Obama telling lies in the state of the union speech

wkmac

Come on, businesses knew obama was coming in November. Maybe liberals don't plan for the future, but businesses do. Obama has never said anything positive about the US until the state of the union. Personally I have donated a fraction of what I did prior to 2008. Why? Uncertainty, the man changes the rules on a whim.

Funny, I donate to causes based on their worth not based on what some gov't policy is. I also donate to causes that best undercut gov't actions in the same segment of society. If private operations make the gov't efforts obsolete by virtue of people choosing private over the State, then I consider that having struck a "Blow Against the Empire!"

Erode the customer base as a means of moving them out of that business.

All about POV and what you truly believe in I guess!
:peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When Odrama mentioned atomic power and drilling offshore, someone should've had a bill ready and stuck it under his nose and said "SIGN" !!
That's a great idea (seriously!), but in order for that to happen the republicans in congress would have had to, you know, actually do something besides hoping that Obama fails to do anything and praying that the economy stays in the dumps. They don't care about anything besides regaining power, and the safest way to do that is make sure that absolutely nothing gets done and let the ruling party take the heat for it.

wkmac

That's a great idea (seriously!), but in order for that to happen the republicans in congress would have had to, you know, actually do something besides hoping that Obama fails to do anything and praying that the economy stays in the dumps. They don't care about anything besides regaining power, and the safest way to do that is make sure that absolutely nothing gets done and let the ruling party take the heat for it.

OK, before I make a point I have to ask something OT. Is this really an actual quote?

I am not Obama fan, but he our leader.
I $uk at english and proper verbage but I'm starting to really feel better about myself!
:happy-very:

Now back on topic:

You mean like the republicans could have done with Clinton and Gore when they talked about privatizing Social Security and instead went Triple X and chasing pecker tracks? I've come to the conclusion they really don't want any of this stuff but it's just a good subterfuge for electoral purposes! You have to actually have some principles and ideals to understand when the fire is hot and to take advantage of a situation offered!

:wink2:

Funny, I donate to causes based on their worth not based on what some gov't policy is. I also donate to causes that best undercut gov't actions in the same segment of society. If private operations make the gov't efforts obsolete by virtue of people choosing private over the State, then I consider that having struck a "Blow Against the Empire!"

Erode the customer base as a means of moving them out of that business.

All about POV and what you truly believe in I guess!
:peaceful:

I agree, but the amount I donate depends on my resources. And quite frankly gov't policy has the ability to take ones resources. Don't get me wrong, I probably still donate more than the average Joe Biden.

tieguy

Banned
Dec 08, 650,000 jobs lost, Jan 09 700,000 jobs lost, Feb 09 650,000 jobs lost before Obama was sworn in and before his Recovery Act was signed. Every month since then, Job loss has subsided gradually each month to hardly any jobs lost recently and studies show 2 million jobs saved as well. Your sharing nothing but typical Republican misinformation to the public, and your constituents are gullible enough to believe it...

Diesel the problem is we are not gullible enough to believe all the liberal misinformation. January , feb and march are straight from Obama's mouth and seem to forget the point that Obama was in congress the last four years.

You did know Obama was in congress the last four years did you not?

tieguy

Banned

Do what? Every effort to add anything to the processes is rebuffed by the liberals. Republicans don't have the votes to make any changes and despite Obama wonderful rhetoric his actions have said otherwise.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
OK, before I make a point I have to ask something OT. Is this really an actual quote?
Yes, it's an actual quote from UPSSOCKS, [-]click his name for the originating post[/-]. For some reason it cracks me up :happy-very:
edit- it used to link to the post where he said that, now it says page not found. Go figure....
edit#2- fixed it. someone changed the name of the thread because "tea bagger" is such a terrible, terrible word :rolleyes:

diesel96

Diesel the problem is we are not gullible enough to believe all the liberal misinformation. January , feb and march are straight from Obama's mouth and seem to forget the point that Obama was in congress the last four years.

You did know Obama was in congress the last four years did you not?

