Odd dispatch???

CHALLY9TX

Lately I've noticed on my route that certain sections are light while others are normal/heavier, then next day those light sections blow up and the the normal/heavier sections lighten up. It's been really noticeable the past 2 weeks. I've suspected UPS holds back volume for whatever reasons. I'm not talking about a missed trailer/train where the whole route/center lightens up. It's just certain sections. I've noticed this for a few years and while I was swinging but like I said it's really noticeable lately. Who determines dispatch besides the dispatch sup????

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
The Brown Budha in Atlanta?? IDK asked my dispatch sup same exact ? a while ago...he gave me some company BS line about thats just how it is....they are totally holding back areas at times.

Indecisi0n

If they get packages in "early" they have been known to hold them. Or there is just isn't enough coverage/time to break them down they get held.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's no conspiracy. Monday tends to be light on deliveries but a little heavy on pickups. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday tend to heavy on both deliveries and pickups with Wednesday being the heaviest. Friday usually is heavy with air and light on pickups. Repeat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's no conspiracy. Monday tends to be light on deliveries but a little heavy on pickups. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday tend to heavy on both deliveries and pickups with Wednesday being the heaviest. Friday usually is heavy with air and light on pickups. Repeat.

That's not what we are talking about. Certain zips and portions of other areas tend to have volume fluctuations which suggest volume may be being held at the hub.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I run a rural, high mileage route. I have noticed these flucuations for a couple years now. On my most extended areas it seems that I only deliver them every other day unless there is a premium parcel PALed for the area. Have always thought that dispatch had unofficially brought back the Rural Remote.

upschuck

What really is a amazing is when the ties come in, that is when everything flows perfectly, and volume seems light. They really must have magical powers.

What really is a amazing is when the ties come in, that is when everything flows perfectly, and volume seems light. They really must have magical powers.
I have always been amazed by that. District people come in for a day or two and preload runs smooth. Cars wrapped up and on time. As soon as they leave the preload is a disaster again.

upschuck

I have always been amazed by that. District people come in for a day or two and preload runs smooth. Cars wrapped up and on time. As soon as they leave the preload is a disaster again.
You would think they would get back to their office, and see the numbers off of what they usually run.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Lately I've noticed on my route that certain sections are light while others are normal/heavier, then next day those light sections blow up and the the normal/heavier sections lighten up. It's been really noticeable the past 2 weeks. I've suspected UPS holds back volume for whatever reasons. I'm not talking about a missed trailer/train where the whole route/center lightens up. It's just certain sections. I've noticed this for a few years and while I was swinging but like I said it's really noticeable lately. Who determines dispatch besides the dispatch sup????
Do you still swing? Lol?

oldngray

nowhere special
Baseball-1.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The Brown Budha in Atlanta?? IDK asked my dispatch sup same exact ? a while ago...he gave me some company BS line about thats just how it is....they are totally holding back areas at times.
They've been playing the game of holding volume for years, aint nothing new.