O.K. Has Peak REALLY Begun Where You Are?

over9five

Staff member
Anyone from Albany, NY building? They're having HUGE issues with missed packages, or missed loads. Not sure of the exact story, but I know several sups from several buildings who were immediately transferred there yesterday to get the place under control.
Heard a rumor that a lot of it was due to gypsies just dropping loads there without telling anyone. I've only been there once, so I'm not sure of their yard layout and how that would be possible.

oldstagg

Turkey day a week later this year. peak will be a little more intense this year. I hear some buildings are still trying to recover from the first round.

MaceFremonti

Last year my peak day was 300 stops/over 500 pieces with 30 pickups/100 pieces without a helper!

Today.......1 stop 500 miles....peak in feeders is just BRUTAL!;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone from Albany, NY building? They're having HUGE issues with missed packages, or missed loads. Not sure of the exact story, but I know several sups from several buildings who were immediately transferred there yesterday to get the place under control.
Heard a rumor that a lot of it was due to gypsies just dropping loads there without telling anyone. I've only been there once, so I'm not sure of their yard layout and how that would be possible.

The hub is in Latham. We get most of our volume from there and have not been told of any missed loads.

Don't know how it is there but we have had that very problem in our yard. We have brokers bringing in MT's and their buddies see them heading out back to the gravel lot so they think thats where everything goes. We found 3 lost loads mixed in. Now theres a bottom feeder sup assigned to the gravel lot to verify only MT's are going in.

A broker brought this loaded chassis trailer in for us. It's clearly tagged from the railyard for the broken pin assembly but he didn't let that stop him. We got our monies worth.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I don't like delivering at night. Lots of drivers are going to run out of hours Friday. Could mean lot of package left in the building. Next week the real horror show begins. :hangin:

MaceFremonti

That's funny you posted that today as the chassis I got from Louisville today had only the left rear zip tied....:eek:

Maybe because I did the railyard for weeks on end when I was on the Q list but I ALWAYS make sure all 4 pins are secure before I move the chassis an inch!

I absolutely HATE pulling the chassis containers!

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I hear Indianapolis is really behind. Lining trucks outside the yard (don't know which Indy building they are talking about). Is this true?