Obama the Arrogant...."Im the 4th best president"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, he's half black, we all hate his guts and rue the day he took office.........there, are you happy now??

Nah, skin color has nothing to do with it. If you want arrogant, look at Newt Gingrich. Obama doesn't hold a candle to that glob of goo.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nah, skin color has nothing to do with it. If you want arrogant, look at Newt Gingrich. Obama doesn't hold a candle to that glob of goo.
Newt actually has the knowledge to back up his arrogance.....you know, like TOS pretends to do, but lacks the knowledge.
As far as the 'glob', I agree. He could look much fitter for 68.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Newt actually has the knowledge to back up his arrogance.....you know, like TOS pretends to do, but lacks the knowledge.
As far as the 'glob', I agree. He could look much fitter for 68.

The knowledge of how to work the system to his (Newt's) advantage. You do remember this is the same guy who was booted-out as Speaker of the House? He's a jerk. An arrogant, uppity jerk.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Could it be the President's skin color? Nah...

And yet again he plays the race card because that is all he has...Typical Democrat Mantra.

raceee card.jpg
raceee card.jpg

Ok. So the difference between arrogance and confidence is interpretation, not delivery and interpretation is a function of the listener not the speaker. Therefore, when someone sees Obama as arrogant and Gingrich/Cain/Bachman/Perry/Paul as confident we are told more about the listener than we are about the speaker.

That's not what I said. You asked me the difference in confidence and arrogance. As Moreluck's dictionary quote shows arrogance comes from the the speaker and that comes from the delivery. If a speaker says he thinks he is best qualified to do the job, that shows confidence. If a person says, " I am the greatest" that shows arrogance. The interpretation does come from the listener but it is based on what the speaker says/does. Misinterpretation can cause the perception of arrogance but that still originates from the speaker. Of course a simple confident statement can be misinterpreted as arrogant, but we do know from repeated claims that zer0bama has made that he is an arrogant buffoon. He didn't (as he claims) get Bin Laden, it just happened on his watch with his permission. Just one example.

HAHAHA, nice try but very weak.

Atta boy, keep plugging away. If one diversion doesn't work try another approach. FAIL
The conversation is about zer0bama not NG. FAIL # 2 in the same thread.

Zer0bama is an arrogant liar.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me help you out trp. I've already agreed that Obama is likely quite arrogant. But if you think anyone running for that office is less arrogant and more confident, then that is the result of partisan blindness. Confidence may be a thin veil, butto not see the arrogance for what it is is silly.

Ok. So the difference between arrogance and confidence is interpretation, not delivery and interpretation is a function of the listener not the speaker. Therefore, when someone sees Obama as arrogant and Gingrich/Cain/Bachman/Perry/Paul as confident we are told more about the listener than we are about the speaker.

Let me help you out trp. I've already agreed that Obama is likely quite arrogant. But if you think anyone running for that office is less arrogant and more confident, then that is the result of partisan blindness. Confidence may be a thin veil, butto not see the arrogance for what it is is silly.
Let me help you out. I never said that any of the people running for the presidency was not arrogant. Just arguing the difference of arrogance and confidence and I said there was a fine line between the two. I've also said in other threads that I think anyone that runs for political office of any level, preforms on a public stage or in film all have a bit of arrogance about them. It's the nature of the beast, but some take it to extremes.

804brown

Ron Paul for President!

I'll see your Ron Paul and raise you with a Ralph Nader. Romney as the repub, obama as the dem, paul as the libertarian, and nader as the green. Ive heard former mayor of salt lake city is running on the Justice Party for president.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's not what I said. You asked me the difference in confidence and arrogance. As Moreluck's dictionary quote shows arrogance comes from the the speaker and that comes from the delivery. If a speaker says he thinks he is best qualified to do the job, that shows confidence. If a person says, " I am the greatest" that shows arrogance. The interpretation does come from the listener but it is based on what the speaker says/does. Misinterpretation can cause the perception of arrogance but that still originates from the speaker. Of course a simple confident statement can be misinterpreted as arrogant, but we do know from repeated claims that zer0bama has made that he is an arrogant buffoon. He didn't (as he claims) get Bin Laden, it just happened on his watch with his permission. Just one example.

HAHAHA, nice try but very weak.

Atta boy, keep plugging away. If one diversion doesn't work try another approach. FAIL
The conversation is about zer0bama not NG. FAIL # 2 in the same thread.

Zer0bama is an arrogant liar.

Most politicians are arrogant liars. It's just part of the game. Obama is less of a liar than most, but whenever minorities (especially Blacks) show any pride, backbone, or flair, they are labeled "arrogant" or "uppity". The Tea Party can't come right out and go after Obama because he's Black, so they do it using terminology that gets the message across while simultaneously protecting themselves from being called-out as racist. They don't call him the N-word, or lazy, or any of the usual sterotypes directly...they use code. Just like the pictures of the cymbal-playing monkey, the charicatures that depict Obama as ape-like or any of the "clever" devices the Right uses to send it's lemmings the message that they don't like a Black guy in the White House either, and are doing everything they can to get rid of him.

"Man-child", "arrogant", "uppity", and all the rest are tossed out there every day by Rush, and then repeated almost verbatim by his local wannabees. It isn't very hard to read between the lines.

OK, so now accuse me of playing the race card or one of your usual diversions that "prove" that the Right isn't racist.

wkmac

I'll see your Ron Paul and raise you with a Ralph Nader. Romney as the repub, obama as the dem, paul as the libertarian, and nader as the green. Ive heard former mayor of salt lake city is running on the Justice Party for president.

You speak of Rocky Anderson and yes they have formed the Justice Party for him to run under. There is speculation that Ron Paul will do the independent thingy when the GOP venture plays out and if this comes to past, many have speculated a Paul/Nader ticket which on it's face creates a very interesting dynamic. But to me a real winner along those lines would be a Paul/Feingold ticket. Feingold is very strong on the civil liberties side and in light of the recent security state enhancements, a Feingold VP could prove powerful in the Senate on that issue. If Paul does run 3rd party, I do expect that kind of out of the box pick in regards to his VP. Also with a republican/democrat duality at the top, it'd be harder to attack while not seeming to attack the fundamental narratives on which each political party has built itself up on. I'd like to see it just to sit back and watch the oligarchic elite and how they would try to attack it all.

On a humorous note, there are times when elective politics could almost qualify as it's own soap opera with so much drama and storylines going on. LOL! I mean come on, stories of greedy drive for power, wealth by questionable means, charges of secret affairs and of course the heroic principled underdog. Eat your heart out National Enquirer!
:laughing: