Obama's nightmare...the phone rings at 3:00 AM and...

over9five

Staff member
On another note....

Passerby, didn't you once tell me that when the stock hit $80 you'd leave and never come back?

tieguy

Banned
Once again, for the slow learners, Bush is still the president, and his appointees are still running the country, and the financial markets.

It will take months, if not years, to undo his mess.

The last pop the market had was when it was obvious that Obama would win the election. Expect another pop when he names his finacial appointees.

Today's drop had more to do with a less than needed cut in the interest rates in Europe, and the looming unemployment in the USA.

Before you undue his mess you have to put the brakes on the most destructive session of congress in history. Look at the unemployment rate Bush had it down to 4.4 percent in March of 2007. Since then this destructive phase of congress has jacked it up to 6.5 percent. Liberals just can't manage government.

Since Bush had it down to 4.4 percent How much of his "mess" do you think Obama will undue. Will he get it down to say 3.5 percent?
Any predicitions on where the rock star will take us?
Do the campaign workers he screwed out of their earings count as employed or unemployed?

tieguy

Banned
No need to go back to work, and your understanding of economics is laking.

Does Obama have any control over the stock market? Are his appointees running the Treasury or the Fed?

The market did go up when the world realized he would be elected, but Bushco has plundered the markets and it will be a long, hard slough to a better day, but I believe that day is coming.

I would say that Obama does not have control over the stock market. But the stock market has always boosted off the election of a new president. For some reason the financial gurus and investors who have listened to Barock star speak economics were not impressed and sold quickly upon his election.

chev

Nightcrawler
You will owe him your life and be thankful instead of arrogant!
Yes we will all prostrate ourselves to him and take his mark on forehead or hand. All hail the anti-messiah! ALL HAIL!! HOLY IS HIS NAME!
Dude, he is just a man. Stop getting so offended.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
For all you slow learners the most destructive congress in history is still in power and still destroying this economy.

The poor liberal congress is frantically looking for someone else to blame as they set new records in economic destruction.

The most destructive Congress in history cant do anything except submit bills for President Bush to sign. If what they are submitting is so bad, why have we not seen any vetoes?

tieguy

Banned
The most destructive Congress in history cant do anything except submit bills for President Bush to sign. If what they are submitting is so bad, why have we not seen any vetoes?

Hmmm republican president and republican congress = strong, healthy , growing , low unemployement rate economy.

republican president and liberal led congress = economic disaster.

Gee whiz lets see whats different here? hmmmmm

chev

Nightcrawler
Hmmm republican president and republican congress = strong, healthy , growing , low unemployement rate economy.

republican president and liberal led congress = economic disaster.

Gee whiz lets see whats different here? hmmmmm
NO NO NO. You have it all wrong. Don't you know it is all Bush's fault. He alone brought down the economy.:wink2:

Hmmm.....pork pork pork...that is what congress is best at.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
As obsessed as she was with this site, I'm sure she is.

"She" is around hiding under another name. He is not hard to spot. We banned yet another alias a few weeks ago, I'm thinking about doing the same with his new one.

chev

Nightcrawler
"She" is around hiding under another name. He is not hard to spot. We banned yet another alias a few weeks ago, I'm thinking about doing the same with his new on?
Is this person spoofing their ip address? I would assume that is how they keep getting back on. How desperate.
I noticed a couple that just happened to show up the same time in October with similar attitudes. Not saying they are the same, but just suspicious.

tieguy

Banned
Is this person spoofing their ip address? I would assume that is how they keep getting back on. How desperate.
I noticed a couple that just happened to show up the same time in October with similar attitudes. Not saying they are the same, but just suspicious.

Its amazing how those coincedences keep happening.:happy-very:

diesel96

Just curious, when's the last time BC banned a conservative ?

:whistling<----Whistling Jeopardy Music

Not a fan of the fairness Doctrine, nor am I a fan of censorship.

Tie, in a round-about way your right about your pet peeve of the month, this has been a destructive congress. They were elected in as majority 2 years ago but FAILED to shut this facist, renegade neo-con Republican Gov't down and bring this leadership to justice. Instead, the new Congress caves into granting the hi-jacked Republican party constituents, their every whim and fantasy. All of your other accusations your ranting about the Democrat Majority Congress have no legs to stand on except repeating Lindbaugh's pet peeve issue of the week. This week he's blaming the financial meltdown on Obama. I'm expecting to hear some of these rants shortly as well.:peaceful:

chev

Nightcrawler

Tie, in a round-about way your right about your pet peeve of the month, this has been a destructive congress. They were elected in as majority 2 years ago but FAILED to shut this facist, renegade neo-con Republican Gov't down and bring this leadership to justice. Instead, the new Congress caves into granting the hi-jacked Republican party constituents, their every whim and fantasy. All of your other accusations your ranting about the Democrat Majority Congress have no legs to stand on except repeating Lindbaugh's pet peeve issue of the week. This week he's blaming the financial meltdown on Obama. I'm expecting to hear some of these rants shortly as well.:peaceful:
:crazy2:

tieguy

Banned

Diesel keep this one out of the liberal versus conservative venue. The person that has been getting banned engaged in what could amount to criminal stalking. There are actually laws out there that cover internet stalking. the state of Arizona for example appears to have some nicely written legal language on this topic. hint...hint....hint.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned

Real simple our liberal congress could have done things this year to help curtail the dramatic economic crash. As an example Pelosi refused to address the rising fuel cost issues and allowed congress to adjourn despite a concerted effort by americans to force them to address the issue before leaving.

I believe congress willfully refused to address the crashing economy because they knew it would help Obama get elected. They let an economy that was one of the strongest in history as recently as last year crash and burn quickly for political gain.

your side keeps calling it a bush economy. I keep pointing out that not only was Bush's hands on the wheel but so were the hands of your liberal congress.

You can't argue that point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the major items holding-up any recovery plans is Bush's insistence on a free trade pact with Colombia, which, if passed, would add a tiny bit of commerce to our present dismally low level. Most pundits think it's a last-minute move by the departing President to throw a wrench into the Democratic Congress ala' Bush 1, who dumped a nearly complete NAFTA agreement onto Bill Clinton's lap when he assumed the office. Is "W" trying to do the same thing?

If so, torpedoing the recovery effort for the sake of politics is disgusting, but entirely plausible given the way Bush/Cheney have screwed this county over.

Given the conservative bias on this site, I fully expect to be blasted from all quarters...I'm used to it, so go ahead and fire.