Obama Avatar - Turning his back on America

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Poor TOS ... he doesn't realize what his avatar really means!
Obamas Back.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Poor HOAX...

Another election, another dissapointment waiting for him in november.

Peace

TOS

No doubt about that ... either way.

Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama - none were any reason to celebrate although Reagan and Clinton did pretty well.

Tease

POS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No doubt about that ... either way.

Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama - none were any reason to celebrate although Reagan and Clinton did pretty well.

Tease

POS

Its nice to see some die hard fantasy island fans still claiming Reagan did a good job..!! 10.7% unemployment after two years and a deficit of 3.7 trillion dollars after 8 years! Yea, a real american hero!

Peace

TOS

upsgrunt

TOS,
Is Obama a relative of yours?
Seriously.
You've got such a bulge in your pants for him, something doesn't add up.
It surely isn't just because he is half black is it?
I mean, that's the reason you give for so many of us not approving of him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Its nice to see some die hard fantasy island fans still claiming Reagan did a good job..!! 10.7% unemployment after two years and a deficit of 3.7 trillion dollars after 8 years! Yea, a real american hero!

Peace

TOS
So unemployment under Reagan went from 7.6% the summer after innauguaration to 9.8% and stayed there for 2 years.

Didn't Obama also have the unemployment rate rise a couple percent and stay there during his first 2 years? So if it was a bad thing for Reagan, then it's also a bad thing for Obama too!!

Piss

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So unemployment under Reagan went from 7.6% the summer after innauguaration to 9.8% and stayed there for 2 years.

Didn't Obama also have the unemployment rate rise a couple percent and stay there during his first 2 years? So if it was a bad thing for Reagan, then it's also a bad thing for Obama too!!

Piss

Well, as usual, you have your numbers wRoNg, but what else is new, eh?

Thats been my point moreluck all along. You die hard fantasy island fans want to hold Reagan up as if he was some kind of presidential hero, but in todays GOP, REAGAN wouldnt pass as a republican. His numbers were attrocious.

When Carter left office, unemployment was at 7.1%, but in the middle years, unemployment was in the low 5's, thats right, the low 5's. Carter failed to control inflation and the country spiraled out of control. When he left office, Carter left the nation with a 59 billion dollar deficit.

Reagan takes over and his unemployment rate SHOT to 10.7% (higher than OBAMA) and came down slowly over the remaining years of his term. ON his last day in office, Reagan had unemployment down to 6.2% but left a GINORMOUS deficit of 3.7 trillion dollars on the backs of the american taxpayer.

""President Reagan, as well as Bush I and II, insisted that deficits didn't matter as long as the proceeds were used for tax cuts that were supposed to stimulate
savings and investment. The policy failed utterly. Savings and investment rates fell, despite the lower tax rates. America became increasingly reliant for its
investment capital on borrowing from abroad. But this deficits-don't-matter theology liberated Republicans from their previous stance as the fiscally
responsible party.""

Ronald Reagan on Budget & Economy

Reagan was no hero to the american public, he was a man of the rich, the very rich. Reagan and Obamas unemployment rates are very similiar and Reagan was able to secure re-election with a 9% unemployment rate!

Reagan vs. Obama: Unemployment | Reflections of a Rational Republican

OBAMA had a giant hole to crawl out of after BUSH left office and only those on fantasy island seem to think otherwise, and so far, he's done a great job of doing so.

Sure, like Reagan, theres a long way to go, but like Reagan, it will take 4 more years to get us there. Remember, Reagan started his first day in office with a 7.1% unemployment rate and went up to 10.7% in two years. Obama started at 7.8% and went to 10.1% and its coming down just like Reagan. Reagan was NEVER able to match Carters best unemployment rates of mid 5's during any point in his 8 years. Time will tell if OBAMA can get it right over the next 4 years.

I still have his back.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He achieved some important goals,he had no control over the deficit.
I admired him.
I don't know why.

Just the sheer force of his personality and leadership that he provided.
I respect him more in hindsight than I did at the time of his presidency.

Tease

POS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Bless your little heart, Hoaxster. You are an exemplary moderator.

I have to ask, though...why do you sign your posts as POS?

I agree with your assessment of yourself, but it seems a little strange to refer to ones self as POS. Did you take a truth serum or something?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So you are saying that your Huffington post is a lie, that's where I got the numbers....they are not wrong....you just want them to be.

: the unemployment rate under Reagan went from 7.6% to 9.7-9.8% in the summer after his inaugural, and remained at that level for two years, before it began to decline in the summer of 1983."

Paul Abrams: Pop Quiz: Under Reagan, What Was Peak Unemployment, How Long Before It Began Declining?

Thats a great post moreluck, finally you put something of substance on this board. Everyone should read this piece.

It highlights the failed reagan administration. I love it . Thanks!

Peace

TOS