers, fire fighters and nurses.

ALL delivery drivers? If you eliminated tractor trailer drivers for just 1-2 weeks, most people would be dead. No food, no nothing. Unless you're one of the very few that could sustain themselves with a farm. But even farms need to be delivered supplies...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I like poking fun at drivers. When they talk about all the sacrifices they make to work for UPS and the $70,000-$100,000 a year, makes me smile. Just sounds so silly. $100,000 a year and sacrifices? Needless to say, some drivers at my center talk to me, some wont.

Don't worry, they make fun of you too. You seem to be a special kind of stupid

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
ALL delivery drivers? If you eliminated tractor trailer drivers for just 1-2 weeks, most people would be dead. No food, no nothing. Unless you're one of the very few that could sustain themselves with a farm. But even farms need to be delivered supplies...

I did not mean to include the truckload shipments going from warehouse to store. We do handle much of that at all.

Without delivery companies, companies may have to hire more employees to go to the local Staples and pick up office supplies, or drive 4 hours to pick up that part that they need.

People would have to drive to Walmart, CVS or Home Depot and pick up their own household goods instead of relying on Amazon.

The world could get by without UPS, granted, at a higher cost, but would be in chaos without police officers, fire fighters and nurses.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You a driver?

Gear

Parts on Order
Don't worry, they make fun of you too. You seem to be a special kind of stupid

Stupid is saying things like, "I make so many sacrifices for a $100,000 dollars a year." Come on man, really man, come on. If you say that infront of a bunch of fellow blue collar workers, you're going to get a few looks. People would have the, "What he say?" expression.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
OK I was unclear, I was under the impression the only thing UPS mechanics know how to write is "part ordered OK to drive" Your long winded responses threw me off. The trade off for the money is a destroyed body and lost time with the family.

Hump dump and roll

OK I was unclear, I was under the impression the only thing UPS mechanics know how to write is "part ordered OK to drive" Your long winded responses threw me off. The trade off for the money is a destroyed body and lost time with the family.
Haha wow they take the time to lie to you and say the parts are on order?

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
They are partially right. If we deserve our salary could be debated but you're an idiot if you don't believe their job is more important.
Of course we deserve our pay. Full time drivers are putting a toll on their bodies day in 'n day out. Not to mention the time away from family because of the excessive hours. If a majority of these nurses don't think they're getting paid enough then that is their problem not ours. That certainly doesn't mean we don't deserve our salary.