Obama? Really?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by JohnnyO, Oct 16, 2012.

1. JohnnyO

JohnnyO New Member

Why is our union so Pro-Obama? WTF

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Mitt Romney would love to make this a right to work country. I'm not really to into this idea.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Teamsters are generally pro-democrat, not necessarily pro-Obama. We usually tend to prosper as Teamsters when a democrat is in office.

4. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

I would vote for anyone who was in it for the people and not themselves. STILL WAITING

5. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Mitt Romney talks Unions - YouTube

This is in reference to the Political Action Commitees, How many of you have had your dues forcibly deducted from your check and sent to a political campain? Romney wants to make it illigal to collect money for any PAC thru paycheck deductions.

6. grgrcr88

7. grgrcr88

8. grgrcr88

9. grgrcr88

10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

whether or not he's good for the country, Romney is terrible for the Teamsters

11. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

And here lies the problem. Good for the Teamsters, or good for the country, Either way, I feel as though my vote will only screw hard working Americans.

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

What's good for the country IS good for the Teamsters.
    Obama has been really bad for the country.

13. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

In the end, what matters more than anything else is the general economy of the nation. When the US dollar loses its status worldwide due to staggering debt, you will lose your job, pension, healthcare, and home. And your contract with the company won't be worth the paper it is printed on. Asking the teamsters to accept the fact people ought to have a god given right to choose union or not, is of little consequence. All it does is force the union to EARn membership, rather than coerce it. The right to join is constitutional and will never be taken away.
    Voting Romney here.

14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Plenty of non union companies out there. If you don't want to be union at UPS, get the hell out. The same people that whine about all the people sucking off of the Govt without paying in want to suck off of the Union without paying in.

15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Did you ever notice these are the same people that cry about entitlements, as you pointed out?

16. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I have to add just how absolutely hypocritical that is.

17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I really does irritate me to no end.

18. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Kind of like the elderly. They live on entitlements and vote Republican. My father in law is the perfect example. Collects SS, Medicare and lives on a fat State Pension he collected from being a Union Fireman who retired at 51. He hates Obama to the point of rage. Clueless.

19. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

:rofl: My county is full of them!

20. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Never said don't join and support the union, just said don't let their nearsighted, self centered view on elections sway you any. Get the big picture and stop screwing yourself and everyone else.