Obama's Conondrum

island1fox

1. America is Capitalist and Greedy----Yet over half of the Population is subsidized.

2. Half the Population is subsidized --Yet they think they are Victims.

3. They think they are Victims----Yet their Representatives run the Government.

4. Their Representatives run the Government--Yet the poor keep getting poorer.

5. The poor keep getting poorer -----yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.

6. They have things that people in other countries dream about ---yet they want America to be more like those other countries .

bbsam

Staff member
And how is this "Obama's" conundrum? Everything you've said has been true for decades except that in one form or another it is the entire populace that is subsidized.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And how is this "Obama's" conundrum? Everything you've said has been true for decades except that in one form or another it is the entire populace that is subsidized.
He didn't say conundrum, he said conondrum. I don't know what it means but I'm sure it's the key to understanding what he's trying to say :p

island1fox

Conundrum is a noun --meaning a complex --a mixture of various themes or a complex problem.
Conondrum is typical Obama ---A mixture of various problems with NON solutions.

There is your key !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
He didn't say conundrum, he said conondrum. I don't know what it means but I'm sure it's the key to understanding what he's trying to say :p
Maybe its the thing Mooch demands he wear so there is no punishments like Malia & Sasha again. :hapydancsmil:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
1. America is Capitalist and Greedy----Yet over half of the Population is subsidized.

2. Half the Population is subsidized --Yet they think they are Victims.

3. They think they are Victims----Yet their Representatives run the Government.

4. Their Representatives run the Government--Yet the poor keep getting poorer.

5. The poor keep getting poorer -----yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.

6. They have things that people in other countries dream about ---yet they want America to be more like those other countries .
bart board.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
To be fair, his post is spot on. The only flaw is his attempt to blame this on Obama.
No, it's not. He is also flawed in suggesting that only half of the public is on the governments "handout" list. Whether it's tax breaks for the 1% or $900/month payments to disability recipients or the mortgage tax credit, we've all become accustomed to giveaways while scorning the benefits others take advantage of.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

These are all examples of secondary subsidization. I have to admit that I like the mortgage tax credit, which I don't consider a "giveaway" but rather an incentive for homeownership.

You do have to admit that the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" is the widest it has been in a long, long time.

oldngray

nowhere special
These are all examples of secondary subsidization. I have to admit that I like the mortgage tax credit, which I don't consider a "giveaway" but rather an incentive for homeownership.

You do have to admit that the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" is the widest it has been in a long, long time.
The gap between poor and rich has definitely increased since Obama took office.

bbsam

Staff member

what's the difference between primary and secondary when it comes to subsidies? I too like the home owners deduction but I know that according to economists there's really no good excuse for it aside from people having one to expect it and therefore politicians are loathe to touch it--same as any other break or subsidy.

oldngray

nowhere special
GEE, I wonder if the WORST recession in history created under GW BUSH and left for OBAMA to inherit has anything to do with it OLDGRAY?

TOS.

Do you mean the recession that started when Democrats controlled Congress and created by forcing lenders to make sub prime mortgage loans? And Obama has been in office 5 years so he can't keep blaming Bush for his own failures.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you mean the recession that started when Democrats controlled Congress and created by forcing lenders to make sub prime mortgage loans? And Obama has been in office 5 years so he can't keep blaming Bush for his own failures.
Continue on now and credit Obama with the current recovery.;)