Obama care

bbsam

Staff member
I am a Republican and proud of it. Yes I have done everything for myself, never taking from anyone. No I dont look down at anyone for their political views.

So why do you dislike Obamacare but can take Freddycare? Wouldn't you rather shop around and buy your own? Have the freedom of the marketplace, so to speak?

vantexan

I'm a far left liberal but the difference is I don't insult people who are far right conservatives. I disagree with their philosophy but that's their right to have it. But I don't resort to insults and to blame them for everything that's wrong with this country,that has been a team effort by both parties.

BBSam said Goldilocks was mean, hateful, self important, in other words vantexan in drag. I retorted that he was Obama in whiteface, not knowing he's black. You don't attack conservatives but focus in on my retort rather than what he said. And my point, which I think he got, is that Obama's campaign has run vicious personal attack ads against Romney for months. He can't truly argue with Romney over most issues and doesn't want voters to focus on the last 4 years. And that all went away after the first debate, because those who watched realized Romney isn't the monster he was portrayed as in the attack ads. At any rate, this isn't a racial issue, never was.

vantexan

Gordon Gekko dressed nicely too. Didn't look like a monster at all.

Gordon Gekko is a fictional character dreamed up by the very far left Oliver Stone. And it's not Romney's clothes that are resonating with voters. Obama should have worked on job creation rather than healthcare. If he had done the things necessary to get people back to work he would easily be reelected. A real future for people and their kids are what people truly want, not a bloated gov't.

bbsam

Staff member
Gordon Gekko is a fictional character dreamed up by the very far left Oliver Stone. And it's not Romney's clothes that are resonating with voters. Obama should have worked on job creation rather than healthcare. If he had done the things necessary to get people back to work he would easily be reelected. A real future for people and their kids are what people truly want, not a bloated gov't.
Bernie Madoff real enough for you? Obama said it the other night. Alot of jobs aren't coming back. We may as well get used to the new reality and start training and retraining for the next economy.

Goldilocks

So why do you dislike Obamacare but can take Freddycare? Wouldn't you rather shop around and buy your own? Have the freedom of the marketplace, so to speak?

I do not approve of government controled healthcare. Simple as that. Nothing to do with color at all. I am a minority, female, hispanic and will not be voting for Obama...BTW I also love Fox news, Sean Hannity, Ann Colter, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh...

Goldilocks

Bernie Madoff real enough for you? Obama said it the other night. Alot of jobs aren't coming back. We may as well get used to the new reality and start training and retraining for the next economy.

A great new RNC ad out this morning hits Obama for a comment he made in the debate the other night where he suggested that there are some jobs that just aren’t going to come back. They say if he’s given up hope then it’s time for a new president. And they’d be right:

bbsam

Staff member
A great new RNC ad out this morning hits Obama for a comment he made in the debate the other night where he suggested that there are some jobs that'll just aren’t going to come back. They say if he’s given up hope then it’s time for a new president. And they’d be right:
So we need a president who blows sunshine up our collective asses?

Lordtekk

BBSam said Goldilocks was mean, hateful, self important, in other words vantexan in drag. I retorted that he was Obama in whiteface, not knowing he's black. You don't attack conservatives but focus in on my retort rather than what he said. And my point, which I think he got, is that Obama's campaign has run vicious personal attack ads against Romney for months. He can't truly argue with Romney over most issues and doesn't want voters to focus on the last 4 years. And that all went away after the first debate, because those who watched realized Romney isn't the monster he was portrayed as in the attack ads. At any rate, this isn't a racial issue, never was.
Well I see things differently,I am in Florida and the ads I am seeing from Romney are blatant lies and character assassination , Obama's ads are least true,but Romney's are lies "We didn't build that",cutting medicare 760 Billion etc. I mean these are verifiable with video that they are all lies. But dude let me tell you you will never change your mind and I won't either so that means we are at an impasse with no where to go. I won't bring up my liberal views and if you decide not to bring up your conservative views fine,if not it's your choice and I still respect you.

Lordtekk

I do not approve of government controled healthcare. Simple as that. Nothing to do with color at all. I am a minority, female, hispanic and will not be voting for Obama...BTW I also love Fox news, Sean Hannity, Ann Colter, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh...
Well I am the same except I'm a dude and will vote for Obama, I approve of government healthcare. We can not let these people just die can we ? What does that say about this country ?
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

vantexan

Well I see things differently,I am in Florida and the ads I am seeing from Romney are blatant lies and character assassination , Obama's ads are least true,but Romney's are lies "We didn't build that",cutting medicare 760 Billion etc. I mean these are verifiable with video that they are all lies. But dude let me tell you you will never change your mind and I won't either so that means we are at an impasse with no where to go. I won't bring up my liberal views and if you decide not to bring up your conservative views fine,if not it's your choice and I still respect you.

