Obama fails yet again...

klein

Für Meno :)
In our economy all this obama does is spend money. He takes his family all around the world on our dime. He says there is business there. But the way the world thinks of us he can go anywhere bring his family call it business. Everytime his family goes we as tax payers spend all the extra money for 3 shifts of secret service people for each person. plus all assts. and so on. I heard it cost us $63,000 per hour for the president to go anywhere. When he first took over he was traveling with 500 plus people now we lug alot of boxes to feed our family as so on I am tired of lugging for a president that gonna kill our country and not be around to take the blame in 5 or 10 yrs when our grandkids have to pay back his ridiculous debt. I for one will never back a person for office just because the union says so. Quite frankly what does the union know about whos best.

Sorry, but airforce 1 will cost the same, with or without family.
His hotel room, same thing.
Food ? Don't think they pay for that in Washington either.

And nothing wrong being a family man, a step up from having intern sexual Regarding your your presidential terms, well, thats your good old constitution, that no one bares to touch.

We could have an election here, any giving week, because we have a minority government currently.

klein

Are those jobs really a true economic boom in the long run? Some of your point I do believe.

See Bastiat's Broken Window Fallacy to get where I'm coming from.

Atlanta built an awesome Olympic stadium but was not sustainable in that format after the Olympics was over. Stadium at more cost was downsized to a baseball field. Other venues around Olympics never fully materalized as dreamed or failed to do anything beyond the games themselves. However, the growth boom from and after the Olympics have stressed the metro Atlanta infrastrcture and was no more manifest than in 2007' when the drought hit crisis mode. Also stimulated a housing bubble too with an extra supporting cast in Uncle Sam.

:wink2:

Another reason Rio got it, they can use a Stadium, you can't bulid them large enough for Soccer. Over 120.000 people go into stadiums there in South America and Europe for soccer matches.

Madrid, I remember that, without even looking it up, called Bilbio Stadium or something close to it... has room for about 100.000 spectators.

Something, North America, really can't get much usage of.

Look back at Berlin and Munich, those 2 stadiums are still standing, and very well used (Soccer games, and lately in Berlin (That south african - shemale) for other world tournaments. And built in the early 1930's !
I was lucky enough to go to that Stadium, and Munich too. I was a soccer nut ! Travelled all over Europe for soccer matches.

brett636

You really should try using a hy-phen when describing Chi-Town. Or is your Hatred for Obama, Ophra and Chicago that obvious. Listen, the world is not rejoicing Obama's IOC defeat, just the American Right Wingers are. So go ahead, applaud, hoot and holler and support those in cheering America's (not Obama's) bid loss, in generating revenue and jobs down the road for many Mid-Westerners.

I am going to start nailing you on every spelling and punctuation mistake you make. Just about every post you have contains at least one. Those in glass houses should not throw stones. Just for future reference the H in hatred should not be capitalized.

Considering Chicago was the first of the four cities to get voted out I can imagine quite a few countries were rejoicing over it. Obama and Daley threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Olympics and in the end it meant squat. The world has been wanting to put us in our place for some time, and now that we have one of the weakest leaders in our nations history the world feels its time to try to tear us down.

wkmac

Another reason Rio got it, they can use a Stadium, you can't bulid them large enough for Soccer. Over 120.000 people go into stadiums there in South America and Europe for soccer matches.

Madrid, I remember that, without even looking it up, called Bilbio Stadium or something close to it... has room for about 100.000 spectators.

Something, North America, really can't get much usage of.

Look back at Berlin and Munich, those 2 stadiums are still standing, and very well used (Soccer games, and lately in Berlin (That south african - shemale) for other world tournaments. And built in the early 1930's !
I was lucky enough to go to that Stadium, and Munich too. I was a soccer nut ! Travelled all over Europe for soccer matches.

Another good point, ALL pro teams should build their own stadiums and not use the public trough or emient domain powers. And that goes for NASCAR where Bristol Speedway benefited from emient domain abuse.

Nuff said!

diesel96

Where were all these anti-gov't big spendors hiding since the Reagan days. How do you think the Cold War ended, from a Reagan speech ? No, we out spent the Russians. Why come out from under your rocks, now ? When will the deniers finally come to the realization that Republicans spend just as much if not more than Democrats. Only difference while Rep's spend, they give the rich tax breaks while they wage wars, buy Pharma at full retail cost, and give away TARP money without any ability and intention of paying for anything. So here we are again, a new Adm that has to clean up and repair after another financially damaging 8 year Rep spending spree. So experts get together and determine how to mend our economy with a spending stimulus, reinvestment recovery act built on investing in America this time. However, If Obama continues to proceed with the Bush policies, he will fail. Waging wars and spending stimulus don't mix. Now here we are, borrowing money from foriegn countries for 8 years running up debt like never before, and like spoiled little irresponsible babies, whining over sin taxes and why the rich has to pay their fair share. Realize this pundits, you'll never pay off your debt by paying the minumum payment every month. It's much more complexed than complaining about the President flying in Air Force One, or your cigs, beer, and gas costing more. So before another Cable Talking Head or Internet Blogger indoctrinates you to go to another Tea Party and start yelling, kicking and screaming inaccurate facts, and blame one side or the other when it comes to taxation and paying off the US debt, remember, like a bad marriage, it's a two way street and it takes two. There's no turning to bankruptcy or going to your parents for more money. Eight years got us here, and let's face it, probably eight to get us out. There are no quick fixes.

diesel96

I am going to start nailing you on every spelling and punctuation mistake you make. Just about every post you have contains at least one. Those in glass houses should not throw stones. Just for future reference the H in hatred should not be capitalized.

