Occurrences

Indecisi0n

How do occurrences work? For example: if you call out too much in a short period of time etc. Also if someone has a lot of sick time left from last year and wants to use those days before they reset if he uses sick paid time and takes an RLO is it an occurrence or does it still count as RLO?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Red Lipped Organism?
Rubber Lace Overalls?
Rough Little Orphan?
Rusty Layer Observer?

RLO?

And if you call out a bunch, but you use your sick days, then the management shouldn't have much of a problem. They COULD start to push the "Overall Attendance" card, but you have been using your entitlements. A simple heads up to your sup as to what may be going on so they have a general understanding can go a long way to keep them from trying to push the issue.

Now, if they are just call-ins and you have no days to use, then of course they are an 'occurrence'. Progressive discipline will likely follow.

RLO ,requested lay off, an authorized unpaid day. Irregardless of what your attendance record is, at least here, a RLO is just a day off and not an occurrence. However if you're mr absence your odds of getting one become slim

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
RLO ,requested lay off, an authorized unpaid day. Irregardless of what your attendance record is, at least here, a RLO is just a day off and not an occurrence. However if you're mr absence your odds of getting one become slim

Ah ok, RLO. Got it.

Well of course that isn't an occurrence. But again, it can ultimately bite you if you have an overall attendance issue. If you are out of entitlements to use, you most likely will not be granted any of these if they need you. Once you just start calling in, expect to start getting the attention that it brings.

Attendance issues are the easiest things you can give management to use as ammo against you...and you won't have any foot to stand on to fight it. I suggest not to test the boundaries. If you signed up for the job, show up to the job.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Everyone here is put down as either a call in or scheduled day off. Either way they use it against who they see fit when said person doesn't come in on days they need them. The problem is management sets a precedent because as much as they bow up thier chests about habitual call outs, it's easier to just put a runner gunner on the route instead of dealing with the problem.

Indecisi0n

The guy I am talking about has sick days that he hasn't used all year so obviously he doesn't have an attendance problem.

BrownArmy

...The problem is management sets a precedent because as much as they bow up thier chests about habitual call outs, it's easier to just put a runner gunner on the route instead of dealing with the problem.

So true in my center.

Us cover drivers would like a day off every once in a while without pulling teeth...MNGMT factors in all the 'usual-suspect' call-ins, and they base their plan thusly...I know 30 routes - I don't get a day off unless I plan it a month in advance or I book off.

Seniority has its benefits, no doubt, but said benefits shouldn't include pissing downriver for no good reason.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
It's not hard to do a write up for attendance problems....but again, if the day-off is approved, it's approved. If you are given a crap load of 'approved' days off, and then proceed to call-in repeatedly on days that you know they will need you, that sounds more like your problem than anyone elses. Given an inch, but you take a mile. (and by "you", I mean your friend)

I will work with my folks to the best of my ability while staying consistent and fair to the rest of the employees. But as soon as I feel that things are being taken advantage of, all bets are off.