I've seen Obama's speech where he said that if you own a business you didn't build that. He probably meant that you didn't do it alone, but it didn't come out that way. And apparently you haven't been keeping up because in order to fund Obamacare he is taking all those billions from Medicare. Fact is you can do one or the other but there's no way to do both. Just one of many future surprises Obamacare has in store for us. Sorry you don't believe it, but those are CBO #'s, not Republican ones. But again, we'll just have to wait and see. You and I have no control beyond our vote.

vantexan

Yeah because a different president will bring back manufacturing... Uh huh

If you cut taxes on manufacturers they'd have an incentive to come back. Trouble is we currently have a government which thinks it knows best how to spend our money. $16 Trillion in debt and growing...

bbsam

Staff member
Obama's speech came out exactly as he meant it and classically Rove and company took it out of context. There is no way to listen to the whole thing and the honestly come to any other conclusion.

bbsam

Staff member
If you cut taxes on manufacturers they'd have an incentive to come back. Trouble is we currently have a government which thinks it knows best how to spend our money. $16 Trillion in debt and growing...

Not true. Some are returning because costs have gone up overseas and the added cost to ship is prohibitive. Also, some countries are finding American exploitation tiring.

Lordtekk

I've seen Obama's speech where he said that if you own a business you didn't build that. He probably meant that you didn't do it alone, but it didn't come out that way. And apparently you haven't been keeping up because in order to fund Obamacare he is taking all those billions from Medicare. Fact is you can do one or the other but there's no way to do both. Just one of many future surprises Obamacare has in store for us. Sorry you don't believe it, but those are CBO #'s, not Republican ones. But again, we'll just have to wait and see. You and I have no control beyond our vote.
The ROMNEY-RYAN plan takes $700 BILLION AWAY FROM SENIORS but does
NOT
use it to fund HEALTH SERVICES for ANYBODY. Yet Republicans in the House voted to strip that $700 Billion FROM SENIORS ENTIRELY. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates under the ROMNEY-RYAN plan new Medicare beneficiaries will pay more than $1,200 OUT OF POCKET by 2030 and more than $5,900 more by 2050 and SHIFT ADDITIONAL COSTS to seniors by RAISING the eligibility age to 67. This NEGATIVELY impacts today's middle-aged, middle class HARD WORKING Americans while giving the wealthiest 1-percent HUGE TAX BREAKS. It's amazing what reading the whole CBO report reveals. By the way I have been keeping up,but everything you say is a Fox News ,Republican talking point. Nothing new,the Karl Rove "If you repeat a lie enough people will think it's true " trick.You can bring it,but I will respond. I am more informed than you realize,the thing is I came to this forum to discuss the situation at Fedex not politics. So Good Night Sir and Enjoy Your Weekend.

Lordtekk

Not true. Some are returning because costs have gone up overseas and the added cost to ship is prohibitive. Also, some countries are finding American exploitation tiring.
I can not believe that you and I have the same political views. Weird.

Lordtekk

Again
WASHINGTON—U.S. companies are booking higher profits than ever. But the number crunchers in Washington are puzzling over a phenomenon that has just come into view: Corporate tax receipts as a share of profits are at their lowest level in at least 40 years.
Total corporate federal taxes paid fell to 12.1% of profits earned from activities within the U.S. in fiscal 2011, which ended Sept. 30, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That's the lowest level since at least 1972. And well below the 25.6% companies paid on average from 1987 to 2008.Corporate income-tax receipts typically fall during recessions, and they declined sharply after the 2008 financial crisis, which wiped out big swaths of profits across the huge financial sector. But U.S. profits have rebounded sharply in recent quarters, while tax receipts have stayed low.

Wall Street Journal wrote that,the bastion of liberalism.

Lordtekk

Manufacturers will come back when they can pay an American worker the wages they pay overseas till then they are staying put. Taxes are not their problem,greed is. Me I would tax the hell out of anyone who out sources their products for the sole purpose of increasing their bottom line and leaving hard working Americans out of work. If they don't want to sell their product here,Who Cares ? There are plenty of American Companies who will gladly take their profits.