Considering Chicago was the first of the four cities to get voted out I can imagine quite a few countries were rejoicing over it. Obama and Daley threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Olympics and in the end it meant squat. The world has been wanting to put us in our place for some time, and now that we have one of the weakest leaders in our nations history the world feels its time to try to tear us down.

Hey, Prof Mcfly, nail this....Instead of checking for spelling and pronounciation errors, I suggest that you read into the context, and go from there. The point of the post, is there's a difference between Chitown and Chi-Town....One can read the tea leaves when referencing a city as fecal matter... Only those with true hate in their heart will bastardize a city that a politician realms from. I suppose those who share your disposition have a problem with Honolulu as well.

island1fox

:wink2:At the risk of repeating myself I will once again post a few absolute facts. This poor economy was not caused by the W administration.
Bush came into a declining phony dot com economy and then we experienced Sept 11 th. Due to quick action and giving tax cuts to all Americans (see IRS tax tables if you can read ---all income levels received a 5% cut.}
The disaster we are presently living through has roots going back to 1964 when LBJ started the "Great Society" . The giveaway of Tax dollars and welfare grew at an alarming rate. We have developed generations of bottom feeders. We now look at another fact --the Jimmy Carter community reinvestment act --the beginning of putting people in homes they could not afford--after the Carter disaster of double digit unemployment, interest rates and inflation we were saved by the Reagon years . Now another fact --Liberals always complain about de-regulation --HELLO- Wild Bill Clinton --deregulated fannie and freddie and the race was on --with a little help . In the nineties community organizer and attorney Obama became very involved with that honest organization ACORN.
City bank was sued for not having enough minority mortages--the lawsuit was settled --banks lowered their lending standards and everyone bragged how many more minorities were now homeowners.
During the W administration -the housing bubble was identified. When the Senate wanted an up or down vote on reigning in Fannie and Freddie -Senator Obama,Senator Dodd and the MAJORITY of the black caucaus including Maxime Waters, And congressman Meeks out of NY. Congressman Barney Frank was also very loud in his support for Fannie and Freddie.
Now it is also a fact that Senator Dodd had his sweetheart deal going and Obama was using contributions from Fannie and Freddie and ACORN support to become President.
I will agree that we are not going to come out of this for a very long time --but laugh at the Kool aid drinkers that blame Bush including Obama who claims:dissapointed:he inherited this economy ----He played an active role in causing it.
The crash of the housing market --people having homes they could never afford ----destroyed our economy and most of the worlds.
Yes -Wall street was able to tag along --bundle and sell derivatives --but would never have been able to do so --if Fannie and Freddie did not exist.

diesel96

:wink2:At the risk of repeating myself I will once again post a few absolute facts. This poor economy was not caused by the W administration.
Bush came into a declining phony dot com economy and then we experienced Sept 11 th. Due to quick action and giving tax cuts to all Americans (see IRS tax tables if you can read ---all income levels received a 5% cut.}
The disaster we are presently living through has roots going back to 1964 when LBJ started the "Great Society" . The giveaway of Tax dollars and welfare grew at an alarming rate. We have developed generations of bottom feeders. We now look at another fact --the Jimmy Carter community reinvestment act --the beginning of putting people in homes they could not afford--after the Carter disaster of double digit unemployment, interest rates and inflation we were saved by the Reagon years . Now another fact --Liberals always complain about de-regulation --HELLO- Wild Bill Clinton --deregulated fannie and freddie and the race was on --with a little help . In the nineties community organizer and attorney Obama became very involved with that honest organization ACORN.
City bank was sued for not having enough minority mortages--the lawsuit was settled --banks lowered their lending standards and everyone bragged how many more minorities were now homeowners.
During the W administration -the housing bubble was identified. When the Senate wanted an up or down vote on reigning in Fannie and Freddie -Senator Obama,Senator Dodd and the MAJORITY of the black caucaus including Maxime Waters, And congressman Meeks out of NY. Congressman Barney Frank was also very loud in his support for Fannie and Freddie.
Now it is also a fact that Senator Dodd had his sweetheart deal going and Obama was using contributions from Fannie and Freddie and ACORN support to become President.
I will agree that we are not going to come out of this for a very long time --but laugh at the Kool aid drinkers that blame Bush including Obama who claims:dissapointed:he inherited this economy ----He played an active role in causing it.
The crash of the housing market --people having homes they could never afford ----destroyed our economy and most of the worlds.
Yes -Wall street was able to tag along --bundle and sell derivatives --but would never have been able to do so --if Fannie and Freddie did not exist.

diesel96

Why leave out the Fed Reserve, a body independent of the president, played a key role in setting monetary conditions and supervising the banking industry.
The Federal Reserve allowed interest rates to drop so low that credit became so cheap and easy fraud resulted. Treasury is dragging its feet working with credit markets and banks to solve the issue.
Mortgage and Housing crisis: Bush government did not enforced consumer and credit laws and allowed all these crazy mortgages to be offered.
Energy: Bush did not push hard enough for an energy program and oil prices have risen 200% since 2001.

