NYC Drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thatguy123, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Thatguy123

Thatguy123 Member

Any Manhattan drivers on BC? Just interested what it's like delivering in the city.. Any crazy stories?
  2. SCV good to go sir.

SCV good to go sir. Active Member

I've always wondered about this as well. I'm in smaller metropolitan area, I can't imagine what it must be like in NYC.
  3. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

Park and Walk!
  4. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I work in downtown Brooklyn which is pretty crazy. Like the last poster said, park & walk. On route I probably only log a total of three miles/day driving. I load up my 4 wheeler & walk off as much as possible. I have a lot of brownstones, office buildings and doorman buildings which makes things rather easy to find in my truck. Typically average 120-150 stops/day, 220-280 pieces. Punch out 7-7:30 on average. It's what I'm used to & I actually rather enjoy it
  5. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Any truth to the rumors that NYC drivers are so hardcore with damn the man you guys all have beards?
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

A few with beards...lots of older drivers with plenty of visible tattoos....the new guys have to keep theirs covered up.
  7. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Anybody deliver to any rough areas in MY?
  8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

There has never been many NYC drivers on this board. None that have said so anyway.
  9. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Is it still the case that you guys don't have end/pas because you only deliver to a handful of addresses and most of your stops are vertical so it's pointless?