Obama picks another race baiting pastor

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The Messiah really knows how to pick pastors. This is the pastor he and his family went to listen to on Easter. I wonder how Obama will spin this one:

[video=youtube;2fKfTIeWYCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fKfTIeWYCs[/video]

The Messiah really knows how to pick pastors. This is the pastor he and his family went to listen to on Easter. I wonder how Obama will spin this one:

I really don't have a problem with anything he said here. The problem of racism isn't solved in the US and probably never will be, regardless of who is president. 0bama's election didn't solve the problem, in fact if anything it raised the ugly head a little to make it more evident. Yea, there were people that voted against 0 simply because he is black (ok 1/2) and there were people that voted for him, for the same reason, racism is a two way street. Back to the pastor's speech, I didn't hear any hate filled statements or attempts to instigate a "hate the whitey" attitude. I must point out though that in the last few months I have heard many from the left speaking out against politics from the pulpits of conservative churches, was this any different?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I have a problem that this preacher agrees with Rev. Wright. I also have a problem with the president's 'peeps' who don't check things out for the pres. ahead of time . They just let him go to a church with a racist activist for a preacher. You would think they would Google a little bit and check these things out ahead of time to avoid embarrassment for their boss. I'd fire their asses!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The phrase "Jim Crow Law" first appeared in 1904 according to the Dictionary of American English,[2] although there is some evidence of earlier usage.[3] [4] The origin of the phrase "Jim Crow" has often been attributed to "Jump Jim Crow", a song-and-dance caricature of African Americans performed by white actor Thomas D. Rice in blackface, which first surfaced in 1832 and was used to satirize Andrew Jackson's populist policies. As a result of Rice's fame, "Jim Crow" had become a pejorative expression meaning "African American" by 1838, and from this the laws of racial segregation became known as Jim Crow laws.[3]

wkmac

I really don't have a problem with anything he said here. The problem of racism isn't solved in the US and probably never will be, regardless of who is president. 0bama's election didn't solve the problem, in fact if anything it raised the ugly head a little to make it more evident. Yea, there were people that voted against 0 simply because he is black (ok 1/2) and there were people that voted for him, for the same reason, racism is a two way street. Back to the pastor's speech, I didn't hear any hate filled statements or attempts to instigate a "hate the whitey" attitude. I must point out though that in the last few months I have heard many from the left speaking out against politics from the pulpits of conservative churches, was this any different?

I agree in that I didn't see anything wrong with what he said either. And speaking of the Klan and Red Foxx, one of my favs of his went something like this:

My wife thinks I'm in the Klan because she's always telling everyone I'm a wizard under the sheets!
:happy-very: That line always just killed me.

Jeremiah Wright I always thought got a bad rap in his "Chickens have come home to roost" because the large part of America never watched the entire sermon and I'm not one for church but I thought he had a great point in his summation. He concluded by bringing the whole thing back down to oneself and making a self examination on your own account. I thought it was excellent and in the spirit of the christian tradition was quite on target. He spent far more focus on the butts in the pews than the butts that occupy the corridors of power but then the butts in the media never let it go that far now did they?

Funny how when Mandela got elected, there were calls that South Africa would go communist, etc. and yet history shows that was far from the case. Ashame Stephen Biko was never able to see his South Africa today.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have a problem that this preacher agrees with Rev. Wright. I also have a problem with the president's 'peeps' who don't check things out for the pres. ahead of time . They just let him go to a church with a racist activist for a preacher. You would think they would Google a little bit and check these things out ahead of time to avoid embarrassment for their boss. I'd fire their asses!

He's right on the money.