OBSTACLES IN THE ROAD

Mack Grant

Drivers, what pisses you off the most with obstacles while you are working? For me it is garbage trucks who park in the middle of the road and school buses who talk to the parents of the children getting off the bus for 5 mins.Needless to say they are horrible drivers in general!
Traffic cones placed during construction work that leave one lane open on a boulevard. Nowhere to stop and make a delivery, and I like to have the shortest walk path so I usually end up crushing one or two under my rear tire. This is in a p-1200. Most of the guys working on the road turn a blind eye, but I once caught a large plastic cone with the flashing lights on top under my front bumper and totally annihilated it. The construction sup (I'm guessing cause he had a tie on) comes over and is completely irate with me, said he would call in on me but nothing ever came of it.

over9five

Staff member
Traffic cones placed during construction work that leave one lane open on a boulevard. Nowhere to stop and make a delivery, and I like to have the shortest walk path so I usually end up crushing one or two under my rear tire. This is in a p-1200. Most of the guys working on the road turn a blind eye, but I once caught a large plastic cone with the flashing lights on top under my front bumper and totally annihilated it. The construction sup (I'm guessing cause he had a tie on) comes over and is completely irate with me, said he would call in on me but nothing ever came of it.

Lucky you. That would be an avoidable.

Supervisor stopping and talking to the first driver pulling out of the building while the rest are sitting with their cars running. What should take less than a minute turns into more than 5. Excessive idling used to be tabu.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Supervisor stopping and talking to the first driver pulling out of the building while the rest are sitting with their cars running. What should take less than a minute turns into more than 5. Excessive idling used to be tabu.

After we had the first "polar vortex " . We heard about idling time. Not a word since. Maybe after next week we will hear it again

Girls pacing you on the highway in the summer and giving you a show. Don't they know how dangerous it is to drive a set of doubles down the road one handed while trying to focus a camera phone?

S

selfcancelsignal

Yesterday while delivering an apt. bldg., I parked off to the side while leaving a lane for people to drive thru & what I thought was enough room for people to back & leave if they please. Some young lady parked in a handicapped spot w/ sticker & screamed, "Can you please find another place to park?" In a stuck up entitled tone. I had 3 parcels in my hands, 1 of them kinda heavy & I just looked at her w/ rage, turned around & headed back to my PC. She says, "you don't hafta do it now." I moved a whole section over to park just to prove the point. Was steamed, but thought friend it. Paid by the hour. Glad I was able to keep my cool enough to not throw the parcels back into my PC.

S

selfcancelsignal

Girls pacing you on the highway in the summer and giving you a show. Don't they know how dangerous it is to drive a set of doubles down the road one handed while trying to focus a camera phone?
Well worded!

ManInBrown

Nothing. I take it all in stride. All the crap we see and deal with every day on road. No point in letting it get to me. Does no good

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My all-time least favorite... Unknowingly driving through a pile of dog crap in the road with my front tire, which threw it onto the motor, in the middle of summer. Nothing like the smell of fresh, hot dog crap for hours.