OBAMA gets another high profile Terror suspect! Who's tough on terror now?

wkmac

Why isn't 1 one of the top 3 republicans leader candidates not speaking out like you ?
I'm just waiting for it, so another candidate drops of the list.

And if all 3 make a statement like you, then it's a sure win for Obama in 2012 !

Because typically speaking, political officials and those seeking election contrary to state myth don't lead but in fact follow. Once more and more people speak out as well as AV just did, then you see a change in direction. Ron Paul's not top 3 but he has spoken out against this.

BTW AV: Nicely said!

klein

Für Meno :)
Like I said, I hope they all speak out against Obama's actions on killing those 2.

See who wins that game.....

klein

Because typically speaking, political officials and those seeking election contrary to state myth don't lead but in fact follow. Once more and more people speak out as well as AV just did, then you see a change in direction. Ron Paul's not top 3 but he has spoken out against this.

BTW AV: Nicely said!

And then what do you wanna do ?
Al Quaida will change directions, and kidnapp Americans instead.
They'll want to trade hostages and so on....

Never ending bloody game.
Besides, I don't think many Americans would support a lengthy, trial & court fees associated with putting those 2 in jail for life or sentencing them to death, after letting them sit on death row for decades or longer.

Not one penny is worth it. Not even a flight back to the States would be worth it.

Good riddens, that's all I can say, and I believe that's what most Americans think, too !

av8torntn

Besides, I don't think many Americans would support a lengthy, trial & court fees associated with putting those 2 in jail for life or sentencing them to death, after letting them sit on death row for decades or longer.

Not one penny is worth it. Not even a flight back to the States would be worth it.

Good riddens, that's all I can say, and I believe that's what most Americans think, too !

I hope you already know that our government has already captured US citizens supporting AQ and brought them back to the States and tried them in the courts.

klein

Nope, the majority would rather have them dead, and save the money.

Gee, your American friend, almost blew up an UPS plane (brought a whole new set of regulations for UPS and Fedex, DHL, etc) for them to deal with.
Almost blew up a plane over Detroit or was it Chicago ?
Responsible for Ft Hood.
And almost blew up Times Square.

And who knows what else ? I think some stuff in England and Spain, too.

Be thankful - GONZO ! UP IN SMOKE !

wkmac

I hope you already know that our government has already captured US citizens supporting AQ and brought them back to the States and tried them in the courts.

Something that surprised me on that thought was that the conviction rate in the citizen courts were vastly higher than the Gitmo courts so for those who are looking for that outcome ie guilty verdict, the evidence seems to suggest public courts is the way to go. The problem is the rules of evidence where in the public courts, the bar is much higher than in the military courts. Even still, a 91% conviction rate with nearly 60% pleading guilty as per a 2009' NPR piece seems pretty strong to me.

wkmac

Why is it not happening already? And besides, if you'd drill down through the State narrative, another truth begins to emerge and the fear driven message of the Ministry of Truth begins to serious wain. Then you might even be ready to consider the source from which The Power of Nightmares really come from.

The monster of Leviathan is a consuming force and the treachery of it's lies are the death stares of the Vampire just moments before it's fatal bite!

av8torntn

Something that surprised me on that thought was that the conviction rate in the citizen courts were vastly higher than the Gitmo courts so for those who are looking for that outcome ie guilty verdict, the evidence seems to suggest public courts is the way to go. The problem is the rules of evidence where in the public courts, the bar is much higher than in the military courts. Even still, a 91% conviction rate with nearly 60% pleading guilty as per a 2009' NPR piece seems pretty strong to me.

I've actually thought about this subject a bit. I just did my first jury duty about a year ago and I understood why the conviction rate is so high. When they were picking the jury the judge asked for a show of hands from anyone who wanted to be there that day. I was the only one to raise my hand and he made me stand up and he asked me why. I said because a jury trial is part of what makes this Country great. It's sad but the primary thing the jury thinks about is going home. This was in a trial where the guy was facing life in prison and every break all anyone talked about was why they didn't hurry the thing up more.

With all of our flaws the best way to fight an oppressive government is with the jury system in my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've actually thought about this subject a bit. I just did my first jury duty about a year ago and I understood why the conviction rate is so high. When they were picking the jury the judge asked for a show of hands from anyone who wanted to be there that day. I was the only one to raise my hand and he made me stand up and he asked me why. I said because a jury trial is part of what makes this Country great. It's sad but the primary thing the jury thinks about is going home. This was in a trial where the guy was facing life in prison and every break all anyone talked about was why they didn't hurry the thing up more.

With all of our flaws the best way to fight an oppressive government is with the jury system in my opinion.

Jury duty pays $40 per day where I live. Most employers do not pay their employees their daily wage when they have to serve. This may be why most folks don't want to be bothered and those who are chosen want to get it over with as soon as possible. I think another reason may be that most of us don't understand all of the procedural issues which must be addressed in order to ensure there will not be a mistrial.

I served on a jury a few years ago; in fact, there were two of us UPSers on the same jury. It was a he said/she said dispute in which both participants appeared to be regulars in this court room. We spent two days listening to testimony and then spent 30 minutes reaching our decision. It was a total waste of everyone's time but I'll take a 3 day mini vacation any day.

wkmac

Jury system is a very strong tool and jury nullification is the 4th check and balance IMO. Last time I got called for jury duty was Federal Jury Duty in the mid 90's and I hung a jury until they changed and came my way. Sure helps when UPS pays the rent so I was there for the longhaul if that's what it took. Haven't been called back since either.
:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Jury duty? We can't even get half the people eligible to vote! We have a voice and can't be bothered to use it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have never been called an I have been registered since I was 18, that was a while ago..............I would love to be called.