Obama the Arrogant...."Im the 4th best president"

wkmac

President Obama might be under some illusion he's the 4th best President but the foundational core which took him into office is literally eroding right out from under his 4th rate feet.

[video=youtube;-tO2irR2Wj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tO2irR2Wj8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And Cenk is right about Gingrich but even worse the republican idiots will vote in a replacement just as bad. Just as Obama is Bush term 3, if the republicans carry the day, their voting track record is they'll vote in Obama term 2 under the label republican.

Oh, don't like what I said about stupid republicans? Then on election day proven me wrong and for :censored2:ING once vote in somebody who actually reins in gov't. Otherwise stop pretending to be WHAT YOU AIN'T!

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H.L. Mencken

President Obama might be under some illusion he's the 4th best President but the foundational core which took him into office is literally eroding right out from under his 4th rate feet.

[video=youtube;-tO2irR2Wj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tO2irR2Wj8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And Cenk is right about Gingrich but even worse the republican idiots will vote in a replacement just as bad. Just as Obama is Bush term 3, if the republicans carry the day, their voting track record is they'll vote in Obama term 2 under the label republican.

Oh, don't like what I said about stupid republicans? Then on election day proven me wrong and for :censored2:ING once vote in somebody who actually reins in gov't. Otherwise stop pretending to be WHAT YOU AIN'T!
Oh you sound so tuff when you talk dirty. LOL

bbsam

Staff member
I'll give you that Obama is probably arrogant, but why the double standard? As Wk points out, there is not a single republican candidate that lacks this, uh, quality/attribute. But for them, the right seems to cheer loudest for the brashest display of hubris. Why?

I'll give you that Obama is probably arrogant, but why the double standard? As Wk points out, there is not a single republican candidate that lacks this, uh, quality/attribute. But for them, the right seems to cheer loudest for the brashest display of hubris. Why?
Simple, to try to win.
There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Would you support someone that is not confident that they can do better than the others wanting to take on the task? Don't kid yourself, all people are drawn to confidence.

bbsam

Staff member
Simple, to try to win.
There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Would you support someone that is not confident that they can do better than the others wanting to take on the task? Don't kid yourself, all people are drawn to confidence.
And the difference between confidence and arrogance is...?

bbsam

Staff member
Wouldn't that be interpretation ?
Ok. So the difference between arrogance and confidence is interpretation, not delivery and interpretation is a function of the listener not the speaker. Therefore, when someone sees Obama as arrogant and Gingrich/Cain/Bachman/Perry/Paul as confident we are told more about the listener than we are about the speaker.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ar·ro·gant adj \ˈer-ə-gənt, ˈa-rə-\

Definition of ARROGANT

: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>

: showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <an arrogant reply>

ar·ro·gant·lyadverb

I think exaggerating your improtance in an overbearing manner fits Obama. He has displayed the action of "do it my way or I'll take my toys home" many times. He's like a bully. Maybe in his youth, someone instilled the self pride (which is good) a little too much and gave him an attitude......JMO.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Could it be the President's skin color? Nah...