Not only do Rep's try crediting job losses solely to Obama before his bill was signed into legislation, but they try to hide the deficit numbers accumulated by the borrowed projected costs of Iraq/Afgh Wars not yet paid for in the Bush years, and the lost revenue of the Bush tax cuts, and the Bush handout to the pharmacuetical companies....we will be paying for the previous Administrations blunders for many years to come, that's not including Obama's recovery act and reinvestment purchases and the new War efforts in the Middle East.

Do what? Every effort to add anything to the processes is rebuffed by the liberals. Republicans don't have the votes to make any changes and despite Obama wonderful rhetoric his actions have said otherwise.

As minorities, your in no position to offer ultimatums and, "all or nothing" propositions....If you can't bend or be willing to be flexible, then stay out of the way. The Dem's have a hard enough time dealing with their own idiot Blue Dog Conservatives like Neb Senator Ben Nelson who's expected to be payed off on every vote.....Just admit it, your in the GOP Sen Jim DeMint mode.....If we're able to stop Obama on anything and everything, it will be his Waterloo.....

tieguy

Banned
Not only do Rep's try crediting job losses solely to Obama before his bill was signed into legislation, but they try to hide the deficit numbers accumulated by the borrowed projected costs of Iraq/Afgh Wars not yet paid for in the Bush years, and the lost revenue of the Bush tax cuts, and the Bush handout to the pharmacuetical companies....we will be paying for the previous Administrations blunders for many years to come, that's not including Obama's recovery act and reinvestment purchases and the new War efforts in the Middle East.

I don't know what republicans you're referring to. I personally would not give him total blame for it but I would like him and his liberal buddies to acknowledge that congress had responsibility too. Is someone feeling a little defensive about their presidential god?

wkmac

I agree, but the amount I donate depends on my resources. And quite frankly gov't policy has the ability to take ones resources. Don't get me wrong, I probably still donate more than the average Joe Biden.

I completely understand that but where you can, give what support you can even if it's just your time. The more private efforts grow and become the preferred choice, the less people will use the public choices and then at what point do they need to exist? Then the debate to end centers around the fact that no one is even using them or needs them at all. Why have a bureau of horse and buggies!
:wink2:

wkmac

The democrats and republicans have always blamed the other for this ill or that but the truth is they both are in bed together. The bubbles that caused the economic meltdown were promoted through policy advocated by both parties. The party that holds the White House tends to get the blame (we need our 2 minute hate) but the truth is when one looks at the Congressional Record, who voted and who advocated in committee, the real reason is almost always across party lines without exception. They all supported this mess and what led up to it.

Democrats love to blame Bush for Iraq but the simple fact is Clinton and the Congress in 98' (democrats and republicans) passed the Iraq Liberation Act (notice Sec. 4, paragraph 2) with a 360 to 38 approval vote in the House and a unamious consent vote in the Senate and all subsequent votes have been to affirm that decision in respect to Iraq, even to this day, so democrats can scream all they want about Bush but the truth is, their party representatives in the Congress loaded the gun and handed it to Bush and told him to shoot it! Now they and their President are not only loading more but in new and more exotic places. Murray Rothbard was correct when he took Randolph Borne's quote "War is the health of the State" and said, "Warfare and Welfare is the Health of the State."

And the same thing goes for the economic meltdown. When the Federal Reserve was created in 1913', many people said that the dollar would become worthless and America would become a debtor nation. Well it took 100 years but here we are. Do we blame Obama or even Bush and the current Congress for what Wilson and his buddies created in the first place? We blame Obama and Bush for the current choices or inactions dealing with an effect but they were not the root cause.

Bretton Woods took nearly 30 years to collaspe but do we blame Nixon and allow everyone from FDR through LBJ to escape their part in all of this? Does Reagan share sole responsibility for the national debt ignoring what was accumulated before and then after Reagan? But here's the real key factor in all of this. Has the folks who hired all these people in the first place ever uttered a real word of objection, ever stood up and shouted STOP! Ever had the guts to walk to one of them and tell them point blank I refuse to lend any support to you or others like you who refuse to have backbone and stand up and address the real problems and honestly search for the root causes, no matter where that search may lead, and then change what we are doing and try and help to make it better. No? If the buck in the private world stops at the boss, the one who hired the worker, then why is that any different in the public world? Or am I just being arrogant again? Que up the bucket head dog video as I feel it will be needed very shortly.

