Odd thing to find in the parking lot

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Random_Facts, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Random_Facts

Random_Facts Member

Pull into work like it was just another day, to find 7 UPS trailers in the back row. This seems a bit odd to me, seeing as we have a huge yard for them to park in, just behind the fence. (near the back of the building). I asked my preload manager about this, and he said I was on a need to know basis, and didn't need to know. Just wondering why they would block 50 parking spots to put them in? You should have seen the utter mess, when the drivers came in to park. 60% of people were located in the RED zone.
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

They might be ADAs. We've got rid of a lot of junk trailers, and have put them in out of the way locations till they get pulled away.

Just a guess.
  3. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

What are ADA's?
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Same thing happens by us. We have limited parking and 6 trailers taking up our spots. I complain and get the same blank look I always get.
  5. over9five

Hopefully someone will know what it stands for, but it's any equipment that is too old/damaged/unsafe to use and scheduled for the crusher.
  6. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

I don't remember what ADA stands for but you are exactly right about the equipment is heading for the bone yard or Mexico!
  7. rod

rod retired and happy

I can see why UPS is so hush hush about this and its on a "need to know" bacis? Heaven forbid the hourlies or the public should know that UPS has some junk its going to get rid of. Maybe they should fill those trailers with idiot preload mamagers
  8. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Already Done Allocation There, you're welcome!
  9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

We had a bunch of empty feeders in our parking lot once. Division Feeder Manager came through for some reason(can't remember) and he blew a gasket! Feeders were gone the next morning. It was winter, too. Parking is hard enough when the plow guy is an idiot.
  10. trouble maker

trouble maker Member

I was told the ada tractors get sold overseas that's why our mechanic isn't allowed to strip them of any good parts.
  11. YouKnowWhoIam

YouKnowWhoIam Banned

and a new yawka or two........just sayin
  12. SignificantOwner

SignificantOwner A Package Center Manager

My guess is that he didn't know what was going on with them either.
  13. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Automotive Destruction Authorization...
  14. ridge128

ridge128 New Member

Automotive Destruction Authorization
  15. faded jeans

I like mine better. Just saying...........
  16. over9five

Hey, I believed you!
  17. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Automotive Disposal Authority. Its where they turn big brown package cars into little brown cubes of crushed metal.
  18. faded jeans

Maybe I can score that job when I retire. The satisfaction factor would be quite high! This button right here.

(crunching metal and maniacal laughter) :crazy2:
  19. iamupser

iamupser I'm Institutionized

Since UPS got caught in New York putting rotted, unroadworthy vehicles on the road, they just send your ADAs to the other 49 states!

BTW, we take parts off of our ADAs all the time, then send them to the crusher after.
  20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

You are funny! It was the center manager ripping red tags off trucks that did it! He's now he on-car. After spending One year driving to Syr.