NYS MIN WAGE INCREASE ups your turn!!!!

Hello upsers, I see NYS is trying to raise the MIN WAGE from $7.25 to 8.50

I have one question will ups raise there pay from 8.50 * 18 hrs a week lifting heavy boxes 5 days a week. If this bill do pass. A lot of part timers will leave ups. For 8.50+*40 a week.

I don't see young folks coming to ups maybe the older gents

brown_trousers

I have one question will ups raise there pay from 8.50 * 18 hrs a week lifting heavy boxes 5 days a week. If this bill do pass. A lot of part timers will leave ups. For 8.50+*40 a week.

Thats a definite no! Washington state minimum wage has already surpassed the 8.50 starting wage here. It really comes down to union negotiations to bring those wages up

I hope nobody takes the job.

cino321

UPS offers free medical benefits for the part timers and their families that other employer's do not. A lot of part timer's stay just for the bennies, and I can't blame them.

A PT gig at UPS is not a career, it's a side job while you're in school, or some extra funds for the family, and a stepping stone into a full time career with UPS.

I know it's a hard job (I've been there) and the PT's are under paid, but I don't see UPS trying to raise the starting pay too much above the minimum.