Obama? Really?

moreluck

golden ticket member
In order for civilization to survive the human race must remain civilized. Romney hasn't provided any indication that he would work for the republic and its citizens...All Of Them. As a country we can't move forward unless we all start walking.

Compromise and civility, not anger and exclusion, is needed.

Romney lost me with that 47% speech.

Romney does have proof.....he was a GOP governor in a Democrat state. He brought people together and there had to be compromise to get things done.

Obama on the other hand has proven he's a "divider" and that just freezes people!!

It's not an "Obama Phone" but of course sounds much better when we get some girl from the 'hood, and we can knock the President.

It's part of the Lifeline Program.

Since 1985, the Lifeline program has provided a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings, including being able to connect to jobs, family and emergency services. In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income consumers on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. Lifeline is part of the Universal Service Fund

Note the Lifeline program started in 1985 during the Reagan administration, and in 2005 the wireless plan was initated, during the Bush administration. This plan is funded by the Universal Service charge on your phone bill.
I didn't know this but am happy I do now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hear nobody saying Reaganphone or Bushphone. That's all I can say. Maybe you should personally set the community straight. So when are you landing at Hopkins?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Dude, It's about stopping the money train now, the debt is out of control. Bush spent and now Obama has doubled down with crap for results..You're right youcan't turn it on a dime but you gotta start some where. Tell us why Obama deserves more than one term when ZERO progress has been made, in fact we're going backwards....

OK, we'll use your analogy.
You can't stop the money train on a dime without violent revolution.
Cold turkey isn't the answer.
Have you seen any census results?
The deficit has been exacerbated by population growth.
While no less a problem, deficit spending has to be reeled in slowly and deliberately.
I believe this to be Obama's plan, but like any out of control train, you can't just slam on the brakes and expect the train to stop without derailing it.

CAFAL

OK, we'll use your analogy.
You can't stop the money train on a dime without violent revolution.
Cold turkey isn't the answer.
Have you seen any census results?
The deficit has been exacerbated by population growth.
While no less a problem, deficit spending has to be reeled in slowly and deliberately.
I believe this to be Obama's plan, but like any out of control train, you can't just slam on the brakes and expect the train to stop without derailing it.

And you also need to take into account that republicans have neen stalling bills because of the election year. They push the uncertainty that slows the economy. Sometimes congress should do what's right for a nation, not the party. Same with votors. Especially the uninformed and ignorant.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And you also need to take into account that republicans have neen stalling bills because of the election year. They push the uncertainty that slows the economy. Sometimes congress should do what's right for a nation, not the party. Same with votors. Especially the uninformed and ignorant.

The president keeps putting off things too.......like everything he promised for his first term he's gonna do in his second.....fool us once etc.
He said so to that Russian dude when the mic was on.....he's the biggest procrastinator and everyone is just ollowing his lead (?)

bluehdmc

Romney does have proof.....he was a GOP governor in a Democrat state. He brought people together and there had to be compromise to get things done.

And initatiated a universal health care plan that was a model for Obamacare.

Obama on the other hand has proven he's a "divider" and that just freezes people!!

Yes and the Republican party didn't spend 7 1/2 yrs trying to get Clinton out of office, turning a questionable land deal, (Whitewater, which the conclusion was nothing illegal was done.) into a discussion about cheating on his wife, (like who's gonna admit to that) and a blue dress.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So did I. But guess what? Neither of us paid $1.9 million! So, neither of us would be justified in demanding that Romney should pay more. But don't mind me. That's just the logic speaking.

Not following your logic.
So how does having more entitle you to pay a smaller percentage?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why has this thread been permitted to stay on this board when so many others have been moved?
Guess the moderators aren't bipartisan.

Notcool

I'm a registered republican but I can no longer support trickle-down economics. It is the reason we are in the state were in. The working class has no purchasing power with stagnate wages alongside inflation. The wealthy don't create jobs if we cannot afford to buy from them. When the rich do create jobs, there offshore because of cheap labor. Tax the rich they will still be rich.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have a 89 yr old woman who says she adopted me, she used to live on my area, and she moved to AZ. She went and switched her vote, voted early and told me " I have been a democrat for 70 yrs, at least raised as one, I cant be one no more, I voted for Romney. I went down and voted early in Cave creek.
I say good for her, almost 90 and she can think for herself. First time I chatted with her in months. No matter what you want to say, this election is hitting nerves in people as never before. I believe it is the election of a lifetime.

Your stepmother sounds like she is in a good position to have her thumb on pulse of the country.
Perhaps you should change the batteries in her remote control.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why has this thread been permitted to stay on this board when so many others have been moved?
Guess the moderators aren't bipartisan.
It stayed in the hopes that people might have a civil discussion this time around.
Speaking for myself I would be perfectly fine having a thread in the UPS forum on how the results of the upcoming election might affect us as UPSers and Teamsters, because I think that's an interesting discussion. The problem is that these threads always dissolve into politically based insults and name calling which is why they end up getting moved to current events with all the other threads that are full of the same stuff.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So did I. But guess what? Neither of us paid $1.9 million! So, neither of us would be justified in demanding that Romney should pay more. But don't mind me. That's just the logic speaking.

Not following your logic.
So how does having more entitle you to pay a smaller percentage?

It doesn't everyone should pay the exact same percentage no write offs nothing just a flat tax. That's as fair as you'll ever get.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It stayed in the hopes that people might have a civil discussion this time around.
Speaking for myself I would be perfectly fine having a thread in the UPS forum on how the results of the upcoming election might affect us as UPSers and Teamsters, because I think that's an interesting discussion. The problem is that these threads always dissolve into politically based insults and name calling which is why they end up getting moved to current events with all the other threads that are full of the same stuff.

They say there are two things that should never be discussed at a party, politics and religion.