Odd thing to find in the parking lot

Random_Facts

Pull into work like it was just another day, to find 7 UPS trailers in the back row. This seems a bit odd to me, seeing as we have a huge yard for them to park in, just behind the fence. (near the back of the building). I asked my preload manager about this, and he said I was on a need to know basis, and didn't need to know. Just wondering why they would block 50 parking spots to put them in? You should have seen the utter mess, when the drivers came in to park. 60% of people were located in the RED zone.

over9five

Staff member
They might be ADAs. We've got rid of a lot of junk trailers, and have put them in out of the way locations till they get pulled away.

Just a guess.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Same thing happens by us. We have limited parking and 6 trailers taking up our spots. I complain and get the same blank look I always get.

tarbar66

Hopefully someone will know what it stands for, but it's any equipment that is too old/damaged/unsafe to use and scheduled for the crusher.

I don't remember what ADA stands for but you are exactly right about the equipment is heading for the bone yard or Mexico!

rod

Retired 22 years
I can see why UPS is so hush hush about this and its on a "need to know" bacis? Heaven forbid the hourlies or the public should know that UPS has some junk its going to get rid of. Maybe they should fill those trailers with idiot preload mamagers

menotyou

bella amicizia
We had a bunch of empty feeders in our parking lot once. Division Feeder Manager came through for some reason(can't remember) and he blew a gasket! Feeders were gone the next morning. It was winter, too. Parking is hard enough when the plow guy is an idiot.

I can see why UPS is so hush hush about this and its on a "need to know" bacis? Heaven forbid the hourlies or the public should know that UPS has some junk its going to get rid of. Maybe they should fill those trailers with idiot preload mamagers

and a new yawka or two........just sayin

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Pull into work like it was just another day, to find 7 UPS trailers in the back row. This seems a bit odd to me, seeing as we have a huge yard for them to park in, just behind the fence. (near the back of the building). I asked my preload manager about this, and he said I was on a need to know basis, and didn't need to know. Just wondering why they would block 50 parking spots to put them in? You should have seen the utter mess, when the drivers came in to park. 60% of people were located in the RED zone.
My guess is that he didn't know what was going on with them either.

old levi's

blank space
Automotive Disposal Authority. Its where they turn big brown package cars into little brown cubes of crushed metal.

Maybe I can score that job when I retire. The satisfaction factor would be quite high! This button right here.

(crunching metal and maniacal laughter) :crazy2:

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I was told the ada tractors get sold overseas that's why our mechanic isn't allowed to strip them of any good parts.

Since UPS got caught in New York putting rotted, unroadworthy vehicles on the road, they just send your ADAs to the other 49 states!

BTW, we take parts off of our ADAs all the time, then send them to the crusher after.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You are funny! It was the center manager ripping red tags off trucks that did it! He's now he on-car. After spending One year driving to Syr.