Obama's proposed minimum wage ($10.10) surpasses UPS's & hall "sweet-heart" Deal!

BrownChoice

Thats not my job, but yes it is obvious it will cut into corporate profit. I cant say this for all workers though... Some pters milk the clock and/or do as little as humanly possible..

Oh one of the wonderful joys of being union. How some of these workers ever passed probation period is beyond me. Some are good actors but most should of never made it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If approved it will be the minimum wage for federal contract workers.

NOT true. By executive order, its ALREADY going to be implemented for federal contractors, but the president ASKED congress to pass it as a federal law for all states.

If that passes, it will be the law and our part timers by contract will be making less than the minimum wage, but the company would be obligated to pay the $10.10 an hour NO MATTER what our contract states.

TOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NOT true. By executive order, its ALREADY going to be implemented for federal contractors, but the president ASKED congress to pass it as a federal law for all states.

If that passes, it will be the law and our part timers by contract will be making less than the minimum wage, but the company would be obligated to pay the $10.10 an hour NO MATTER what our contract states.

TOS.

This is not the way that I read it.

stink219

ASKED congress! There is no way in hell the will raise it across the board. If the prez wanted everyone to have the 10.10, he would have. This is the political term for "passing the buck".

BrownChoice

I don't find it true either simply by the fact theres to much variation in states' minimum wages.

For example, in a state like Idaho, where the min wage is $7.25, they'd be getting a $3.85 raise... Theres just no way.

Inthegame

Thats not my job, but yes it is obvious it will cut into corporate profit. I cant say this for all workers though... Some pters milk the clock and/or do as little as humanly possible..

Oh one of the wonderful joys of being union. How some of these workers ever passed probation period is beyond me. Some are good actors but most should of never made it.
"should have never made it." Another wonderful joy of being union is even ingrates are welcome.

Ouch

[q="Inthegame, post: 1266240, member: 37112"]And you've had many personal conversations with Mr. hall to come to this conclusion?[/quote]
I tried to have a personal conversation with hall. I called him once a week for 19 weeks and never got a call back. I probably messed up and told the lady answering the phone why I wanted to speak to him and he never returned my call. I can understand being busy but come on one returned phone call, if just to say I can't do anything. I don't mind telling you what it was about. It was regarding us being locked out of feeders at our building. I went up the ladder as well. Started with a grievance, several conversations with the ba, then up to hall. It would have been nice to talk to him but can't say i have a lot of respect for him.

Inthegame

OUCH,

So you filed a grievance, talked to your BA, then illogically thought going to hall was the next step? I'm pretty sure Joe Biden wouldn't return too many of my calls if I complained about potholes. hall is the GST of all Teamsters, not just UPSers. He's got a pretty full plate. If you called the IBT there exists a process in which someone would investigate your issue by contacting your locals PO or the involved agent. Normally the local BA then revisits the issue with the complaintant. It is beyond reason to expect hall to get involved in local issues.

Ouch

Inthegame, I filed a grievance with thru that process, exhausted all means. Went to the ba and had numerous conversations with him about the situation. The ba directed me to hall and said if anyone could lay some in site on the problem with what was going on. The blame of the problem that we were experiencing was put on hall cause we were told he was the one that went behind our back and made an agreement with the company. I don't know about you but I have emailed Obama and got a return email. Granted it was most likely a form email that he sends to everyone but I got a responce. You are telling me hall doesn't have time to communicate with a steward that stands up for the union and it's employees day in and day out. That's a crock, the secretary I talked to should have told me he will never call you back. I would have even been okay with that. Just don't ignore me.

Inthegame

Inthegame, I filed a grievance with thru that process, exhausted all means. Went to the ba and had numerous conversations with him about the situation. The ba directed me to hall and said if anyone could lay some in site on the problem with what was going on. The blame of the problem that we were experiencing was put on hall cause we were told he was the one that went behind our back and made an agreement with the company. I don't know about you but I have emailed Obama and got a return email. Granted it was most likely a form email that he sends to everyone but I got a responce. You are telling me hall doesn't have time to communicate with a steward that stands up for the union and it's employees day in and day out. That's a crock, the secretary I talked to should have told me he will never call you back. I would have even been okay with that. Just don't ignore me.
He is not ignoring you. He is concentrating on his job, which doesn't include dealing with a steward on a local issue. Your BA is giving you a "shoeshine". He knew full well you'd never get hall involved. Your displeasure should be with the BA who apparently doesn't know how to explain the issue to your satisfaction so he passes it off.
You need to think this through a little. hall is the GST of 1.3 million members, every one of which can claim to be a steward "standing up for the union". There's around 400 Teamster Locals. He couldn't return calls from 10% of PO's on his best day and get anyhing else done.
Your PO should be involved in this at least to be informed that the BA is suggesting stewards contact the GST.

Ouch

Hot ignoring you. He is concentrating on his job, which doesn't include dealing with a steward on a local issue. Your BA is giving you a "shoeshine". He knew full well you'd never get hall involved. Your displeasure should be with the BA who apparently doesn't know how to explain the issue to your satisfaction so he passes it off.
You need to think this through a little. hall is the GST of 1.3 million members, every one of which can claim to be a steward "standing up for the union". There's around 400 Teamster Locals. He couldn't return calls from 10% of PO's on his best day and get anyhing else done.
Your PO should be involved in this at least to be informed that the BA is suggesting stewards contact the GST.
Then his secretary should have told me that. My Ba didnt put me on to hall knowing i would never get him, he put me on him because hall was the one that railroaded us. Like I said I even got a return email from the President of the USA. I'm sure Ken is not any busier than him.

Inthegame

Then his secretary should have told me that. My Ba didnt put me on to hall knowing i would never get him, he put me on him because hall was the one that railroaded us. Like I said I even got a return email from the President of the USA. I'm sure Ken is not any busier than him.
If you really think the President answered your e-mail, I'm beginning to understand why your BA told you to call hall.