Obama Wins - Unionizing Fed Ex

705red

Browncafe Steward
i will be out volunteering to help the fedex employees join. Everyone of us should start the leg work and talk to your fedex guys and gals and start pointing out the positives of joining.

paidslave

No need to unionize..Let do our job and prove we are better. The employees will follow suit! Make your customers happy and make no shortcuts or mistakes we made in the past.

Get our business back!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
With all the bad crap Pres.-Elect Obama is inheriting unionizing Fedex should be on his "I can make this happen" list.

IMO. the unionization of Fed ex would be a good thing for UPS and for the Fed Ex employees. However I don't see it a anything that should be on any President's list of things to do.

Hawaii50

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think the first thing he will do is re-distribute all of you guys's wealth:peaceful:

Rod, you retirees should be concerned.
The similarities of the new administration to Carter's administration are many and in particular the large national debt.

One of the easiest ways to reduce the national debt is to let inflation go up. Not the 21% of Carter but 7 - 8 % is possible and more important - doable through administration policies.
5 years at 7% inflation and your non-COLA based pension has been reduced by 30% in terms of buying power.

Although eligible for retirement next year, I am planning to work 3 - 4 more years at this point and the inflation aspect has become the most influential reason for my delay.

I will re-evaluate when I retire as we move through the next 4 years.

I don't make over 250,000 dollars a year. So he won't be touching my money.

I don't make $250,000 a year, but my taxes will be going up...My mom has some rental property with about 40-50 tenants...Their rent will be going up.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
IMO. the unionization of Fed ex would be a good thing for UPS and for the Fed Ex employees...

Absolutely. If UPS is burdoned by huge pay/benefit commitments, we should definately be sure that all of our competitors have the same bloated baggage to carry. It's not fair that only UPS employee's must suffer, and I will be the first in the picket lines outside of FedEx once I get laid off.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, you retirees should be concerned.
quote]

My wife is the one that is concerned----I told her SHE may have to go back to work:happy2: I have said before that I'm all for everyone continuing to work. The more Union dues paid in and Social Security tax collected the safer I feel:peaceful: I am going to enjoy what I have earned while I'm young enough and healthy enough. I just finnished reading the morning paper and another guy I graduated with died at 59. That makes 2 in the last month and I'm not ready to cash in my chips yet- I'm having way too much fun:peaceful:

What makes anyone think that the people who earn over $250k,or us for that matter, are going to stop playing the same games to minimize their taxes that they have been playing up to now? Deductions,loopholes,losses,whats going to change?