Obama sends American troops to Central Africa

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Didnt something like this happen back in the 60s...and they were advisors too.

President Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to central Africa to help local forces battle the Lord's Resistance Army, a rebel group that the administration says has waged a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping for more than two decades.
Obama said Friday the troops will act as advisers in efforts to hunt down rebel leader Joseph Kony but will not engage in combat except in self-defense, according to a letter to Congress that was obtained by Fox News.

The White House says the first troops arrived in Uganda on Wednesday. Ultimately, they will also deploy in South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Congo.
A senior administration official downplayed the notion that the armed troops could be drawn into a hostile, combat situation, saying the move was sparked by Congress passing a law year urging the administration to do something to crack down on the Lord's Resistance Army.

Read more: Obama Sends U.S. Troops To Central Africa To Aid Campaign Against Rebel Group | Fox News

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obama sends American troops to Centeral Africa

President Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to central Africa to help local forces battle the Lord's Resistance Army, a rebel group that the administration says has waged a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping for more than two decades.
Obama said Friday the troops will act as advisers in efforts to hunt down rebel leader Joseph Kony but will not engage in combat except in self-defense, according to a letter to Congress that was obtained by Fox News.

The White House says the first troops arrived in Uganda on Wednesday. Ultimately, they will also deploy in South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Congo.
A senior administration official downplayed the notion that the armed troops could be drawn into a hostile, combat situation, saying the move was sparked by Congress passing a law year urging the administration to do something to crack down on the Lord's Resistance Army.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...st-rebel-group/?test=latestnews#ixzz1an0vh0S8
If he's going to do crap without congress's say so, I wish he would just nuke Iran and N. Korea!!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Look, speculate and pontificate all you want regarding this topic!

I will sit back and wait for the all knowing one(s) to post the true perspective on this topic from the other side and from the great white north.
I am just a dumb hay-seed blonde with boobies with conservative values and a huge bank account.

(This P.O.S. President needs to vacate the house on the hill and I will work hard to secure his eviction notice.)

over9five

Staff member

I am just a dumb hay-seed blonde with boobies with conservative values and a huge bank account.

(This P.O.S. President needs to vacate the house on the hill and I will work hard to secure his eviction notice.)

Marry me.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Look, speculate and pontificate all you want regarding this topic!

I will sit back and wait for the all knowing one(s) to post the true perspective on this topic from the other side and from the great white north.

Oh my God i have got to get to know you...that is hot!!!!:peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Read more: Obama Sends U.S. Troops To Central Africa To Aid Campaign Against Rebel Group | Fox News

If a Republican had done this, you'd be trumpeting the need to for America to go in and "do the right thing". Kind ofl like Bush and Iraq. Remember that one? But since it's Obama, you and FOX will spin-it as a negative.

klein

Für Meno :)

If a Republican had done this, you'd be trumpeting the need to for America to go in and "do the right thing". Kind ofl like Bush and Iraq. Remember that one? But since it's Obama, you and FOX will spin-it as a negative.

Oh, I agree, remember Nicaragua ?
That was a disaster.

But Africa - sure go for it, so they don't keep on starving and the crooks don't steal all the foreign aid.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Well there is the great white north, now for a little of the otherside and my evening will be complet.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

She's hot and owns a snowblower--can't ask for more than that.:wink2:
Wll hey wait a minute.....Im not hot like aj, but I have a snowblower, a 4x4, a snow disc, and, a shovel....and a rc airplane....no wait it got crashed,,,,I have harleys...but I dont have a huge bank account sooooo. aj wins AGAIN

klein

Für Meno :)

Nothing wrong with targeting the evil ! In my opinion the planet doesn't need them.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Wll hey wait a minute.....Im not hot like aj, but I have a snowblower, a 4x4, a snow disc, and, a shovel....and a rc airplane....no wait it got crashed,,,,I have harleys...but I dont have a huge bank account sooooo. aj wins AGAIN

:happy-very: Harley's are a lot of fun. :winks:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

:happy-very: Harley's are a lot of fun. :winks:
Yes i GUESS, I dont ride yet....or drive, my husbands are both solo bikes. Before he teamed up with me( and still) Women climb all over him saying how much they like his Harley, yada yada, (hes pretty hot for an older guy) He tells them (and Ive seen it, when he thought I wasnt there) Oh yeah, you hot young thing, you like to ride harleys????, they cooo yes, he says go buy one. Hes so socially unacceptable

menotyou

bella amicizia

I can't tell you the fun I have had on a Harley. Really. I don't know what the magic is, but it works!:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member

Oh, I agree, remember Nicaragua ?
That was a disaster.

But Africa - sure go for it, so they don't keep on starving and the crooks don't steal all the foreign aid.
Maybe while there, Obama can have all of his family members killed...that'll keep their mouths shut!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

You are so right.
Am I that transparent and self centered?
My concerns are about myself and my stock portfolio. Why should I bother changing channels?
I now understand my Fox News Habit is detrimental to the greater good and I don't care.
I have a trust fund in my future along with the money I slam into my investments monthly.

I vote. I am a Republican and I voted for Bush. You can blame Bush for me voting for him.

(Could someone explain to that P.O.S. living in the White House - people, even a few American people, the last number I recall - 30,000 humans now DEAD as a result of DRUG CARTEL violence in Mexico in the past year.
No biggie.
It is just our neighbor to the South.
--- never mind.
It is not important.)