So if the economy was doing swell, you'd give Bush all the credit in the world, right? But since the economy tanked, (recession) the Ex-President and his supporters will usually say it is the fault of his Democratic "only" predeccessors Clinton(8yrs ago)--Carter(30yrs ago)--and LBJ(40 yrs ago).....

chev

Nightcrawler
Where were all these anti-gov't big spendors hiding since the Reagan days. How do you think the Cold War ended, from a Reagan speech ? No, we out spent the Russians. Why come out from under your rocks, now ? When will the deniers finally come to the realization that Republicans spend just as much if not more than Democrats.

Really........"O" has spent more than every pres. before him combined...hmmmm

*Please remember.......when all else fails, it's Bush's fault. Now lets all repeat that together. :hypnosis::crazy2:

brett636

Why leave out the Fed Reserve, a body independent of the president, played a key role in setting monetary conditions and supervising the banking industry.
The Federal Reserve allowed interest rates to drop so low that credit became so cheap and easy fraud resulted. Treasury is dragging its feet working with credit markets and banks to solve the issue.
Mortgage and Housing crisis: Bush government did not enforced consumer and credit laws and allowed all these crazy mortgages to be offered.
Energy: Bush did not push hard enough for an energy program and oil prices have risen 200% since 2001.

So if the economy was doing swell, you'd give Bush all the credit in the world, right? But since the economy tanked, (recession) the Ex-President and his supporters will usually say it is the fault of his Democratic "only" predeccessors Clinton(8yrs ago)--Carter(30yrs ago)--and LBJ(40 yrs ago).....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand most of this economic recession had to do with the collapse of the housing market. A market flooded with bad loans which the government forced banks to make based on people's minority status or how poor they are, because as we know home ownership is a right to you libs. Clinton and Carter were the two biggest supporters of this idea of loaning money to people with poor credit worthiness which is why the largest portion of this economic recession lies right on their laps.

fact check

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/worldbusiness/21iht-admin.4.18853088.html

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

WASHINGTON — "We can put light where there's darkness, and hope where there's despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home."

- President George W. Bush, Oct. 15, 2002

... But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.

From his earliest days in office, Bush paired his belief that Americans do best when they own their own homes with his conviction that markets do best when left alone. Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, especially among minority groups, an initiative that dovetailed with both his ambition to expand Republican appeal and the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

av8torntn

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies .

What exactly was your point? You seem to be arguing against yourself.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
What exactly was your point? You seem to be arguing against yourself.

I think his point is primarily this line:

Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, especially among minority groups, an initiative that dovetailed with both his ambition to expand Republican appeal and the business interests of some of his biggest donors.

In any event, though providing new house loans to those who were not credit worthy was indeed a problem, I think that the refinancing game played by tons of us was a bigger problem. Did we use that money to save money and buy down our debt, or increase spending and add ever more debt? We all know the answer.

When the housing market finally reached saturation and the prices started to drop, the house of cards was going to fall no matter if we were giving new house loans to risky people or not.

And when the investment banks started repackaging and selling all this risky debt, why are we surprised this all went sour. Are we supposed to blame poor people for Wall Street's greed and short sightedness?

Best to blame the Fed's manipulations of the economy in order to create wealth where there actually is none.

wkmac

I think his point is primarily this line:

In any event, though providing new house loans to those who were not credit worthy was indeed a problem, I think that the refinancing game played by tons of us was a bigger problem. Did we use that money to save money and buy down our debt, or increase spending and add ever more debt? We all know the answer.

When the housing market finally reached saturation and the prices started to drop, the house of cards was going to fall no matter if we were giving new house loans to risky people or not.

And when the investment banks started repackaging and selling all this risky debt, why are we surprised this all went sour. Are we supposed to blame poor people for Wall Street's greed and short sightedness?

Best to blame the Fed's manipulations of the economy in order to create wealth where there actually is none.

Along the lines of what you said, I just saw this.

klein

Along the lines of what you said, I just saw this.

Thats a good video wkmac !
Yes, things can get much worse yet, before they get better.
With the number of unemployment growing now to 17% (over 7% have run out of those benefits, or just gave up looking), you need to wonder what they are living on. I would assume a lot on credit cards, and maybe small bank loans.
But, thats comming to an end.

It's not looking good.
Stimulus, didn't seem to work.
Put good money into wrong places (like cash4clunkers).

So, whats next ? Ask China for more and more ?

Too be honest, I think the rest of the world, will just find a way to adapt without the USA, being a major factor in global trade.

You may haved watched my BBC video... the economics are shifting, and it's unstoppable.