Obama Threatens Action in Libya

Originally Posted by wkmac

In a certain way I would agree but more to the core, they abdicate that duty for purely political reasons. In the current climate they can let someone else make the hard choices and then stick their finger in the air to measure the political winds and just follow that lead thus avoiding the blame at the end of the day. Now you could translate that into "$$$$$$" as the final answer and thus why in the big scheme of things this is correct.
I was just cutting to the chase as the $$$$$$ being the core purpose. Of course the $$$$$ equates to political power as well. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is the horse and which is the cart.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
:winks:
Solution to the problem in Libya:
They want a new Muslim leader, I say, give them ours.
Solves 2 problems.

Birthers.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

So whether we cut it Wk's way or slice it yours, it's not so much a matter of legality at all. Just one more way the president and congress ignore the Constitution and do whatever they want. Ane we a left wanting an illusion of trust. So as I said before, what difference does it make.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two different issues
The "birther" in the cartoon spoke partial truth...he MAY have a BC from Hawaii, but no one has seen it.
According to the current gov. in Hi, the only thing found was a notation in the state records .
I suggest one look carefully at the COLB that has been released; in the lower left side " Date filed by Registrar " .
Not " Accepted by Registrar " as an official document normally shows.

wkmac

So whether we cut it Wk's way or slice it yours, it's not so much a matter of legality at all. Just one more way the president and congress ignore the Constitution and do whatever they want. Ane we a left wanting an illusion of trust. So as I said before, what difference does it make.

So then I can count on you to join me in Novemeber and instead of going to the polls, you take that time and do something vastly more productive with it!

wkmac

Interesting words when you visit the past.

[video=youtube;_dRFJ6CF2Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRFJ6CF2Mw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

wkmac

Press Center

Home » Press Center » Press Releases » Treasury Identifies 14 Companies Owned by Libya’s National Oil Corporation as Subject to Sanctions
Treasury Identifies 14 Companies Owned by Libya’s National Oil Corporation as Subject to Sanctions

3/22/2011
Page Content
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today identified 14 companies owned by Libya’s National Oil Corporation, as subject to sanctions pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13566.

The National Oil Corporation is the centerpiece of Libya’s state-owned oil apparatus, and controls a network of companies involved in oil exploration, production, and sale. E.O. 13566 blocks all property and interests in property of the Government of Libya and its agencies, instrumentalities and controlled entities within U.S. jurisdiction, whether specifically identified by OFAC or not. U.S. persons are prohibited from engaging in business with any Libyan state-owned entity. Today’s identifications are intended to aid financial institutions in meeting their obligations under E.O. 13566.

“The Libyan National Oil Corporation has been a primary funding source for the Qadhafi regime,” said OFAC Director Adam J. Szubin. “Consistent with UN Security Council Resolution 1973, all governments should block the National Oil Corporation's assets and ensure that Qadhafi cannot use this network of companies to support his activities.”

Treasury will continue monitoring the National Oil Corporation’s operations in Libya. Should National Oil Corporation subsidiaries or facilities come under different ownership and control, Treasury may consider authorizing dealings with such entities.

OFAC identified the following as companies owned by of Libya’s National Oil Corporation:
  1. Arabian Gulf Oil Company
  2. Azzawiya Oil Refining Company
  3. Brega Petroleum Marketing Company
  4. Harouge Oil Operations
  5. Jamahiriya Oil Well Fluids And Equipment
  6. Mediterranean Oil Services Company
  7. Mediterranean Oil Services GMBH
  8. National Oil Fields and Terminals Catering Company
  9. North African Geophysical Exploration Company
  10. National Oil Wells Drilling and Workover Company
  11. Ras Lanuf Oil And Gas Processing Company
  12. Sirte Oil Company for Production Manufacturing of Oil and Gas
  13. Zueitina Oil Company
  14. Waha Oil Company
Something about the statement:
"Treasury will continue monitoring the National Oil Corporation’s operations in Libya. Should National Oil Corporation subsidiaries or facilities come under different ownership and control, Treasury may consider authorizing dealings with such entities."
that just makes me pause with a long Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

wkmac

Why do you think it is ridiculous? What makes it paranoid?

I would start with, "because he wasn't born here means he will do something evil to us!" "He's a secret muslim sooooo....."

When I look at what all the evil that was done to us by Presidents who were born here..........

:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
And they told me you didn't like LSD but I told them it all depended on the form it took. See I was right!
:wink2:

Exactly! I stopped smoking crack and now I can't stay away from car dealers! Mustang or Camaro? It's killing me!