Obama or McCain in 08?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At this point, I am leaning to vote for McCain and the reason why has nothing to do with Palin.

My logic comes down to the simple belief that we need balance in government and we all know how badly the Republicans screwed everything up when they had the House of Representatives, Senate and the President.

If the Republicans still had control of House of Representatives and the Senate, I would vote for Obama.

wkmac

At this point, I am leaning to vote for McCain and the reason why has nothing to do with Palin.

My logic comes down to the simple belief that we need balance in government and we all know how badly the Republicans screwed everything up when they had the House of Representatives, Senate and the President.

If the Republicans still had control of House of Representatives and the Senate, I would vote for Obama.

Hoaxster,

Looking back at the 90's and divided gov't I might agree with the logic and I guess is some way it has a point but then when I look at all the economic mess going on right now and look back to some of the roots that came from the 90's I have to wonder just how well that "divided" gov't was really divided and minding the store.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just rec'd our absentee ballots yesterday......I'm home recouperating and I have plenty of time to fill mine out.
McCain/Palin for me !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Obama has already won this race unless Bush pulls Osama out of a hat.

The anti-christ are taking over.
I think you may be right. McCain said from the beginning he wanted to have a clean campaign. Problem is the other candidate is dirty and you would have to roll through the mud to bring up the terrorist radical ties. And it is looking like he isnt going to roll up the rug and sweep out all the dirt the media wont report on.
We will all survive this historic, radical president to be, but I dont know how long it will take to recover.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This campaign for McCain didnt get dirty until he hired Steve Schmidt.

This "dirt bag" has been involved in many republican campaigns over the last 15 years.

When McCain was losing in the primaries, he FIRED all his staff and hired all the BUSH campaign people.

It was Steve Schmidt who took this campaign negative for the record.

Desperate people do desperate things, McCain is demonstrating this.

Too bad its not working.

Steve Schmidt is a veteran campaign strategist and public relations expert. Schmidt is currently working as a campaign strategist and advisor to 2008 Presidential campaign of Senator John McCain[1], which he joined in December 2006.[2]
In his career to date he has been:
  • Communications director for Senate campaign of Matt Fong. (1998)[3]
  • Advisor to Republican presidential candidate Lamar Alexander;[3]
  • Spokesman for the Republican National Congressional Campaign Committee;[3]
  • Chief strategist in charge of Supreme Court nominations of Samuel A. Alito, Jr. and Chief Justice John Roberts; [2]
  • Counselor and spokesman for Vice President Dick Cheney.[3]
  • Member of the exclusive "breakfast club" led by top White House adviser Karl Rove that ran President Bush's re-election campaign. (2004)[2]
  • Campaign Manager for re-election campaign of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. (2006)[2]
Currently Steve Schmidt is working as a campaign strategist and advisor to 2008 Presidential campaign of Senator John McCain. On July 2, 2008, Schmidt was promoted to heading up day to day operations of the McCain campaign in response to concerns that the McCain campaign was losing ground to Obama.[1]

tieguy

Banned
This campaign for McCain didnt get dirty until he hired Steve Schmidt.

This "dirt bag" has been involved in many republican campaigns over the last 15 years.

When McCain was losing in the primaries, he FIRED all his staff and hired all the BUSH campaign people.

It was Steve Schmidt who took this campaign negative for the record.

Desperate people do desperate things, McCain is demonstrating this.

Too bad its not working.

Steve Schmidt is a veteran campaign strategist and public relations expert. Schmidt is currently working as a campaign strategist and advisor to 2008 Presidential campaign of Senator John McCain[1], which he joined in December 2006.[2]

In his career to date he has been:
  • Communications director for Senate campaign of Matt Fong. (1998)[3]
  • Advisor to Republican presidential candidate Lamar Alexander;[3]
  • Spokesman for the Republican National Congressional Campaign Committee;[3]
  • Chief strategist in charge of Supreme Court nominations of Samuel A. Alito, Jr. and Chief Justice John Roberts; [2]
  • Counselor and spokesman for Vice President Dick Cheney.[3]
  • Member of the exclusive "breakfast club" led by top White House adviser Karl Rove that ran President Bush's re-election campaign. (2004)[2]
  • Campaign Manager for re-election campaign of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. (2006)[2]
Currently Steve Schmidt is working as a campaign strategist and advisor to 2008 Presidential campaign of Senator John McCain. On July 2, 2008, Schmidt was promoted to heading up day to day operations of the McCain campaign in response to concerns that the McCain campaign was losing ground to Obama.[1]

McCains campaign has been relatively clean. The democratic strategy has been to call out an impending dirty campaign and to constantly talk as if McCain was running one. all this to try to derail any attempt by the other side to bring up some questionable issues in Obamas closet.

What we have had is not really a dirty campaign but a dishonest one with both sides constantly misrepresenting the truth.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Top Ten Messages Left On Sarah Palin’s Answering Machine.........

10. “Hi, it’s John McCain; I had to go to bed. How’d it go?”

9. “Hi, Katie Couric here. Have you thought of a Supreme Court case yet?”

8. “Hi, it’s Bill Clinton. Let me know when Todd’s out of town.”

7. “My name is Joseph Sixpack — knock it off.”

6. “Hi, Katie Couric again — think of any newspapers yet?”

5. “Buy the Late Show Fun Facts book. It’s a bridge to hilarity.”

4. “John McCain again; could you pick up my prescriptions?”

3. “Senator Larry Craig here — do you have Joe Biden’s phone number?”

2. “McCain again; do you remember where I parked the Straight Talk Express?”

1. “It’s President Bush. If you’re at the debate, who’s watchin’ Russia?”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
McCains campaign has been relatively clean. The democratic strategy has been to call out an impending dirty campaign and to constantly talk as if McCain was running one. all this to try to derail any attempt by the other side to bring up some questionable issues in Obamas closet.

come on.

Are you trying to convince the readers or yourself?