Obama's approval rating takes another hit...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The Messiahs approval rating along with the Dems sinks to a new low.

Adding to Democratic woes, people have grown increasingly opposed to the health care overhaul in the weeks since it became law; 50 percent now oppose it, the most negative measure all year. People also have a dim view of the economy though employers have begun to add jobs, including 162,000 in March. Just as many people rated the economy poor this month — 76 percent — as did last July.
And it could get worse for Democrats: One-third of those surveyed consider themselves tea party supporters, and three-quarters of those people are overwhelmingly Republicans or right-leaning independents. That means they are more likely to vote with the GOP in this fall's midterms, when energized base voters will be crucial amid the typical low turnout of a non-presidential election year.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Adding to Democratic woes, people have grown increasingly opposed to the health care overhaul in the weeks since it became law; 50 percent now oppose it, the most negative measure all year. People also have a dim view of the economy though employers have begun to add jobs, including 162,000 in March. Just as many people rated the economy poor this month — 76 percent — as did last July.
And it could get worse for Democrats: One-third of those surveyed consider themselves tea party supporters, and three-quarters of those people are overwhelmingly Republicans or right-leaning independents. That means they are more likely to vote with the GOP in this fall's midterms, when energized base voters will be crucial amid the typical low turnout of a non-presidential election year.

Poll numbers don't matter to bho, because he already knows that his ideas are correct for all people.

diesel96

The Tea-Jhad Canidate got his clock cleaned down here in SOFLA like 65 % to 35 %...Deutch vs Lynch....Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out for ya ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"AND, like it or not, we're still a super power..." what leader talks that way ??!! (like that's a bad thing)

wkmac

It can be when a disproportionate amount of your GDP is spent on defense. Just look at Russia.

Very good point. All empires in history have followed the same course on their way out and we are no different. And I use the "oldspeak" term empire as opposed to the "Newspeak" term Super Power but small differences aside, they are in a real sense the same thing.

klein

Für Meno :)
Very good point. All empires in history have followed the same course on their way out and we are no different. And I use the "oldspeak" term empire as opposed to the "Newspeak" term Super Power but small differences aside, they are in a real sense the same thing.

Yup, all part of our history.
Sad thing is, that's all the US in now. A Superpower in regards of military and weapons. But, lost "Power-house" Status, long ago.
So far off, that the US couldn't even become a part of the European Union, even if they wanted to.

Since only countries with a debt to GDP Ratio of 60% or under are allowed to join.
The US is currently at 86% - 89%.

klein

We've been trying to do that for the last 120 years so I'm with her on that point!
:peaceful:

Just saying, US credit is worse then any European Nation in the EU ! So , bad, they couldn't even join.
But yet, countries like Slovenia can.

Just saying, US credit is worse then any European Nation in the EU ! So , bad, they couldn't even join.
But yet, countries like Slovenia can.

Is the US defaulting? That is like saying a company should be delisted because they are under $1 even though they have one of the biggest market cap on the exchange.

klein

Is the US defaulting? That is like saying a company should be delisted because they are under $1 even though they have one of the biggest market cap on the exchange.

Let me tell you it this way :
If you were a foreigner and played currency instead of stocks, would you invest in the US dollar as of now ?

Here is a chart (and btw, it works the same with any other major currency, even mexico pesos) :

1y

Let me tell you it this way :
If you were a foreigner and played currency instead of stocks, would you invest in the US dollar as of now ?

Here is a chart (and btw, it works the same with any other major currency, even mexico pesos) :

1y

I don't like forex. But if I have confidence in obama. If you believe he will do what he says. Which he doesn't. Then yes I would buy the green back while it is down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was , just this morning... oil prices must have dropped since then. No big deal, still at 99.7 cents to the greenback.

Actually it is a big deal. When the loonie is at or above par we get a lot more Canadian investors and companies looking to set up shop in the county I live in. When the loonie is significantly below par you could roll a bowling ball through the middle of our local mall and not hit a single person.

It was , just this morning... oil prices must have dropped since then. No big deal, still at 99.7 cents to the greenback.

I thought you were traveling southbound because you were getting more USD for your CAD. Other than looking back to the good ole days when it used to cost you 1.5 CAD to the 1 USD what are you really gaining when you get dollar for dollar?

tieguy

Banned
The Tea-Jhad Canidate got his clock cleaned down here in SOFLA like 65 % to 35 %...Deutch vs Lynch....Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out for ya ?

Diesels a good soldier. many factions from many different political spectrums are joining the tea party. liberal subversives have been proven to be the ones behind some of the tea party negatives yet here'e diesel still following the talking points his liberal puppet master gave him.