Observed?

We get two a month and I put in for them no matter what. One is for my monthly chiropractor appointment and the other is for whatever I want it for. The last time I had one, they had me planned for it and then forced me to run the three o/a's I had. So I worked as instructed, punched out 8 hours, 45 minutes. Came in the next morning and filed a grievance for them not granting my 8 hour request. Free money FTW!!!!!!
I put them in just to Tick Off my sup! If I get done early great, if not SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

FilingBluesFL

We do get an 2 hour penalty, and I believe another 8 hour request because the one was not honored.

I've just never really needed one. I just call out if I want to do anything in the evening. That REALLY pisses them off more than a grievance!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That depends on where u are. Here we can't file for 2 hours penalty but we can bring back the truck at 8 hours and tell them what's left and goodbye.

Who says you can't file? Management??? They're wrong.

We can't file for triple time on 9.5 either. Don't know why but I know we can't. No need to when you just being the truck back at 8 hours anyway.

Usually only have to bring stuff back a few times before they realize not to mess with u.

didyousheetit

We can't file for triple time on 9.5 either. Don't know why but I know we can't. No need to when you just being the truck back at 8 hours anyway.

Usually only have to bring stuff back a few times before they realize not to mess with u.
where are you from brownslave? here in 710 we are like you. here we can bring it back after 8 hours but we also can file after 9.5 for triple time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP---did you happen to notice that the GPS on your DIAD was acting funny on that day? This happens when your center team is observing you through ODS-E. There is a 10-15 minute delay but they can tell where you are, how much work you have left and whether the ETA you sent in was valid or if you were milking it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
To the OP---did you happen to notice that the GPS on your DIAD was acting funny on that day? This happens when your center team is observing you through ODS-E. There is a 10-15 minute delay but they can tell where you are, how much work you have left and whether the ETA you sent in was valid or if you were milking it.

Never realized that was the reason

iowa boy

It is also there when they have a talk with you the next morning when you screw something up like too many bulkhead door incidents, recording while driving, recording while idling...that sort of stuff.
The last time I had one of those "O's", I hit stop complete while driving, not once, but twice....oops!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
All of this is possible without having a virtual OJS performed,and has been for quite awhile

HULKAMANIA

Well the reason I was asking is I was talking to another new driver yesterday. He seemed to think it meant you got spied on by the camera. I know he's ignorant as most of us are when we start working for this company. Although it did peak my interest. I remember looking at the camera and seeing the little box in the left corner that must be a light sensor, but if you didn't know any better you would swear its a camera.

Indecisi0n

Well the reason I was asking is I was talking to another new driver yesterday. He seemed to think it meant you got spied on by the camera. I know he's ignorant as most of us are when we start working for this company. Although it did peak my interest. I remember looking at the camera and seeing the little box in the left corner that must be a light sensor, but if you didn't know any better you would swear its a camera.

You mean the same lens I put my info notice reminders on?

stink219

Honestly, come to think of it, I've never once put in an 8 hour request. Crazy.

Probly because I know they just won't bother to honor it and ruin my plans for that night lol
Which is fine. They can deny it which gives you an automatic 2 hour pay penalty or they can make an attempt but if you still go over 8.5 they owe you a 2 hour pay penalty. I put in 2 every month just in hopes that they not honor it. That's an additional 800 bucks a year. Yes, I can micro manage my hours too.

stink219

Very true. The DIAD will act like your delivering to the wrong place.