O.K. Has Peak REALLY Begun Where You Are?

From what I can learn from drivers there, the Lynnfield, MA center I'd work from as a seasonal driver is getting busy, but not all the routes are even going out as yet. Has peak where you are hit with the insanity we all know and love? I'd like to earn some money this season, but I wonder if I ever will.
friend yea I had 76 stops today. If this isn't peak I don't know what is????? I can't post a pic so if someone wants to pm my there phone number so I can text. Ill pm my numbers so they can post. I'm computer channaged so I need assistance. I'll prove it

friend yea I had 76 stops today. If this isn't peak I don't know what is????? I can't post a pic so if someone wants to pm my there phone number so I can text. Ill pm my numbers so they can post. I'm computer channaged so I need assistance. I'll prove it
Come on?? Try me. I WANT to PROVE it??!!??!!??!!??

over9five

Staff member
Over, the rumors were confirmed today. Albany (Latham) is 30 loads behind and Syracuse is 50. Both hubs will have sorts all weekend. IE has sent numerous people there to straighten things out. We are starting at 8am on Monday and have been told that we will be slammed.
Yup, they have a lot of extra management out there right now.

barnyard

KTM rider
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, we had more packages out for delivery than we did peak day last year. Out for delivery. That does not include the trailer per day that we could not unload.

Our feeder guys all had less than 10 hours left when they clocked in Friday. I got in at 2030 and was asked to do a couple of trailer switches and build a set (I am a feeder cover guy) so that the feeder guys would not run out of hours on the road.

I did empty my truck yesterday. My helper and I pounded off 182 rural stops. I cover the same route during the summer and it routinely dispatches with 125 stops and double the area.

To put it another way.... The small town that I am working this peak, usually takes 2.5 routes to cover during the year. Right now, there are 5 routes working 11 hour days and bringing back stops.

I am not sure what Monday will bring. According to FNN, there were lots of loads at the hubs waiting to be sorted and I suspect they will try and play catch up over the weekend and we will be absolutely slammed again.

barnyard

KTM rider
and according to the FNN, all feeder qualified managers were pulling loads on Friday as many of their guys ran out of hours on Thursday.

MassWineGuy

It's beginning to sound like UPS's success (some might say greed or gluttony) is outstripping its ability to meets its own delivery standards. This year more than ever it seems like they need anyone with a pulse to come help them out.

Maple7

Peak is here for sure and we are so poorly staffed its laughable. All our cut drivers were running out of hours in Aug and September so I was worried about peak. Sure enough we had about 500 missed in my center on Thursday. Friday I was one of the first drivers back because I had to stay under 60. I brought back 200 pieces. Guy next to me brought back 185 STOPS! Almost every driver in the center had limited hours on Friday. I can only imagine how many more stops were brought in after I left that night. Its pretty discouraging when you leave the building in the morning knowing no matter what you do half your route will not get done. Part of my route I have not been able to get to since Wednesday! I wish we could blame it on bad weather but nope! I try to keep a positive attitude but man its tough when you have to chose what half of the town will get their stuff and what half wont. Only 25 weeks to vaca:biggrin:

W

westsideworma

Upstate...keep that crap in NY we've got enough here in MA :wink2:

67.43 hrs for me this week....woooooo :censored2:

Returntosender

Wait till those thousands boxes of Monavie wine from CA, get into the system. Hopefully its soon Monavie moves during superweek and those bottles spill ?shutdown belts for cleaning.

fiddledee

I am not sure what Monday will bring. According to FNN, there were lots of loads at the hubs waiting to be sorted and I suspect they will try and play catch up over the weekend and we will be absolutely slammed again.

many big shippers work and load trucks to us all weekend. Ice and snow coming to much of the country will not make things any easier.

oldupsman

It's a calculated business decision. It's a short peak. Only 12 days left and they figure they'll just stumble through it.
Honestly, if stuff gets there a week after Christmas, who cares? And now this weather across the country is a built
in excuse for them. It's all about maximizing profits. Service is an afterthought. You don't think FEDEX ground
is doing the same thing?

W

westsideworma

Doesn't your volume go through Springfield or Hartford?

We get an Albany load that has preload pkgs and pkgs for the Leominster building (but yes the bulk of our work comes from hartford and chelmsford).

Just saying we don't need any more :biggrin: