Obama...the Warmonger president

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, your past president elector is against it !
Mc Cain that is... - he wants the troops to stay !

So, where does the republican party actually stand on this issue ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I'm pretty sure we would rather listen to the generals' opinions & other military experts instead of a community organizer looking to snag another term as "the transparent one".

klein

I'm pretty sure we would rather listen to the generals' opinions & other military experts instead of a community organizer looking to snag another term as "the transparent one".

ok, then , please give up the title of "Commander in Chief" - let the generals decide !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't have the title, so it's not mine to give up. Write to Obama at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington D.C. and ask him to give it up.
You asked a question and I answered it.

klein

So, it's wrong to listen to Nato, UN and arabic countries ? It all depends on the general, (not in charge, yet) ?

P

pickup

Worry less about our country and pay more attention to that fascist anti-christ ,Stephen Harper, your beloved prime minister.

klein

Oh my,,, whatever will the US do.... lets give up now..... we give... powerhouse Canada is leaving

The US is more then welcome to leave, just Obama needs to talk himself out of Nato and make up a good excuse.
The remaining 27-nation alliance can finish the job on it's own, even though it's not as many as the "49 nation alliance" Bush had with Iraq.

Since some countries have already recognized the rebels as the official government, I suppose that means they need to stay until the new governemnt takes over power. So, it could be longer term, but atleast you have the citizens doing their own homework.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
logistics.......plane refueling.
The US is handling that, now if Italy and the US drop out , just where are the planes going to land to refuel ?
Maybe in the rebel areas they could make an air base, but that would require ground troops to maintain and secure the area, quite possibly making them and the airbase a military target, so more troops would be needed to secure that possible threat. And still more troops to protect all those troops and the supply line from the coastline to the airbase, after all more physical equipment would be needed to properly run such an operation. Pretty soon libya would be over run with foreign troops.

klein

logistics.......plane refueling.
The US is handling that, now if Italy and the US drop out , just where are the planes going to land to refuel ?
Maybe in the rebel areas they could make an air base, but that would require ground troops to maintain and secure the area, quite possibly making them and the airbase a military target, so more troops would be needed to secure that possible threat. And still more troops to protect all those troops and the supply line from the coastline to the airbase, after all more physical equipment would be needed to properly run such an operation. Pretty soon libya would be over run with foreign troops.

Quatar and Kuwait are particpating, that's even closer then Italy !

wkmac

When the pictures of Obama and many cabinet members in the Situation room went public following the execution of Osama bin Laden, what struck me as odd was where the President was seated in relation to everyone else in the room. When I saw this picture maybe it was just timing but the fact that the President was sitting outside and away so to speak from the table just seemed odd to me. That image regardless of meaning or intent just struck me and left me questioning.

Then today, at Vermont Commons website, I read this piece that posed an interesting question and harkened back to that May 2nd photo. I often wondered just how much Bush was often in the loop and Obama seems to beg the question even more. Now I would ask, are those vacations everyone screams about his choosing or are the Clintonestas he wrongly choose for his cabinet scuddling the ship? It would explain a lot in the way of broken promises but more so is the fact that the democrat party may be getting hijacked from within by neo-con interests under the guises of neo-liberalism and the dirty scoundrels in the DLC! Just like the same forces that killed paleo-conservatism in the corridors of power, so to does it seem the same forces have killed paleo-liberalism as well. Seems to me the power brokers more than anyone else are the real people who like things from the middle.