Economics is not something that happens immediate and overnight, it's a long process over time. You might get some immediate changes from actions but these are ever rarely sustainable over the longterm and the politicians know this. All they have to do is manipulate the system long enough to get through the next election cycle and then their job is to only manipulate it again to get to the next election cycle. Why make the hard choices and actual fix something when you can take the easy way out but your still getting rich and holding power so why should you care? This has been going on for well over 100 years and time is finally catching up. They are losing the means to manipulate unless they now resort to more draconian measures to protect themselves and mark my word, they are and will be doing that.

Did the good democrats who champion the little guy ever once sit down and look at the hard facts at how gov't (yes even their favorite party) actually creates an underclass to serve the master in the first place? A class that grows daily with no real change in sight. And tell me, what does a dollar that continues to lose value do to the poor and those who can't find a job? So the gov't needs to step in you say? OK. Where does the money come from? Corporations? And I have no love for them either but the simple fact is, they embedd these taxes back into the products and services they sell to the very underclass you say you want to help and I want to see them helped too and I doubt you'll find anyone here who doesn't want to do the same. I know it sounds good but we've been doing this all for the last 100 years if not more and where has it gotten us now? Did you ever think it's the corporate lobbyist who control gov't anyway who created and push this sham just as a means of promoting feel goodism while they laugh their :censored2: off rolling in greater and greater profits, thanks to gov't interventions, cartelizations and monopolies of industries all but barring entrepreneurial entry into the market place and all they do is take the average folks money from the right pocket, move it around a few times so they lose sight of it and put it back in their left while convincing them this is all something new. And we poor saps feel grateful!

Stop thinking money and start thinking "your labor!" White collar or Blue Collar makes no difference. Your labor is the commodity, the value, the worth, not a state created monopoly private corporation whose created from thin air medium of exchange they have a monopoly system on that we all are chasing. Locke should have said "the right to life, liberty and the fruits of your labor" because it's the fruits of labor that create property in the first place. Life and liberty is the fruits of labor but for some reason we just seem to not grasp that point.

And did the good republicans ever look at the hard facts of where their party kills the true free market system (don't say a word about democrats, look at yourself since you claim the defender of) and violates time and time again long established good and sound economic principles that destroy the individual entrepreneurial spirit that made America the freedom and economic marvel of the 19th century? It's own imperialism not withstanding. Oh and the defense of the unborn. A positive quality no doubt and although I share in that belief personally, I don't advocate a State goon with a gun to enforce it but here's where your good christian values goes flying out the window. Save the unborn but champion the unwarranted killing of the young "BORN" child in open warfare and then wash it all away with the claim of collateral damage. Those who claim to be followers of Christ, (a banner often waved by republicans) no matter how nominal, please show me any parable, lesson, teaching of Christ where the killing of any innocent person for any means is a justifible and accepted process? Right to Life you are? The only difference between yourself and an abortion doctor is that you wait until they are born and unlike the doctor, you get someone else and pay them to do the killing for you all in the name of your own needs and self interests. Now if ever there was a true definition of greed!

But take heart repubs, you have a good friend indeed in your crusade of death and destruction
[video=youtube;x4PgpbQfxgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo[/video]

See dems you are no better when all is said and done! So much for "It's for the children" or "it takes a village!"

So to you party clowns, go ahead and live in your dream world but one day soon you will be forced to awaken to a nightmare and on so many levels it won't be pretty.

wkmac

I like this it so represents you. Anyone notice our libertarian friend continously attacks conservatives and begrudgingly gives the democrats one every now and then?

[video=youtube;rba299bVoZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rba299bVoZI[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just trying to warn you about the measurement police! I guess someone is hung up about how long things are around here. Sounds like a short guy syndrome to me.

wkmac

Just trying to warn you about the measurement police! I guess someone is hung up about how long things are around here. Sounds like a short guy syndrome to me.

I'm sure it's not a woman because I've never heard any woman complain about it being to long!
:winks:

Besides, I thought BC has an algorithm that kicks in once a post gets a certain length and prevents you from posting!