Obsession

Overpaid Union Thug

Fact is, I have never understood the dislike for Upstate but then I don't follow him around to different threads. Our paths cross in the forums and we've had our disagreements. I still have that question about how did he offend in the thread that spawned this one?

Me either. As someone who is neutral when it comes to the "We hate UpstateNYUPSer Campaign" I can offer my view on things from the outside. It seems that all of his haters, although hinting that he is a problem, can't stop discussing him or antagonizing him. Reminds me of little boys picking on and teasing the girls they have crushes on in elementary school. My approach to dealing with someone that annoys me is to NOT deal with them at all. It doesn't make since to voluntarily interact with or constantly talk about someone that you supposedly can't stand. Just sayin......

Marne Vet

This is why it is so hard for me to interact with you. I start a serious thread about a co-worker who has lost her job due to an unreported accident with the hope that this wouldn't happen to anyone else and your only regret is that it wasn't me who lost his job.

You have a very vivid imagination, and I think you're embellishing this story a lot. I'm not calling you a liar, but your imagination is very vivid.

Pot meets Kettle

bbsam

Staff member
You have a very vivid imagination, and I think you're embellishing this story a lot. I'm not calling you a liar, but your imagination is very vivid.

Pot meets Kettle
Funny. This isn't the first time "pot meet kettle" has come up on this issue.

Marne Vet

I wish I were making this up and that she still had her job.

I'm not saying you are, but you seem to be embellishing the story a lot. Could be just a vivid imagination. These kind of things don't happen where I work, but I'm not saying you're a liar. Just think the story is being embellished and a vivid imagination is at work that's all.

Returntosender

I wish I were making this up and that she still had her job.
I think you liked this female who got terminated for not reporting the accident. That's why you keep talking about her. Was she your motivation when you went into work? Or when dispatch asked other drivers to help her with her route towards the end of the day. You were the first to say Dave to the rescue her?
You lost your damsel in distress. Now you can longer play the role of her hero. It's ok Dave in romance novels there is a hero and villain. Why don't you play the role the villain in her life. You play the role quite well on BC.

I've seen about 25 employees get fired for various reasons but I don't constantly write about it on here.

gingerkat

I'm going to sew little Rowdy and Daddy the cutest little outfits for next year - haha

Dave, call me so I can get your sizing info

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

RTS, I started this thread to let everyone know what can happen if you do not report an accident.

This same center manager threatened to fire a preloader on Friday who did not have the bulkhead door closed on one of the cars he was loading. I guess this is a new policy on the preload. Turns out the driver had opened it to put his lunch in the cargo area and never closed it.

They say when females hang around each other for a long time their periods sync up. I've never heard of it happening to males but more and more these forums call attention to it.

Returntosender

RTS, I started this thread to let everyone know what can happen if you do not report an accident.

This same center manager threatened to fire a preloader on Friday who did not have the bulkhead door closed on one of the cars he was loading. I guess this is a new policy on the preload. Turns out the driver had opened it to put his lunch in the cargo area and never closed it.

Well, Dave your original post made your point quite clear of what can happen if you don't report an accident. However 2 days latter you wrote about it again. Pretty sure people read your first post and a follow up wasn't needed. Then this obsession thread starts about you once again writing about not reporting accident. 3 times in 1 week same subject, same outcome.

Also UPS makes drivers sign paperwork saying report all accidents. If not disciplinary action will be taken up to and including termination. Everyone who drives has prior knowledge to this rule. At the end of day, it was her choice not to report it. You can't do anything about her choice.

center manager threatened to fire preloader on Friday for not having bulkhead door closed. In my center center manager, DM, LP threaten fire to everybody, if the rule is not followed. You work for UPS for 25 years, you should be immune to hearing about all the threats of firings by now. FYI in my center bulk head doors remain open while loading. Not all center have your center rules.